“Chicken & Dumplings”
Description from Vee aka Dream Chickie: One of my favorite recipes ~ Chicken & Dumplings with Broccoli & Carrots. (this is comfort food!)
~2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (cut into strips, season with garlic salt)
~1 tablespoon butter
~1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (I use Campbell's)
~1/2 onion, finely diced (or chopped onion seasoning)
~1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces (Pillsberry roll of 8 biscuits "use 4 biscuits in the recipe, refrigerate the rest")
(Spray slow cooker with Pam cooking spray)
1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough chicken broth to cover (I use Country Inn chicken broth)
2. Cover and cook 3 hours on High. After 2 hours add your torn pieces of biscuit dough (seasoned with garlic salt) in the slow cooker and cook for the last hour or until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
3. When it is all done, I turn off my crockpot and let the chicken and dumplings sit in the crockpot for about 45 mins to an hour to let the broth thicken more into a gravy.
4. I cook my brocolli and carrots on the stove not in the crockpot.
5. Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: Season your way. I just like garlic salt or garlic powder in mine. :)
- “"Summer to Fall”: on
“Like the wildness of the orange - those CG feathered daggers are in a league of…” read »
- “Next Adventure”: on
“Great pick Karen! Congrats on being chosen as one of the weekly fave!…” read »
- “Cool Breezes.”: on
“I like the simplicity of a pendant on a chain, and the Rustic Charms pieces and…” read »
- “Do girls really like pink?”: on
“I have 3 daughters and they have gone through phases of both loving and hating pink.…” read »
- “Sunflower Challenge”: on
“Becky, great pick congrtas on it being chosen as one of the weekly fave!…” read »
- “Kitties In The Tall Grass”: on
“CAS,Congrats on your pick being being chosen as one of the weekly fave!…” read »
- “Ginkgo, Green Tea & Ginsing”: on
“Susie, Congrats on your pick being chosen as one of the weekly fave!…” read »
- “All things silver and new”: on
“Quite the menagerie there - they will all look great with the new chains. The squirrel…” read »
- “An Orchid In Her Hair”: on
“Congrats on your pick being chosen as one of the weekly fave! That pendant is fab…” read »
- “Fresh Cut Flowers”: on
“Wanda, Congrats on this being chosen as one of the weekly fave. I order those Czech…” read »
Comments are closed for this Fresh Pick.