Memorial Day Sale: Save on your entire order with code MEMORIAL17
fresh picks

“Favorite color combo”


Description from Chicky Red-haired Grammy: Decorating tip: look into your closet to find your favorite colors ...
Picking tip: look into your closet ...
I am trying to get my closet to Maggie's Mom's gorgeous "Way out of my box" pick but the specter of my mother (who sewed) chanting "moss green and avocado" holds me back. Ah, mothers!


Buy the Beads!

16" strand $5.40
½ strand (loose) $2.95

More Photos & Ideas »

Read the comments (or add your own)

  1. Granny Nancy
    Granny Nancy says:

    Oh I do love this combo. I’m so excited to think about fall colors and this combo is superb. Love it.

  2. Chicky Red-haired Grammy
    Chicky Red-haired Grammy says:

    Thank you, Nancy. I purchased the Humble beads dahlia piece some while ago and cannot wait to use it – a gorgeous fall focal. I love fall and the colors and sweaters and fires in the fireplace … we are SO glad to be finally back home!

  3. Beadzilla aka Wanda
    Beadzilla aka Wanda says:

    I love these colors! Orange and green are my all time favorites, in any shade! I love it!

  4. deleted
    deleted says:

    Moss green and olive look great on redheads.

  5. Granny Nancy
    Granny Nancy says:

    I used to have olive clothing when I worked but I have outgrown them and they’ve gone to charities. I’ve looked around for colors this fall on the Internet and have seen emerald. Will have to check for olive green. Would love to treat myself to something in olive. I have greenish (actually hazel) eyes.

  6. deleted
    deleted says:

    I would love an olive suede jacket but the leather dry-cleaning costs are outrageous.

  7. Maggies Mom
    Maggies Mom says:

    Chicky, here’s a tip for you to help with your mom’s mantra … buy one awesomely bright and bold scarf in a print you can wear with several things and just go for it. I tell people I am 10% hippie (the remaining 90% is conservative!). Scarves do it for me.

  8. Chicky Red-haired Grammy
    Chicky Red-haired Grammy says:

    Scarves, oh yes! Just give a French woman a Hermes scarf and she is set for life! Mom was a Queen of Scarves and when she could no longer remember how to tie them, my heart broke. I have many scarves and wear them often, thanks to her tutelage. It was fun wearing them I London for these past years. British women also know the value of A Good Scarf!

  9. SilverCords aka Judy
    SilverCords aka Judy says:

    I think you can make some awesome pieces from these beautiful stones and elements. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I think the scarf idea is fabulous for lifting a wardrobe. I don’t wear as many as I’d like–I’m short (and now getting wide) so I sometimes feel like the scarf is eating me alive.:(

  10. deleted
    deleted says:

    The Dahlia pendant is really pretty and has so many possibilities. Judy, I know what you mean – I tried to use scarves but it wasn’t meant to be.

  11. Dill
    Dill says:

    Beautiful pick! I especially love the gemstones you chose. I hadn’t noticed the 2-hole apple jasper – that looks gorgeous. I have been wanting to try the brandy opal.

    I’m also a scarf-lover, which started when I lived in France and has only grown since. Nothing I like more to wear than a simple black outfit with a beautiful scarf. Plus, I get cold in air-conditioned buildings, so it serves a double purpose!

  12. puppychick  labratbecky
    puppychick labratbecky says:

    Fall in MN is the best. I love the smells as well as the colors. :) I have to agree with momma on the best colors for redheads, along with warm blues, but you can always spice things up. These colors are very lovely together!

  13. Chicky Zee aka Alice
    Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

    Great pick !Q Merilee congrats on this pick being chosen as one of the weekly fav!

  14. Chicky Red-haired Grammy
    Chicky Red-haired Grammy says:

    Thank you!

Comments are closed for this Fresh Pick.

Design Your Own!

The Fresh Pick on this page was designed by a customer. You can design your own Fresh Picks, too!

Or, you can browse more Fresh Picks at Lima Beads.