“Need Your Advice...Please :)”
Description from Breezy Chick aka Bree: I would really appreciate some advice. I've been looking at designs on line and being a total beginner I have many questions on how these designs come together.
1. Jump rings... what is the difference/purpose of opened or closed jump rings?
2. Connectors... if I were to use connectors as a focal point in a necklace, how would I keep the necklace from looking scrappy with all the crimps everywhere holding the connectors in place or is there some other way? (same question for the jump rings).
3. Leather....I love the look of necklaces that have the precious stones/metals at the front/centre of the necklace and the back half is leather thong. Would you use a jump ring to connect the string of beads to the leather and how do you make this look tidy? Also what kind of crimps would you use on leather?
4. Sterling Silver....I want to use sterling silver beads & findings in my pieces... does anybody recommend a site that sells sterling silver beads and findings? Would love to get my hands on some sterling silver cones also... any recommendations?
Thats it for now, I'm sure there will be more questions to come. Thanks for taking the time to read all my questions. :-) Hope they make sense.
- “"Moon gate" Inspired”: on
“Love this, so flattered that you liked my pick enough that it inspired this!…” read »
- “Falling for Kyanite”: on
“I am a huge fan of kyanite too! Love the beads you chose to go with…” read »
- “Curvy Like A Back Road”: on
“I like how the amazonite twisted pillows pair up with the lampwork acorn and the ceramic…” read »
- “Woodland Depths”: on
“Sweet storybook charm and love the little bee with the ceramic hive.…” read »
- “Dragonfly Dream”: on
“Love the aqua opal druks with with the Dragonfly and Starflower buttons - so pretty.…” read »
- “Antique Radio”: on
“ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS .... Very cool, such a nice mix of elements here.…” read »
- “Dragonfly Dream”: on
“Just gorgeous, Beth ! My sister-in-law loves dragonflies and she would swoon over this collection…” read »
- “mimosa”: on
“Congrats on POD. Had you considered using the blueberry/lemon crystals with citrine? Or, not pastel like…” read »
- “I'll Give You A Daisy A Day”: on
“Love it. Flowers are happy objects. They should remind you to be happy.…” read »
- “Anna 2.0”: on
“Wonderful color combo, spicy rich. And who wouldn't want a discount on the clasps?…” read »
- “Sweet Lilac And Rose”: on
“That owl is magnificent, Wanda ! Love these colors and textures - -…” read »
- “Bronzed Summer”: on
“Love the texture and shapes of the Saki pieces, Dill ! Who said monotone is…” read »
Comments are closed for this Fresh Pick.