Fall Beads Check-up

Posted by Steve on October 20 at 05:00 pm

Staying stocked!

Hi beaders! I just wanted to make sure you had your fingers on our pulse at Lima Beads for the Fall season… Here’s a quick list of the autumn happenings here at Lima.

New Fall Beads

We’ve been busy adding new beads during our Fall Bead Harvest (see the stack of boxes on the right!):

Looking for a deal?

Every Tuesday we send out Lima Lunch Specials, which are email-only specials delivered to your Inbox over your lunch hour. If you haven’t tried the Big Green Bead Machine, you might not want to–it’s too addicting! Finally, a new Fresh Pick is on sale every day until the end of 2008. Just look for the  at the top of the home page for the daily deal.

Fall Fresh Picks

Our customers are creating brand new Fresh Picks every day! We’re so excited to see their inspiration come to life right in front of our eyes on our web site. Some recent Fall-themed picks are Fanning into Fall, Autumn Leaves are Falling, Fall on Sunshine, and Autumnal Inspirations. There are probably 100 I didn’t mention, and you can check out all the snapshots here. Or, just remind me below and I’ll link them up in the comments!

Autumn is in full effect here in Michigan. One thing we’re always curious about, though, is if it feels like Fall in other parts of the country. Even if the leaves don’t change color, do you still sense the changing of the season? Let us know below!

Our leaves here in New Hampshire peaked last week, but there is still alot of color around. And alot of leaves falling. I’m NOT looking forward to raking myself, pine needles, of which we have an abundance, can be a “supply expletive here” to rake up. My neighbor’s daughters however love it, and raked up a huge pile. They were taking turns diving head first into it with their friends this weekend.

It’s getting colder daily. We had a heavy frost this morning, and the weather report is saying perhaps, GASP!, SNOW!!!! on Wednesday. I’m not ready for that yet, I’d like fall to last a bit longer.

It’s freezing here (we’ve already had frost)!!!! But gorgeous! Glowing yellows and fiery reds adorn the trees and crunchy leaves are on the ground. This morning it was misting and so foggy that things, even just across the street, disappeared into the quiet white cloud. The crab apple tree out back is almost completely yellow with a few red apples still hanging in there. It’s definitely soup and hot apple cider weather. I love this time of year!

Snow and heavy frost!?! Please, not yet!!!!

Rachel says:

Oh no! Please don’t use the “s”-word yet! I love a white Christmas, but a white Halloween?

I can’t tell you guys how much I have been ogling all of our new Labradorite shapes; they are incredible!

We may be getting snow tonight! I’m not ready! It’s still fall!!!

I know that we’ve had snow at Halloween before, and snow at Thanksgiving too. But, as far as I’m concerned, snow should only be allowed December 1st to mid-March. I agree totally with Kitty, it’s still fall!!!!

7. beadaholchick
    beadaholchick says:

My problem-how to stop beading & go rake leaves???

8. Kevin
    Kevin says:

beadaholchick – Our neighbor’s oak tree is enormous and all of his leaves end up in our backyard! I have been procrastinating this same thing for about 2 weeks.

It finally happened. We got snow, less than an inch albeit but still snow, last night/this morning!
    You could “see” all 4 seasons today. Gorgeous fall foliage, snow on the ground, flowers still growing and blooming all on their own, and green grass in well kept lawns and even trees filled with green leaves! God’s creation never ceases to amaze me!!!

Sorry you got snow Kitty. We lucked out and only got rain (no raking in the rain, so we lucked out twice).

11. beadaholchick
    beadaholchick says:

Thanks Kevin-now I know I’m in good company!

charibc says:

It is a beautiful day in Boulder City Nevada( where the Dam is ) Sunny and bright. NO SNOW.I can go bead on the porch and love the sunshine! I do miss the falling leaves . There aren’t any to kick out here. just cactus spines!!

Our weather in Seattle has been pretty variable this year, summer was unseasonably cold and rainy. Then recently we have had some cool rainy days alternating with wonderful crisp days with lots of autumn sunshine. By the way, I just placed my first order recently and received a couple of strands of small flourite nuggets, the quality is superb and the price (they were discounted on the “Fresh Pick” of the day recently) was astounding for the excellent quality. Flourite’s one of my favorite gemstone beads due to the variations of color in varieties such as the “rainbow” one, ranging from teal, green, purple to lavender and clear in the same strand of beads!

Joyce

14. beadaholchick
    beadaholchick says:

Joyce-we are almost neighbors. I live out in North Bend. I’ve been ordering from L.B for a few months now, & I love the quality also. I have to admit I’ve become a little addicted to the Fresh Picks!!!

15. Bonnie R
    Bonnie R says:

Hey Joyce, I wondered if you were from Seattle (the big city). I was thinking about a pick for the Farmers market, but you have access to the most amazing farmers market. what about a fresh picked based on the market? p.s. I work down South in Tumwater. :)

16. beadaholchick
    beadaholchick says:

Ok-seems like ALOT of us are from the great Pacific Northwest. I think the ideas that are coming in about an easier way to communicate would be great-maybe then we could just how many crazy beaders are up here.
    (I’m in North Bend-by the Cascades) & get a lot of inspiration just looking out my windows!

hey bonnie r and beadaholchick,

in hunting for the L.B. easter eggs, just noticed both your comments, my apologies!!! hello pacific nw neighbors!!! where have you both been lately, haven’t seen Picks from either of you??? love the suggestion about doing a Pick (or more) based on our wonderful farmers’ markets here!!! :)