Treasure Trove of Earthy Tones

Posted by Ali on October 15 at 05:45 pm

These are last week’s top 10 favorite Fresh Picks! Some new Fresh Pickers made the list – congratulations everyone!

1. Gold Infinity by Starsparkle
  2. Siren’s Transformartion by Sandy S
  3. The Virtues: Temperance by CAS
  4. Copper Mountain by Victoria M
  5. El Dia de los Muertos by Cuban Queen
  6. Night of a 1000 Stars from Lima’s Picks
  7. Gothic by Perlemamma
  8. Turquoise and Lime by Phyllis R
  9. Raindrops on Roses by Katrina A
  10. Black Cherry Tree by Kitty

What I think about the top 3:

Gold Infinity by Starsparkle

Gold Infinity by Starsparkle

Gold Infinity – I’ve never been very big into gold jewelry – until now! I love the combination of filigree Stampt gold with pearls and gemstones. The yellow crazy lace agate and yellow conglomerate jasper are underappreciated stones. Their pattern is so bold! We’ve seen some of our customers’ designs and love the use of the Gypsy Hoops as earrings. Normally you might think that combining the same color over-and-over in a design is boring, but there’s nothing normal or boring about this pick. I love the added splash of red, since we’re out of stock of the Golden Wooden Jasper Triangle the red fossil coral makes a great substitute.

Siren's Transformation by Sandy S

Sirens Transformation by Sandy S

Siren’s Transformation- Not to be corny, but this pick totally reminds me of walking the Mendocino, CA coastline. The blue skies and deep waters combined with old trees and pines lining the beaches . . . I think I need to take a sabbatical . . . sorry guys :-) The blend of greens to blue with coppery browns is perfect. I love that this pick was created with so many different interesting stones and shapes: blue opal, Australian chrysoprase, copper green opal, apatite, rutilated quartz (multi), Madagascar petrified wood, emerald, green moss agate, andalusite and a bunch more! Would you use the Vintaj Natural Brass Asian Marine Dolphin Pendant as a pendant or connector or earrings? Just curious…

The Virtues: Temperance by CAS

The Virtues: Temperance by CAS

The Virtues:Temperance – wow CAS, you’ve gone Fresh Pick crazy!! I really like that you used the Stampt Copper Plated Skeleton Key. The latest Stringing Magazine features keys and locks in their “Beads to Buy” section.I love throwing unexpected shapes into a design. The color/pattern combinations in this pick are very appealing.I really like how you put the hypersthene and rainbow obsidian in with the coppers and greens.The pattern on the green snakeskin is awesome and the color green in the variscite really makes the rich green in the copper green opal and Canadian jade pop!It definitely makes the pick more interesting with the pearls and filigree.Great Job!

What does everyone think?

1. Kevin
    Kevin says:

I like Siren’s Transformation a lot — but, I’m partial to anything with blue opal in it.

Wow CAS! You are on fire! Where is all this inspiration and color and creativity coming from?!

So… “7”, seven sins, but what is “one” ?

Cool stuff!

Thanks Kitty (love “Rose of Sharon”, gorgeous!). Yes, seven is for the seven deadly sins. I thought that since I’d done the virtues I should do the sins too. “One” isn’t mine though, it’s Haute Rawx’s.

P.S. Thank you everyone who likes my picks. I appreciate it. I’m finding alot of inspiration from your picks too.

oops! sorry.

love the colors Haute

Starsparkle- I love Gold Infinity. I love gold to begin with, but all the different shades of it plus the filigree pieces makes it really interesting to look at. It’s in my favorites!

Cuban Queen – your “Haitian Fruit Stand” is utterly stunning! Wow! I’m always amazed at your picks. I’ve visited the carribean a number of times, and your picks transport me back there every time. Wow, just don’t stop.

Wow, thanks CAS, you’ve got some great picks, too! If only we all had such a wealth of creativity like you do! lol

Cool picture Cuban Queen. It looks like the perfect any occasion fall necklace. I would like to see a bigger picture of it.

I’d love to see a bigger picture of it also. I’d love it if we had a spot to post pictures of all of the lovely pieces we design using Lima Beads, hint, hint.

Yeah, I second that idea CAS! (If I were more computer literate I’d put up a bigger pic of the necklace! But I can tell you that it’s a choker made of 7 graduated seed-pod inlay pieces inlaid on a background of black resin so it has a really cool black, tan, and brown natural pattern on it.)

LET’S SEE IF THIS WORKS….

Nope, didn’t think so…but I tried!

CAS- I just saw Machu Picchu…it’s funny cuz I’m working on one right now with a similar theme using that gorgeous bronze pendant…great minds think alike! lol

Cuban Queen – I can’t wait to see yours. Great minds do think alike, and take inspiration from each other to create more and more beautiful things. “Homage to the Queen” was my inspiration from your picks, and “As Cool as Kitty’s Picks” was my inspiration from Kitty’s picks (obviously, lol).

Cuban Queen – I LOVE “Aztec Riches”!! I would never have thought to go that way myself, using the brights as you did. But it came out stunning. You have a wonderful way of mixing the brighter colors.

I just took a peek at “Homage to the Queen”…that’s so cool that you would do that! I love all the golds, purples, and green in the piece, I guess I do use those colors a lot! I think a homage to you would be a good idea, too, since you have more Picks than anybody! lol

EVERYONE– Not to turn LimaBeads into a social network or anything, but I just thought it would be cool for all of us to exchange some basic info…so I guess I’ll start:
    I’m Ivy, 26, and I’m a stay-at-home mom of three starting up my own jewelry business.

18. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

The Cuban Queen and I had the same thought. I love looking at the Fresh Picks for inspiration. The color combinations are wonderful! I’m trying to sell my jewelry creations and would love to receive any useful tips. I love to bead and would like to have a small successful business. If anyone has some advice, please fell free to share!

Nothing wrong with networking in my book, if Lima Beads hadn’t set up the blogs we wouldn’t have this opportunity to share.
    I’m Christine, 47, and I got into beading via scrapbooking. I decided to bead some scrapbooking charms for some friends (also scrapbookers), and now I’m totally addicted to beading. And yes the scrapbooking is suffering a little neglect.

I forgot to add that I live in upstate NY where the foliage is SOOOO beautiful right now! =)

Hmmm…guess we should start this on a more recent post…

22. beadaholchick
    beadaholchick says:

A more recent post would be good-but maybe the good folks @ L.B will see this & have some ideas.
    I also have 3 kids, pretty much grown up-and am a veterinary tech. when not beading (or thinking about them!!)

23. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

I couldn’t sleep so here I am at Lima’s. I try to bead every week. I don’t have any children and I’m a housewife. I discovered beading a while back and since I can’t work (Lupus) anymore I have my beading to enjoy. The beads I get from LB are always top notch. Here lately I’ve only been creating pieces to match some new clothes I bought. I confess, I am a shopper!! Can’t wait for the sterling silver items to appear!