And The Winner Is…

Posted by Kevin on November 22 at 03:30 pm

We have a winner in the How May Beads in The Jar contest.

When Mademoiselle M guessed 763 only a few minutes after we started the contest, we thought maybe it was going to be too easy! She was the first person to be within 25 of the correct answer, so she gets a $25 gift certificate.

In the days to follow, we had a great time coming up with the hints and watching such a huge range of guesses come in. The real shocker came this afternoon when the correct guess came in and it was…. Mademoiselle M!!!

There are 781 beads in the jar. This means that Mademoiselle M won the $25 gift certificate AND the $100 gift certificate. The contest was originally intended to award two people, so we’ve decided to also give a $25 gift certificate to the second person that came within 25. This is Charlotte P with her guess of 777 on Nov. 18 at 9:44am.

Thank you to everyone that guessed. We had a ton of fun with this contest and we hope that you did too. We’ll definitely be doing something like this again in the near future.

If anyone wants to share pictures or screenshots of their spreadsheets, scribbled notes, or hand-written tables, we’d love to see them! I thought it was so cool that some of you went all mathematical on us :)

Congratulations to Mademoiselle M and Charlotte P, good job ladies.

I wish I had won, but in the end it was alot of fun guessing (I even got Dad involved, a feat in and of itself). This would be super fun to do again sometime.

Again Cheers! to Mademoiselle M and Charlotte P.

2. Mademoiselle M
    Mademoiselle M says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Thanks Lima Beads! :)

3. Frogzen
    Frogzen says:

Congrats!!!

I think I’ll get more work done now that this fun contest is over. Between this and the fab Bead Machine I wasn’t accomplishing much. ;)

I started out with an index card which got so messy and out of hand I tore it up and started an excel spreadsheet (attached). A vlookup to the list of guesses automatically updated the possible answers column.

Attachment

Staci – That’s pretty much the coolest thing I’ve seen in a long time. Nice work!

5. Tammy Jo
    Tammy Jo says:

Sweet!! Congrats ladies!

That was so much fun! can we do it again? huh, can we? Pwease!! Comonnnn,
    Pa..Weeaase…

Sorry Kevin, but you might as well get used to it.. being a new daddy and all.

6. Mademoiselle M
    Mademoiselle M says:

My method was not very different from Staci’s… deleting guesses made or clued out, but it was still luck out of the 20 possibilities left!
    I’m sooooooo happy! Seriously, that made my week!!!!
    My cart is waiting, full of pretties… :)

who gets the jar?

Congratulations ladies!! Great guessing Mademoiselle M! WOW!
    Have fun and we want to see what you do with your purchases! :)

9. Kevin
    Kevin says:

Kitty-
    These beads are pieces of CZ that are slightly flawed, off-color pearls, and things that get returned that we don’t put back into stock for quality reasons. We keep them all in a shoe box.

When the box gets full, we’re going to donate it to a local Girl Scouts troop for their beading activity.

They need beads to learn with and no matter how bad a bead is, we just can’t bring ourselves to throw it away :)

Cool!

11. beadaholchick
    beadaholchick says:

Well-I wasn’t to far off w/ my last guess-glad to hear that the jar of beads will go to some future beaders!!

12. LoriEllen
    LoriEllen says:

This was fun! Congradulations to the winner. :)

Gayla G says:

Congrats M.M.! I hope the next contest starts soon. My inability to stop adding to my L.B.’s cart is sending me to the poor house. :-)

BTW, I think it’s really great of the L.B. staff to donate the returns. Way to go guys!

Bead Girl says:

Wow! Good Job M.M!
    Also congrats to Charlotte P.

Mikell S says:

That was a great contest, and I was only 8 beads off. My method was to count the ones visible x 2 and add extra for the middle, and the clues fit. At least, if the questions ever come up, I know the length of the Mississippi and the atomic # of Lithium.

Eventhough I didn’t win I had a lot of fun. Congratulations to the winners! Can’t wait til we get to do this again! Alice

Congrats, Mademoiselle M and Charlotte P! This contest was lots of fun, Matt and Kevin, when’s the next one? ;)

18. WaterburyJewels
    WaterburyJewels says:

Congratulations to the both of you!!!

19. Klista H
    Klista H says:

I was out of town with no web access for the weekend. :-( Congrats to the winners! I am glad the contest is over! I can stop updating my excel spreadsheet and get some work done : -) It was fun!!! Can’t wait to see what the next contest will be.

20. Kevin
    Kevin says:

Cuban Queen-

We’re trying to think that up right now!

21. Atomic Toad
    Atomic Toad says:

This contest was a blast. Hats off to Lima Beads marketing genius, once again. Congrats to the winners!

laleta2000 says:

Happy Thanksgiving all. I just wanted to say that I absolutely love Lima Beads. There are very few times that I have not taken a look at your site that I do not order. I usually order small, but whatever the purchase, it is always correct and the beads are a great quality. The turn around time is wonderful for receiving purchases. Even when I’ve called on occasion, I am treated as a valued customer for any questions I may have Please continue bringing new and wonderful stuff. Although I have not taken advantage of the lunch time special, it’s great receiving it. Will you ever add sterling silver products, i.e. clasps, head pins, etc.? That way I could take care of all my beading needs from one place. So special thanks to the Lima Beads Staff for all they do.

laleta