Gemstone Cabochons are Here!

Posted by Kevin on November 20 at 03:20 pm

A few weeks ago, I announced that Lima Beads would soon be carrying gemstone cabochons. I started receiving emails about a week later saying “Hey! Where are the Cabs???” Beaders have no patience! I can say this for sure because I’m married to one. :)

I’m happy to say that we have added gemstone cabochons to our shop today! We’re starting off with shapes in some of our most popular stones and we’ll be growing the line from there.

We have standard cabochon sizes to wire-wrap or set:

Oval Cabochons

Oval Cabochons

We have these standard sizes in:

• African green jasper
  • Blue pearl
  • Bronzite
  • Lapis
  • Larimar blue crazy lace agate
  • Porcelain jasper
  • Rhyolite
  • Ruby crazy lace agate

We also have freeform sizes to wire-wrap:

Rutilated Quartz

Rutilated Quartz

Rainbow Impression Jasper

Rainbow Impression Jasper

I love the freeform cabochons! They have so much character and each piece is truly unique. That’s actually a good thing to keep in mind when you order a freeform gemstone cabochon — each piece is different. While what you receive will be similar to the photo on our web site, it is unlikely that it will be exactly the same.

Check out the Gemstone Cabochons now.

Enjoy everyone. Let us know what you think! There will be many more gemstone cabs to come as we expand the line.

-Kevin

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

Half of the cabochons have made it onto my wish list already. GORGEOUS!! They look spectacular! My mind is reeling with possibilities, and the plotting has begun. Thank you Kevin, Ali, Steve, Matt, Rachel & Riki, you guys are the best!

I couldn’t wait. I’ve already ordered some cabs, they were simply way too tempting.

Here are some “not very good” pictures of some pieces I made with “LB” beads. I thought you’d like to see them.

Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

3. Kevin
    Kevin says:

Great stuff CAS!

I see your order for the cabs. You were the first one! I didn’t even know it was you until I saw your comment because we only know you as “CAS”.

Please email me and let me know what you think when you receive them. We’re always eager to get feedback, but especially when it has to do with a brand new product line.

4. Perlemamma
    Perlemamma says:

This is great, LB team!! I’ll be ordering cabs soon:-)
    I make rings and other stuff in sterling silver, like the one in the picture attached, and need more cabs. Do you think there will be even more cabs, like amethyst or other gemstones?
    By the way, I made a simple retro necklace from the rainbow soocho jade graduated rondelles I received yesterday and I just want to eat them up…
    (CAS, I like your piece with the lava stone beads…)

Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

Will do Kevin!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
    I shrieked with joy when I saw! Beautiful, well priced, yayyyyy!

7. D Coller
    D Coller says:

is the rutilated thats in the pix at the top going to be online I love to wirewrap and am loving how the brown lines go in it…. drooling on the keyboard again!

8. Kevin
    Kevin says:

D Coller- Uh oh.. Everyone is asking about that particular cab. I’ve answered at least 10 emails already.

Most of the cabs look more silver, like the actual product photo. You can see that some of them have more gold, but we wanted to make sure to set expectations properly with our photos. The majority of those cabs have more of a silver tone to them.

That photo of the gold one was taken a few months ago when we first received the samples. We used it for a magazine ad that comes out next month. The art for the ads has to be turned in 2-3 months before the magazine actually comes out, so we had to photograph the samples. Those samples, with lots of gold, have mysteriously made their way out of the office (Ali!) and when we got the actual shipment in, the rutile had more of a silver tone. They are still awesome, but I can tell that everyone wishes they were more golden :(

We’ll see what we can do…

9. LoriEllen
    LoriEllen says:

Yay!!!!!!!

I don’t know why I’m so excited, I don’t have any money right now, hahaha.

I’m excited anyways, weeeeee!!!!

10. Kevin
    Kevin says:

Tab-
    That’s what $100 Gift Certificates are for!

11. LoriEllen
    LoriEllen says:

I know. :9 I made my guess and I’m too paranoid to guess again and void that one out, haha.

12. Perlemamma
    Perlemamma says:

This is great, Lima Team! I just ordered some cabs. I would like to make some more rings like the one I’ve attached here. I like working with silver. By the way, I made a retro-like necklace from the graduated soocho jade rondelles I got the other day, I think they are just eatable…

Attachment Attachment

13. Kevin
    Kevin says:

Perlemamma-

Ooh, I like that. I always wondered how those graduated rondelles turned out as necklaces. We sell a ton of them, but I’ve never seen a photo of a completed piece. I also like the way you set up the photo. Nice!

14. Perlemamma
    Perlemamma says:

Oops, I wrote the first comment two days ago, but it didn’t appear on my screen so I thought it never got there (anyone mentioned alzheimer…?)

Perlemamma – Your soocho jade necklace is gorgeous, absolutely good enough to eat. It makes me think of Easter candy. My Nana would adore it.

Thank you for the compliment on my Lava necklace. For any interested, in order to reduce the weight (that much lava rock is HEAVY!) the cream colored beads are vintage Papier Mache. The look without the heaviness, especially for the earrings.

I can’t wait to receive the cabs I ordered, and see what everyone else does with them.

16. Perlemamma
    Perlemamma says:

Thank you, Kevin. They are heavy, but they are so nice that it’s worth a minor backache:-)

17. Perlemamma
    Perlemamma says:

Thanks, CAS:-)
    Are you serious about the papier mache beads, the look shiny?? I thought papier mache would look more like – eh, crumbled paper..?

Perlemamma – The Papier Mache beads have been gently sanded, painted and sealed to give them that glossy look. They are very light, and you can see the paper they were made from if you look inside the hole. I got them online from (forgive me Kevin & Ali) ebay.

19. Kevin
    Kevin says:

note to self: ban CAS from web site.

Please nooooooooo!!!! Forgive me!!!!! You don’t carry vintage (yet!) so I’m forced, forced I tell you, to go elsewhere.

(Humble begging & groveling)

21. Kevin
    Kevin says:

Ha. We would never!

Those beads are actually really cool.

On a related note, if you want to see a cool company selling beads made from paper, check out:

This is an effort that Ali and I really love.

Thanks Kevin, I knew you “would never” really do it. Lol.

I checked out the website you suggested, very, very cool, and certainly a very worthy effort. It’s great to find new sites for unique beads to go with all of your gorgeous beads.

Okay Kevin as promised I’m reporting on the cabs.

I got them today (Monday), and they are GORRRRGEOUSSSS!!!!! SPECTACULAR!!!! AWESOME!!!! I like them, as you may imagine, lol. The Blue Pearl is especially lovely, lots of “flashing” going on.

I’ll have to wait to play around with them, though, as I’m going out of town for the holiday tomorrow morning. I’m going to miss the “Lunch Special”, arrrggghhh.

24. beadaholchick
    beadaholchick says:

Kevin-What a fantastic Christmas gift to give, I love the beadforlife idea & know some of my “beady” friends will really appreciate knowing that it is such a good cause.
    Perfect for the season & our troubled times-thanks!! :>

25. Perlemamma
    Perlemamma says:

Got my first cabs from you today – they are gorgeous. I’m really pleased with them and look forward to put them into some of my silverwork:-)

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”