10 Random FactsPosted by Kevin on February 23 at 11:31 pm
If you participate in any of the internet social networks, you’ve no doubt see everyone makings lists of random facts about themselves lately . The fun thing about these random facts is that these are usually things about yourself that your co-workers and friends wouldn’t even know. In my case, I had forgotten about most of these things until I actually started to think of random facts about myself. We thought this was fun, so below, you’ll find 10 random things about all of the Lima Team Leaders. Add your 10 random facts in the comments!
- My first job was “Kevin’s Lawn Service” when I was 10.
- In the 7th grade, I trained all summer for a US/Canada swim meet and then broke my arm on the monkey bars the week before the meet.
- I love Karate Kid and Back to The Future. A lot.
- I tried to break up with Ali in high school and she wouldn’t let me. Thank God. I was such an idiot.
- My favorite sport to play is hockey, but I don’t skate very well.
- When I was 9 I lost my wallet with $2 in it. I was devastated for weeks.
- On my very first day as a lifeguard when I was 15, I almost drowned saving someone.
- I know all there is to know about both grandfather and cuckoo clocks.
- When I was little, I built an alarm for my closet out of string, wire, tape, a Sony walkman, tin foil, and some old speakers.
- I had to write an interview paper in college, but I didn’t have time to interview someone, so I made up a fictional person. I got an A.
- I am the oldest of 3 P.K.s
- I love Van Morrison.
- I am a sucker for Nicolas Sparks and Richard Paul Evans novels.
- I changed majors in college 4 times yet still managed to graduate with an B.S. in Architecture in 4 years.
- I sang a solo in front of our whole church on Palm Sunday when I was in 7th grade
- I love sports yet hate to workout.
- I was a lifeguard in college
- I like “old man” drinks
- On family vacations to the beach in Florida I ran around topless all day long – get your heads out of the gutter, I was like a year old
- Kevin and I dated for 9 years before we married.
- My first pet was a turtle named Boxatello
- I didn’t start drinking coffee until I worked with the Lima team.
- I started a company in high school called Trivex Software and sold programs for keeping a diary & writing music. I made $35.
- I like baking desserts with my girlfriend Shannon.
- When I was 13, I took a train across the country from Michigan to Denver. It was a long ride.
- I won a racquetball tournament when I was 7.
- I don’t have a Facebook.
- One time in college, I fell asleep during a Beck concert. It was loud, but I was very tired.
- I have one brother, Paul, who is a rock star and way cooler than I am.
- The picture of me that you see on this web site was taken when I was standing on the football field at Michigan Stadium.
- I’m the King of Garage Sale treasures.
- I have a birthmark on my forehead that’s only visible when I’m embarrased or angry.
- I had 4 jobs before I was 18 and 2 at the same time.
- When I was in 6th grade my family had pet ducks. We lived in a subdivision.
- My team finished 6th at the Junior Putt-Putt Championships in Fayetteville, NC.
- I haven’t drawn anything since I left art school.
- My first car was a 1996 Chrysler Cirrus.
- My favorite movie is “The Sting” with Paul Newman and Robert Redford.
- I don’t have a favorite color.
- I have 32 cousins, but only one sister.
- My favorite foods are “one-dish” type things like pizza, sandwiches, lasagna, etc., where everything is mixed together.
- I really want to adopt bird-watching as a hobby. It’s probably the closest I’ll ever get to being an ornithologist.
- I have always loved climbing trees, but getting back down makes me really nervous.
- When I was little, I thought I was a unicorn. (I still have a very overactive imagination!)
- I was a cheerleader in High School.
- I have horrible fear of snakes, water creatures and small spaces.
- Lately, I can’t get enough Lavender Earl Grey tea with milk and honey.
- I spent a summer semester in Florence, Italy and have dreamed about moving there permanently ever since.
- I hope to own my own restaurant someday.
- I really enjoy gardening and growing my own vegetables.
- I’ve been to Europe three times but never to Mexico or even New York.
- I never learned how to ice skate, rollerskate, ski or anything else fun, really.
- I’m terrified of dragonflies and swimming in water where I can’t see the bottom.
- I know an unhealthy amount about astrology and therefore could tell you a lot about yourself!
- When I was young I used to love pushing those miniature grocery carts around the store until one day I hit a mega-sized jar of pickles and made a huge mess. I never got to use a mini cart again.
- As of late, I can’t stop eating packaged pumpkin seeds in the shell. I’m sure they’re not that healthy for me.
- I love to cook sweets for my friends but absolutely am not allowed to have more than a small amount of anything I make. Therefore I’m always torn about what exactly to do. Make them something delicious that I can’t partake in, or something I’d never want to eat so I don’t want any? Tough decisions.
- I’m a total hermit and if I don’t have to, I really won’t leave the house for days. Interestingly enough, I do love to travel and be out of my element as long as it’s far enough away from home.
- My parents never married and are still happily together after 35 years.
- I had to have speech therapy because I couldn’t say the letter “R” and still lapse back into it pretty often… it was really embarrassing as a child! I told everyone my name was Wiki.
Tell us 10 random things about yourself in the comments!