10 Random Facts

Posted by Kevin on February 23 at 11:31 pm

If you participate in any of the internet social networks, you’ve no doubt see everyone makings lists of random facts about themselves lately . The fun thing about these random facts is that these are usually things about yourself that your co-workers and friends wouldn’t even know. In my case, I had forgotten about most of these things until I actually started to think of random facts about myself. We thought this was fun, so below, you’ll find 10 random things about all of the Lima Team Leaders. Add your 10 random facts in the comments!

Kevin

1. My first job was “Kevin’s Lawn Service” when I was 10.
  2. In the 7th grade, I trained all summer for a US/Canada swim meet and then broke my arm on the monkey bars the week before the meet.
  3. I love Karate Kid and Back to The Future. A lot.
  4. I tried to break up with Ali in high school and she wouldn’t let me. Thank God. I was such an idiot.
  5. My favorite sport to play is hockey, but I don’t skate very well.
  6. When I was 9 I lost my wallet with $2 in it. I was devastated for weeks.
  7. On my very first day as a lifeguard when I was 15, I almost drowned saving someone.
  8. I know all there is to know about both grandfather and cuckoo clocks.
  9. When I was little, I built an alarm for my closet out of string, wire, tape, a Sony walkman, tin foil, and some old speakers.
  10. I had to write an interview paper in college, but I didn’t have time to interview someone, so I made up a fictional person. I got an A.

Ali

1. I am the oldest of 3 P.K.s
  2. I love Van Morrison.
  3. I am a sucker for Nicolas Sparks and Richard Paul Evans novels.
  4. I changed majors in college 4 times yet still managed to graduate with an B.S. in Architecture in 4 years.
  5. I sang a solo in front of our whole church on Palm Sunday when I was in 7th grade
  6. I love sports yet hate to workout.
  7. I was a lifeguard in college
  8. I like “old man” drinks
  9. On family vacations to the beach in Florida I ran around topless all day long – get your heads out of the gutter, I was like a year old :-)
  10. Kevin and I dated for 9 years before we married.

Steve

1. My first pet was a turtle named Boxatello
  2. I didn’t start drinking coffee until I worked with the Lima team.
  3. I started a company in high school called Trivex Software and sold programs for keeping a diary & writing music. I made $35.
  4. I like baking desserts with my girlfriend Shannon.
  5. When I was 13, I took a train across the country from Michigan to Denver. It was a long ride.
  6. I won a racquetball tournament when I was 7.
  7. I don’t have a Facebook.
  8. One time in college, I fell asleep during a Beck concert. It was loud, but I was very tired.
  9. I have one brother, Paul, who is a rock star and way cooler than I am.
  10. The picture of me that you see on this web site was taken when I was standing on the football field at Michigan Stadium.

Matt

1. I’m the King of Garage Sale treasures.
  2. I have a birthmark on my forehead that’s only visible when I’m embarrased or angry.
  3. I had 4 jobs before I was 18 and 2 at the same time.
  4. When I was in 6th grade my family had pet ducks. We lived in a subdivision.
  5. My team finished 6th at the Junior Putt-Putt Championships in Fayetteville, NC.
  6. I haven’t drawn anything since I left art school.
  7. My first car was a 1996 Chrysler Cirrus.
  8. My favorite movie is “The Sting” with Paul Newman and Robert Redford.
  9. I don’t have a favorite color.
  10. I have 32 cousins, but only one sister.

Rachel

1. My favorite foods are “one-dish” type things like pizza, sandwiches, lasagna, etc.,  where everything is mixed together.
  2. I really want to adopt bird-watching as a hobby.  It’s probably the closest I’ll ever get to being an ornithologist.
  3. I have always loved climbing trees, but getting back down makes me really nervous.
  4. When I was little, I thought I was a unicorn.  (I still have a very overactive imagination!)
  5. I was a cheerleader in High School.
  6. I have horrible fear of snakes, water creatures and small spaces.
  7. Lately, I can’t get enough Lavender Earl Grey tea with milk and honey.
  8. I spent a summer semester in Florence, Italy and have dreamed about moving there permanently ever since.
  9. I hope to own my own restaurant someday.
  10. I really enjoy gardening and growing my own vegetables.

Riki

1. I’ve been to Europe three times but never to Mexico or even New York.
  2. I never learned how to ice skate, rollerskate, ski or anything else fun, really.
  3. I’m terrified of dragonflies and swimming in water where I can’t see the bottom.
  4. I know an unhealthy amount about astrology and therefore could tell you a lot about yourself!
  5. When I was young I used to love pushing those miniature grocery carts around the store until one day I hit a mega-sized jar of pickles and made a huge mess. I never got to use a mini cart again.
  6. As of late, I can’t stop eating packaged pumpkin seeds in the shell. I’m sure they’re not that healthy for me.
  7. I love to cook sweets for my friends but absolutely am not allowed to have more than a small amount of anything I make. Therefore I’m always torn about what exactly to do. Make them something delicious that I can’t partake in, or something I’d never want to eat so I don’t want any? Tough decisions.
  8. I’m a total hermit and if I don’t have to, I really won’t leave the house for days. Interestingly enough, I do love to travel and be out of my element as long as it’s far enough away from home.
  9. My parents never married and are still happily together after 35 years.
  10. I had to have speech therapy because I couldn’t say the letter “R” and still lapse back into it pretty often… it was really embarrassing as a child! I told everyone my name was Wiki.

Tell us 10 random things about yourself in the comments!

Thanks everyone.

Kevin

1. Anita QoG Funny Chick
    Anita QoG Funny Chick says:

Anita

1.I’ve attended 13 different schools(father was in USAF)
    2.I had 2 pet snakes (garden variety) when I was in the 3rd grade.
    3.Was a major tomboy tell I turned 13.
    4.Carried the 1st fish I caught 2 miles home in a bucket (I was 9 years old) put it my blow-up swimming pool.(it died)
    5. In Texas I was a Prairie-Bell, wore a cow-girl outfit and twirled a baton (12 years old)
    6.We then moved to Okinawa where I became interested in caves & found out I was allergic to the grass that grew around them. (hoboo)
    7.Okinawa was where I became addicted to beads (seed) They were very cheap! I had a loom And made belts.
    8.Used to sneak to the bull-fights (bulls fought each other)never died.
    9.Amherst Wi.,Cheerleader, Majorette
    first job waitress. Senior year 2 jobs waitress & bartender (drinking age 18 & I enjoyed it to much)
    10.Married 32 years, 2 kids, son Ryan 30 (was a momma’s boy) daughter Bobbie 27 ( looks like her dad gorgeous) no grandkids yet!!!!

I never learned how to swim, and am terrified of water.

I was on the pompon squad in High School–yet to this day I am extremely shy and introverted.

I have a twin sister that does not look or act like me or enjoy the same interests or childrearing practices.

When I was around 8 our preacher’s wife made my sis and I wear playboy bunny ears and tail and serve at a small gathering….. and my parents thought it was cute!?!

When I was young we had a horse, pigs, ducks, geese, turtles, chickens, quail, dogs, cats and many other pets, but today I do not care to have any (don’t shoot me!).

My family took a vacation every year and we went all across the country, but to this day I am terrified of driving in a big city.

A few years ago I had a business where I sketched young children on a commission basis. Eventhough the parents loved the sketches, and some mothers cried with joy when they received them, I had to quit the business because in my mind they were never perfect. It made me a nervous wreck!

I still like to go trick-or-treating. I’m not sure what I will do when my youngest gets too old to do this.

I’ve always been terrified of bees, though until lately I’ve never been stung. My first ‘sting’ was in my eye–the bugger couldn’t get out of my curved sunglasses. Now I’m even more frightened.

I love gardening, and growing things, but by the end of May my entire garden always dies.

Alice

I had to think overnight about this list:

1. I once got my hand stuck in a typewriter.

2. When I was in 2nd grade a boy tried to kiss me and I punched him…TWICE!

3. I have a black thumb when it comes to indoor plants (I’m okay with the outdoor ones), but I managed to keep an African Violet alive for 8 years.

4. I’m addicted to marshmallow Peeps (the chick shape), but I’ll only ever eat them at Easter time.

5. I’ve hairline fractured my left elbow…TWICE! The second time I drove myself to the hospital because I was on my way there for work anyway.

6. I ran away from home once for a whole half hour.

7. I swallowed a bug once while mowing the lawn, and had a hoarse voice for a month afterward.

8. I’m afraid of snakes, and have a healthy dislike of bugs.

9. I have a collection of cookbooks, the oldest was written in 1906.

10. I love digging for clams, but you couldn’t pay me to eat one, yuck.

1. My family has bunnies, chickens, goats, dog, hamster, guinea pig, & a mouse.
    2. I love almost anything made with potatoes (except sweet potatoes, yuck!)
    3. I have several favorite colors (blue, purple, green, & brown)
    4. I have naturally red hair (is that so random?)
    5. I was soooo afraid of turtles until we found one in the backyard & kept him for a few days. (now I like aquatic turtles, not BIG ones)
    6. I HATE spiders!
    7. I love swimming, but have never tried to dive :(
    8. I absolutely LOVE dogs (and animals altogether)
    9. I’ve been making jewelry (and selling it) for 4 years and I’m still a teenager.
    10. I’m ADDICTED to making Fresh Picks!!!!!

Is that good enough? It took me forever to think of these “10 random facts”

Kevin’s “almost drowned saving someone on his first day of being a lifeguard” was so funny! :)

P.S. No offense Kevin! :)

6. Atomic Toad
    Atomic Toad says:

1. In 6th grade my name was Toad. The music teacher didn’t know my real name and had to ask around at report card time.

2. I play violin. I have tried to play banjo, guitar, and mandolin, but never spent enough time on them.

3. Coconut, olives, avocado, ketchup, oatmeal, and pumpkin are foods I find disgusting.

4. I used to be able to do the splits both ways and put my feet behind my head (long time ago!)

5. I was a lifeguard at MSU.

6. Parrots and cockatoos creep me out.

7. I wish fairies were real.

8. My 15 yr old nephew died in a car accident 2 1/2 years ago; his mother (my little sister) underwent radiation and chemo for breast cancer 1 1/2 years ago (she’s okay now); my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s this past summer and I hope that’s it for awhile.

9. My hair has grown back from shaving my head bald for my sister. I have a really ugly mole on my head that everyone could see when I had no hair.

10. I read all the books my kids (ages 11 and 13) bring home to read themselves. I love children’s literature.

Ooh this is fun! Okay, here goes:

1. My parents never gave me a middle name so I gave myself the middle name Maria in honor of my beautiful grandmother.

2. I am the only left-handed person in my family and so far 2 out of the 3 of my kids took after me.

3. I taught myself to speak fluent Spanish after living with my kids’ father’s family who spoke no English.

4. My husband is 22 years older than me and I wouldn’t have it any other way because it works perfectly.

5. I used to be a bill collector. I HATED it.

6. I love to paint and write but can never seem to find the time to do either.

7. One of my dreams is to buy an RV, travel the country and live like a gypsy.

8. I have an obsession with queens and gypsies (as if no one already noticed!)

9. My favorite holiday is Halloween because I get to live out my fantasies through costumes, if only for one night.

10. I have worn hoop earrings almost every day of my life since I was in the third grade.

It’s fun to read random facts about people. Thanks Lima Beads!!!

Luv2bead, I can’t believe that you are a teenager, you picks are so mature & sophisticated. Can I ask how old you are?

PS. I also love swimming (just being in the water), but can’t dive to save my life.

I’d love to be able to dive, but I’m a little bit too afraid, and also afraid that I’d mess up and embarrass myself. :( My age is at a range of 13-16. Thanks, I recently found the site (maybe a month or two ago) and I’m addicted to making the Fresh Picks. They’ve given me some ideas of what to make. So FUN!

the = this :)

Wow!

13. Cj w aka Slacker Chick
    Cj w aka Slacker Chick says:

1. I’m a Con-Mom to a flock of 9 to 15 Anima fans.
    2. My husband of 19 years and I did’t get along when we first met.
    3. I don’t plan on growing-up.
    4. I am the bug, snake, furry rodent catcher in my house. Everybody else is scared.
    5. I still have boxes packed from when we moved into our house, 17 years ago.
    6. When I’m alone at home I turn rock music up VERY loud and dance and sing.
    7. I love to pick your own fruits and veggies at farms.
    8. I used to drink Vicks 44 cough syrup when I was little because I liked the taste.
    9. I love children. They are so fresh, funny, and interesting to watch and listen to.
    10. I want to be an artist of some type, but I’m scared that I’m not talented enough, so I encourage my kids to be. They are great at being creative.

14. kcdesigns AKA sporty
    kcdesigns AKA sporty says:

oh, this is fun.
    okay…
    1. I have 8 brothers and sisters- I’m the baby girl-need I say more

2. I can blow bubbles off the end of my tongue- its harder than you think and took one whole summer to learn it.

3. Someday I hope to run a 1/2 marathon- I have only gotten to 10 miles

4. I once sat out overnight for tickets to Eric Clapton at SPAC in NY

5. I LOVE the beach but don’t like to swim in the water- I will however snorkel and dive- the salt blinds me

6. i have never had the measles or chickenpoxs

7. I never had watch a hockey game before I met my husband and now it seems that’s all I do- both kids and husband play

8. I never had a job till college where I washed blackboards to help with my tuition- I HATED it.

9.I wanted to be a concert pianist till I was 14

10. Someday I would love to travel the world and see everything!!!

15. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

This was difficult but fun!

1. The summer between 5th & 6th grades, I read 66 books…I love to read!

2. My favorite place ever was my grandfather’s camp on Loon Lake in upstate NY.

3. I met my husband when I was 16 and he was 22. We both worked at an amusement park in Lake George, NY. He was a performer (ventriloquist) and I was a parking lot attendant. I was the one who put bumper stickers on those old metal car bumpers! We’ve been together for almost 38 years and married for 35.

4. Our son was 16 days overdue and was born during the blizzard of ’78.

5. Although my husband gets paid for being funny, I’m the only one who can make him laugh until he falls over.

6. I’m afraid of heights, I’m claustrophobic and I’m not a big of bugs.

7. I have been a volunteer at our local library for 4 1/2 years. Every Tuesday we have a book sale and raise money for programs for children.

8. I love to crochet and learned when I was 18.

9. I met my best friend on my honeymoon in Niagara Falls and we’ve been through everything together…over the long distance.

10. I’m a colon cancer survivor (7 1/2 years) and am grateful for having gone through that time in my life.

16. kcdesigns AKA sporty
    kcdesigns AKA sporty says:

Debbie C- are you still in upstate NY- I grew up in Latham outside of Albany but my Dad is from Glens Falls- My sister lives in Queensbury and both of her kids work at Great Escape- that was storytown to you and me:-) Love Loon Lake!!!

Debbi- do you still live upstate? I’m in Kingston, NY which is about 40 min. north of Poughkeepsie…

18. DragonTrollQueen
    DragonTrollQueen says:

This is a riot!
    1. My first stuffed animal was a dragon and I named him Custard!
    2. I had the biggest scare of my life at 8 when I was almost struck by lightening in a state forest!
    3. I LOVE to garden!
    4. I used to read Tarot cards, but quit when I was asked to leave my brother’s house- he thought they were evil!
    5. I didn’t learn to drive until I was 22!
    6. I worked in a bowling alley and played 3 games everyday…it was one of the perks!
    7. I was on a ten pin and a candlepin bowling league at the same time!
    8. My favorite number is 8!
    9. I used to have a gold mouse with and pink eyes named Algernon, who when you stroked his nose, would absolutely be still…even his nose stopped twitching!
    10. I have b/g twins!

Lorain N says:

1. I smack my lips in my sleep. (it means I’m thirsty)

2. I WILL NOT eat or drink anything orange…I will gag. If anyone wants orange juice in my house they have to be sure it is in an opaque container so I don’t even have to SEE it if I open the fridge. Yuck!

3. I really dislike bees, but I loooove honey…none of that infused stuff with random strange flavors mixed in…just the pure and simple.

4. When I change the toilet paper roll, the print has to be rolling over, not under. If I go to someone’s house and their toilet paper is on wrong, I WILL CHANGE IT!!!

5. When I’m cleaning my house I talk to myself …seriously… probably just to sort out all the curve balls I’ve been thrown during the week … but of course always with the door locked and windows shut…hehe. :) you never know…

6. I was the only 5th grader in my school to still believe in Santa Clause. My little heart was broken when my mom finally broke the news to me…

7. I am not the least bit upset by nightmares. I think it’s good to “get it all out” however it manifests itself.

8. I don’t like children or babies. You often hear women talk about how they just love the smell of babies. Huh? I don’t get it. I just think they stink!

9. I like animals a whole lot better then I like most people.

10. I have a strange bone disorder in my left wrist called Kienbocks Disease. I’m in the “freak book” at UCLA medical center.

Mirjam E says:

I had so much fun reading all of your lists! There were quite a few recognisable random facts. Here are my 10:

1. My name is orange (sorry about that Lorain N). Actually, all letters and words have colours to me. It’s weird but I can’t help it and the colours have been the same all my life.

2. My boyfriend bought me a food processor for my birthday but was afraid to give it to me. He said ‘I’m sorry that we’ve been together just 4 years and already I’m giving you kitchen appliances for your birthday’. But I loved it.

3. Connemara in Ireland is the most beautiful place I know.

4. I just love sheep. They look so relaxed and happy.

5. I love puffins too. I actually want to plan my holidays around places and times I’ll be able to see them.

6. Pink tourmaline makes me drool.

7. I was 12 when I decided that I wanted to go to arts school. My parents did not agree.

8. I was 30 and working as a secretary when I decided my parents might have been right.

9. When I first read one of Chaim Potok’s books about ten years ago, I kept crying all through the book. At one point I decided to put it aside for a while because it was exhausting.

10. I love designing jewelry, but am not too keen on the work involved such as the stringing etc.

21. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

kcdesigns and Cuban Queen: I live in Western Massachusetts now but I grew up in South Glens Falls, NY…mom is still there. My sister lives on Glen Lake right behind Great Escape (it will ALWAYS be Storytown to me!)
    We lived in Watervliet when we first married. Small world! kcdesigns..I LOVE the Vanilla Bean Bakery on the circle!

POF Chick Nina says:

1. We celebrated out 50th wedding anniversary in 2007.

2. I worked at the same place for 30 yrs. retired in 2001.

3. My Grandparents opened a night club in our town in 1946.

4. I am the oldest of three girls.

5. We have 4 daughters. Now they are married and have given us some boys in the family.

6. Our Grandchildren number 10. 4 boys and 6 girls and 1 Great Granddaughter.

7. Not too much to tell about myself of interest. Only thing I can think of that is strange is that I can read upside down. (not me the paper etc.)I know you figured that is what I meant!

8.I spend a lot of time on my computer.
    9. I have 6 inside cats and 1 dog.

10.My name Shunkwoman, is what my husband calls me when I am upset with him. We live down the road from a little place that used to be a mail stop many years ago, Shunk. There is also a legend that a ghost on a white horse rides through the woods in Shunk. He is supposed to be guarding a buried treasure. That’s all folks!

Joelle U says:

Ooh I like these, let’s see…

1) I own a lepard gecko, 2 rats and am planning on getting a white’s tree frog and a rainbow boa. We like reptiles in my house.

2) I have an arch shape on my right cheek made of moles. It runs from my nose to my jaw. I only noticed it 2 years ago and I’m 27 now! Not very observant me.

3) I used to do a sponsored swin every year for the Lions club charity.

4) The same charity used to have a float go round my town at christmas with Santa and his sleigh. They gave away purple boiled sweets that tasted ace!

5) I’m not planning on having children. Many people seem very puzzled by this and insist on telling me I will change my mind which I find moderatly annoying.

6) In Primary school one of my frined challenged me to see who could read the most books in a week. I won with a total of 14. I love reading!

7) I just bought a book on braiding techniques and can’t wait to try them out with beads.

8 ) I had to have my 2 toes next to my big toe strapped apart for 6 months as a bend them round each other when I went over a wall learning to ride my bike. They still curve towards each other.

9) I love highlighter pens. I have no idea why but I love colourcoding things.

10) I love organising thigs. Filing, sorting my beads into boxes, you name it. Yet I am one of the untidiest people I know.

24. Shanti P
    Shanti P says:

1. I have a tattoo.
    2. I had my first (and only) child at age 40.

25. Shanti P
    Shanti P says:

3. I’ve traveled extensively throughout Europe. On my first trip, I blew all my spending money the first day on a ROLEX!
    4. I’ve never been to a gym.
    5. I’ve never done drugs.
    6. I’m a beach babe, but cannot swim a lick.
    7. I’m a self taught beader – I have two stores that carry my jewelry, plus a ‘cult’ following.
    8. I pursued my husband – he gave up and married me. He’s 8 1/2 years younger!
    9. I’m also not a ‘kid’ person. I am very nice though.
    10. I love rock n’ roll/heavy metal music!

26. kcdesigns AKA sporty
    kcdesigns AKA sporty says:

Debbi C- where in western Mass are you- my brother in law lives in North Adams- MASSMOCA- they are artists and have a store and work at MM. anyway, watervielt- thats funny- just down the hill- past the old KMart-people who have never driven around Latham circle are missing an experience of a lifetime!!!!

27. L Bergstrom
    L Bergstrom says:

I drank Mogen David (sp?) wine when I was 3 and got drunk, but I thought it was grape juice.

I have moved 17 times and am about to move again.

I never had a dog when I was a kid, so now I am a dog ‘addict’, but sadly, only have one.

I was a loner as a kid, a teen, an am still one as an adult.

I was only spanked once in my life, for whipping my sister with a jump rope.

I hate Harry Potter.

I hate short hair, and my hair is short.

I am a published writer, but no longer write.

I am a painter who has had very big shows,and many sales, but no longer paint.

For many years we (me and my kids) found teeny tiny monarch caterpillars and raised them in a huge aquarium…then released them when they became butterfly’s. To date, we have raised over 2,500.

28. L Bergstrom
    L Bergstrom says:

OMG am I a boring person or what? geez. uff da.

29. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

kcdesigns (is is Cathy?) I live in Chicopee which is right near Springfield. I remember that old KMart! And you are right, that Latham circle is a driving experience! So is the Latham Diner…my husband loves the eclairs there!

Hey Debbi C! I drove past Chicopee today on my way back to NH from CT.

31. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

Was that you honking? I was yelling hi to you! Christine, I can’t tell you how I would have LOVED it if we could have met! Maybe another time?!

32. clemcat28
    clemcat28 says:

Alright, here’s my 10:

1. The sight of barnacles give me the willies.

2. I have a thing for hands and feet.

3. I had my 1st celebrity crush when I was 7 or 8 and it was on Christopher Plummer as Capt. Von Trapp in the “Sound of Music.”

4. I love all things fast! Race cars, fighter jets and would fly/drive one in a heartbeat!

5. My fave band is New Order and am in love with Peter Hook.

6. To this very day, I do not know how to ride a bike and I’m in my late 20′s.

7. I caught a BAD

33. clemcat28
    clemcat28 says:

7. continued… I caught a BAD case of head lice when I was in 3rd grade and had to have all my waist length hair cut to sad little buzz cut :(

8. The smell of apple cider vinegar makes me gag.

9. NO matter how many times or varities I try, I will never like beer.

10. I love all colors equally, but tend to gravitate to rich, saturated greens and blues.

these lists of “10 random facts” are so much fun!

1. kermit the frog is still my favorite muppet! :)

2. when my family lived in Taiwan during the late 1960s our family had a goose and turkey as pets; our landlord gave them to us as a welcoming gift, but we couldn’t have them for dinner!

3. I love reading regency romances with good stories and character development – Carla Kelly is my FAVORITE author cuz all her heroines and heroes are not “conventional” spoiled aristocrats!

4. I love cats, especially calico and tortoiseshell ones due to their beautiful colors and patterns!

5. I don’t care for beansprouts or water chestnuts (and my family is Chinese :)

6. I don’t use a ricecooker to make rice, just a plain ole’ pot!

7. some places that I would like to travel to include Italy, Ireland, and Scotland.

8. although I grew up in Hawaii I DONT know how to surf! :)

9. as a kid I loved cheezit crackers, peanut butter nutter butter cookies and sweet tarts candies!

10. although all beads fascinate me, I especially love semiprecious gemstone beads with fascinating patterns/colors such as blue lace agate, crazy lace agate, rhodocrosite and rainbow fluorite!

Clementina B,

I sure can relate to your #3, I too adored Christopher Plummer as Captain Von Trapp in “Sound of Music”, esp. when he sang “Edelweiss”!

Joyce

Debbi C – I’m sorry we couldn’t meet this time, we were racing the storm north (not that we’ve had any precipitation yet). You and I and Cathy (kcdesigns) should get together some weekend, she’s up in South Burlington, VT, I’m in Hanover, NH and you’re in Chicopee, MA, oh, and Ivy (Cuban Queen) is in Kingston, NY. We should figure out what’s equidistant for us all and meet there.

Kathleen E says:

Kevin — regarding #3 — I was born on the day *Back to the Future* takes place in 1955, November 6.

38. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

Yes, I understand wanting to beat the storm. We are supposed to get 12″ here in Western MA. Glad you are safe back in Hanover.
    Wouldn’t that be fun if we could all get together! I’d be in!

Matts Mom says:

10 random facts:
    1. I am Matt’s (lima bead guy) mom.
    2. I love my job! I am nanny to Payton (Kevin and Ali’s little girl). Payton is very sweet!
    3.Yes we did have ducks when Matt was little but we live on a pond.(in a subdivision)
    4. I stayed with my family at the Marriott Hotel in the World Trade Center in NYC 2 months before the attacks.
    5. I spent 3 weeks after 9/11 in NYC as a Red Cross Volunteer.
    6. I love babies and kids more then most adults….
    7. I love to garden, take pictures and scrapbook.
    8. I have a dog named Sophie she is a schnorkie and she is very cute!
    9. I have 7 siblings we are spread out in 3 different states.
    10. I don’t like strawberries but I make a really good strawberry jam. (I have been told)

A Moss says:

1. I was born on a military base in Germany.

2. I have 3 (and 3/4) college degrees.

3. I’ve never owned a dog.

4. I raise sheep.

5. I haven’t cut my hair in 25 years.

6. I’m 6 feet tall.

7. I’m afraid of heights (including stairs).

8. I’ve never been married.

9. I used to work in a prison.

10. I’m a vegetarian.

41. Connie B
    Connie B says:

This has been so much fun!

1) I have an inexhaustible curiosity to the point that books are taking over my house. An artistic slant where craft supplies & crystals & gemstones are not far behind. And a hundred ideas in my head that jump out of nowhere.

2) I love tadpoles. When i was little i lived in a rainy area & would lay in the middle of the street by the potholes with puddles to watch the tadpoles swim. (no, my mom didn’t know)

3) When I was 7 & we were driving back home from vacation I reached for the wrong “handle” on the car door & flew out of the car on a busy 2 lane (one way) highway. A man came out of nowhere to help. (What an angel he seemed to little me.) Lucky for me we were in traffic and it was moving “slowly”.

4) (Sorry Matt, no garage sale stuff here!) I still have the “sculpture” the dentist made of my 6 year old teeth. And the “Giggly Doll” who has chopped off hair. (Note: My 5 year old twin sister was horrified on xmas day when I promptly decided she needed a haircut…..the “doll” that is. Yes, my sister worried for years I would chop off her hair.)

5) I was grading papers & “teaching” my 2 siblings before I entered first grade. (Yes, somehow I convinced them they would enjoy it and that I knew exactly what I was doing.) (I really should consider a career in sales or teaching!)

6) My grandma laughed for years over my idea of helping my overheated car by attempting to take a glass of water out to it. Yes, she stopped me in between laughing. I was a teenager, cut me some slack! (My boyfriends worried & drooled over that bronze Camaro that I thought was just thirsty & just a car with a payment to deal with each month!)

7) I have fought it for years but admit to being a closet night owl. My best ideas pop up in the middle of the night. My pet kitties think I am normal.

8) My 21 year old son’s friends enjoy “lively” conversations with me. Sometimes this annoys my son, but he admits to it too. Although he thinks I am just an eccentric double aquarius with too many “weird” ideas. Okay, so he’s the mature type and his mom is not…..

9) All of my friends & family have always envied the way my wonderful husband spoils me rotten!

10) My dream is to start a Carob Tree farm & replace chocolate with a “survival” food. Or maybe Neem trees…okay, so I’m a “tree hugger, flower child, crazy, double aquarian”—according to both of my sons & my NON-aquarius acting twin. Now, I am going to go type up some more “fun” facts about me because my youngest son doesn’t want me to stop this……and “convince” the rest of the family that everyone needs to do one of these! You’ve outdone yourselves again Lima Team!

42. kcdesigns AKA sporty
    kcdesigns AKA sporty says:

Debbie and Christine- that would be fun- we could get Ivy in it too like you said- we could have our own little bead retreat. Debbie- I know where Chicopee is as well- isn’t that where the MALL is- when I worked for American Eagle I trained managers and openned stores so I believe I have been there many of time to help out. If it isn’t in Chicopee I know it is close and I just know the name. Anyway, we should try to work it out. Maybe in the summer- I am always busy during the school year with the kids being so active with sports and school.
    talk soon

Cathy, Debbi & Ivy – I was thinking that somewhere in southern Vermont or Western Mass would be equidistant for all of us. Of course we should check for local bead shops, just in case…lol. I’m very flexable time wise right now so after the school year works for me.

44. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

Christine, Ivy & Cathy – I’m flexible too but summer might be best for all. Cathy, I bet you are thinking of the Holyoke mall. You are absolutely right…Chicopee and Holyoke are right next door to each other! It’s the only mall around and people travel quite a distance to shop there.

45. kcdesigns AKA sporty
    kcdesigns AKA sporty says:

yes the holyoke mall- thats it- couldnt think of the name- isn’t there a big Target there- we don’t have Target and though I am not a huge fan I do love to go there and usually find something I don’t need.

Okay Summer it is. We should find out if there are others that are close- I have a friend that has a place in Statton VT- maybe we could use it- that is a good central place.

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

kcdesigns – I remember storytown! We went there on a family vacation when I was a kid! Also the North Pole!

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

I’m a little late on this blog, but it’s been fun reading everyone’s comments.

1. My mother said my husband was all wrong for me and it would never last…here we still are after almost 28 years.

2. I loved to bead in college. There was a great little store in downtown Oneonta. Picked up the passion again about a year or so ago.

3. I have 1 child. My daughter is a high-school senior. I will miss her terribly when she goes to school.

4. I’ve always live on Long Island.

5. We spent summers in the Hamptons. (in a very modest cottage). My mom grew up out here.

6. Love the beach!

7. My family got scuba certified last year. But I hyperventilate every time I go under. Apparently I’m a control freak and I don’t feel in control.

8. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was in junior high.

9. I’m addicted to buying beads and hate the fact that my purchases show up on the credit card bill!

10. I teach first grade.

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

Kevin – If you’re ever in the Hampton’s you’ll have to take a look at my broken grandfather clock.

Matt – both of my grandfather clocks were purchased at yard sales! We have great ones out here!

Dee Dee Short Chick says:

1.I was born in Anniston, Alabama.
    2.I was adopted when I was almost 6
    by the most wonderful parents in
    the whole world.
    3. I have always had a penchant
    toward artistic & creative stuff.
    4. Met my husband when he came to visit the parents of the young man I was engaged to, who had died in an auto accident. They had been in the Marines together.
    5. Have been married for 42 wonderful years, have two amazing children & 3 unbelieveable grangirls.
    6. Was part owner of a birthday party service in New Orleans & dressed as a “Good Fairy” & entertained children of all ages.
    7. Have owned my own business & taught art & craft classes to everyone from 3 ys. old to senior citizens. Loved evry minute of it.
    8. Have two of the bestest friend, and we now have our own business(bet you can’t guess what it involves!!)
    9. I also love to do pottery, ceramics & sew & paint.
    10. My husband retires in a couple of days & am looking forward to spending more time with him. He teases me about the “Honey Do” list I have for him.

Starsparkle Spiral Chick says:

Ok, I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone elses so here’s mine!

1. Although I have a very ordinary English surname (Smith) I have French, Cornish, Welsh & Polish ancestors.
    2.I vow that my next cat will be called Noodle ~ no sensible names for me!
    3.My favourite colour is purple.
    4.I accidently stuck a compass in the end of my thumb when I was at school. The black dot is still there 31 years later.
    5.I love the sound of crickets ~ it reminds me of living in Toronto when I was younger.
    6. I always said I would have my first cat stuffed when she died (!) She lived til she was 17 & I changed my mind!
    7.When I doodle I always draw flowers, arrows & spirals.
    8. Deep,dark water gives me the willies.
    9.After I’d seen Jaws at the cinema getting in the bath made me nervous. I was 13 I think!
    10. I really hate having the “big” light on & much prefer lamps. I once told an ex-boyfriend who always wanted the main light on in the living room that it gave me migraines so I HAD to have lamps on. I’ve never suffered from a migraine in my life (he he!)

Here goes…
    1 ~ I cut my own hair…short.
    2 ~ I have belly danced for about 35 years..on and off.
    3 ~ I am a seamstress and make items for other belly dancers.
    4 ~ I am the only girl of a family of five.
    5 ~ I am the youngest in my family.
    6 ~ My husband and I LOVE dogs!
    7 ~ I used to be a member of the Saskatchewan Rythym Cloggers (quite a switch from Belly Dancing!)
    8 ~ My husband and I have been married for 36 years…although we might be divorced after the Easter Egg Hunt….hahahah!
    9 ~ I work in a kitchen and cook for about 50 people every day.
    10 ~ I went to a rural one-room school house for grades 1 and 2.

Sarah aka iamhydrogen says:

I’m a little late to this discussion (came upon it while looking for EGGS!) but it’s fun, so here goes:

1. I love plants & gardening. My favorite types of plants are cacti and succulents.
    2. My husband and I dated for 7 years before we were married. He’s my best friend. :)
    3. I love taxidermy, and collect animal skulls, skeletons and horns.
    4. I have a strange, irrational fear of belly-buttons (even my own!)
    5. My favorite state is Wyoming. (the land, the colors, the desolation)
    6. I’m a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan.
    7. My husband and I love to make cocktails, and have the largest home bar of anyone I’ve known. My favorite thing to drink is tequila (made from a succulent, of course!) The oddest thing we have on our shelves is an Italian liqueur called Cynar, which is made from artichokes.
    8. I love visiting National Parks, and would like to see them all in my lifetime. My favorites are the Badlands and Crater Lake. (i have a Crater Lake fresh pick)
    9. I love the beach, love to swim in the ocean. Whenever I go in the ocean, someone usually has to force me out! Being in the ocean is extremely calming and “centering” for me. I’ve been out more than 500 feet from shore, and even swam during a lightning storm.
    10. My husband and I are huge fans of the band Phish, and have followed them on tour around the country.

Like iamhydrogen, I didn’t know about this site before the egg hunt.Here goes:
    1. I am 3rd of 4 children, and my only sister is my very best friend.
    2. I was born in Wyoming, but have lived in Texas practically forever.
    3. I love dogs, but my husband does not want another after our last (she was family and lived @17 years). Our last 3 pets have been cats, which we both enjoy.
    4.Our current cat is named “Belle”, (aka “Princess Belle, My Little Kitty”).According to our 6 year old grandaughter, Belle’s super power is climbing trees.
    5.My kids are grown now, and we have only the one grandchild.
    6.I love painting and beading.
    7. Sometimes when I am beading, I start wanting to paint, and vice versa. I do love painting watercolor florals and landscapes.
    8. I got my sister hooked on beading, and she got me into oil painting. Her husband calls us “partners in crime”.
    9.I don’t like to keep up with how much my hobbies really cost. I consider it the cost of sanity. :-)
    10. I really treasure the new friends I have made through beading!

• diamonddustshoediamonddustshoe said »
    “I need to teach assertiveness training to the little slips with my …”
  • Y BuonamiciY Buonamici said »
    “Thank you for the great egg hunt! This is my second …”
  • Beadzilla aka WandaBeadzilla aka Wanda said »
    “Thank you so much for the fun Easter egg hunt! I just …”
  • Drema CDrema C said »
    “thanks i had fun when is the next contest …”