Favorite Fresh Picks – Feb. 11, 2009Posted by Ali on February 11 at 03:45 pm
Lots of green this time! Check out the top 10 most visited Fresh Picks from the past 2 weeks below. We’ve added the number of comments for each Fresh Pick to the list. Click on them to check out the conversation! Also, don’t forget to vote for your favorite.
These are the most visited Fresh Picks from the past 2 weeks:
- Sea Spray by kcdesigns (8 comments)
- Archipelago by Jennifer A (23 comments)
- Fresh Kiwi by Luv2bead (4 comments)
- Go Green! By Bella Claire (4 comments)
- Lotus by Sara (5 comments)
- Lime Time by A Golke (2 comments)
- A Whir of Dragonfly Wings by CAS (1 comment)
- Imbolc by Cuban Queen (3 comments)
- Take me to Aruba by Anna C (0 comments)
- Down By the Sea by JewelsbyJill (4 comments)
Sea Spray by kcdesigns – I love how you chose to mix up the pattern, transparency, and shape/size of stones rather than the color. Our green fluorite and variscite are 2 of my favs for spring. They remind me of a vacation at the beach, which is probably why everyone is so drawn to this pick. The Vintaj pieces that you chose are the perfect complement for this combination. I think if I were to make a necklace or bracelet with this fresh pick I would need to add some biwa pearls for “spray”.
Archipelago by Jennifer A - This makes me think of a storm while out to sea. The blues and browns you combined, they make for a great deep-sea effect. I could just eat the chrysocolla diamond. The pink chocolate pearls really make the brass and copper work well together.
Fresh Kiwi by Luv2bead - Great shades of green. This is exactly what I see when I slice a kiwi. Why are kiwis so small? I could probably eat one in like 4 bites (minus the fuzzy skin). I love the cz onyx “seeds” – bicones 4mm & 6mm. They give just the right amount of sparkle.