How Many Strands in the Bin?Posted by Matt on February 26 at 12:38 pm
If you guess how many strands are in the bin, we’ll give you a $25 Lima Beads Gift Certificate and a cool rock! Ok, I know a rock doesn’t sound very cool, so I’m going to call it the “Crystal Cavern Geode”. Check out the photo in the prizes section below.
The rules are simple:
- You have until 2pm EST on Monday, March 2, 2009 to make your guess(es).
- Guesses can only be submitted in the comments of this post.
- The winner will be the closest guess (without going over).
- If there’s a tie, the earliest entry will be the winner.
- You can guess up to once per day. At the end of the contest, only your most recent guess will be considered.
- If someone guesses the exact amount, we will announce it immediately. That person will automatically be the winner and the contest will end.
The winner will receive a Lima Beads $25 gift certificate and the crystal cavern geode to the left. The gift certificate can be used for absolutely anything in the Lima Beads shop and must be redeemed within 1 year. The winner will also be announced on the blog, so the whole beading world will know how incredibly awesome you are!
To make things interesting, the second and third closest guesses at the end of the contest will be rewarded as well. The second place prize is a $15 gift certificate and a carved poppy jasper fish. Third place receives a carved red jasper owl. So hurry and start guessing, but remember — you only get 1 guess per day!
We’ll be giving you a new hint every day. These hints won’t be free, it may take a little bit of research to get the numbers Here are a couple of hints to get you started:
- 2/26 – The volume of the bin is 16 quarts
- 2/26 – The number of strands in the bin is less than the number of meters in a mile.
- 2/27 – The number of family members in The Brady Bunch is not one of the digits in the answer.
- 2/28 – The number of strands in the bin is more than the number of days in a year.
- 3/1 – The individual numbers in the answer are all different (there are no repeats).
- 3/2 – It’s less than 2 hours before the contest ends (at 2pm Eastern time)! Hurry and get your guesses in!