Easter Egg Hunt Results

Posted by Matt on April 13 at 10:55 am

lima-eggAlthough 1368 of you participated in the first annual Lima Beads Easter Egg Hunt, only 22 of you found all 16 of the eggs scattered throughout the site. Of those 22, only 1 of you will be lucky enough to win the $250 gift certificate. That lucky person is…

Jill R. aka Classy Chick JbyJill

Congratulations, Jill! Who said that a bead addiction couldn’t pay off?

To everyone else who made this contest such an overwhelming success, thank you! I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Easter Egg Hunt Fun Facts

• 1368 beaders participated in the hunt!
  • 1,437,588 pages were viewed during the contest.
  • The average number of eggs found per person was 7.3.
  • The most found egg was on the Gift Certificate page.
  • The least found egg was in Lima’s Pamplemousse Fresh Pick.
  • Surprisingly, only 20% of those who participated found the egg mentioned in the Easter Egg Hunt blog post.

The Hiding Places

The eggs are no longer visible on the web site, so if you’d like to see them, just click on the images below.

1. My Easter Egg Hunt blog post
  11. New Products: November 26th, 2008
  12. Copper Wire Wrapped Triangle 30mm
  13. Kevin’s “Fall Beads Upon Us” post
  14. Lima’s “Pamplemousse” Fresh Pick
  15. Pistachio Rice 9-11mm
  16. A Golke’s “Oh for Spring” Fresh Pick

A lot of people have said that the hunt was difficult and we saw some people say that they were giving up. We hope it wasn’t too frustrating! Our goal was to make it relatively easy to get some free beads, a little harder to get 15% off and difficult to qualify for the $250 gift certificate. We knew that few people would find all 16, but also knew that they would have an excellent shot at the $250 once they did :)

Thanks again for participating everyone, we had a blast!

Congratulations, Classy Chick! I know you earned it! I am a bit jealous though. :-)

Becky B says:

The one I missed was in the Lima Fresh Pick—It was staring me in the face…mocking me. It was an evil egg. Seriously, the contest was fun & I already received my free beads. Thank you so much. Now my life can return to normal…so can my husband’s!

3. The Tattered Princess
    The Tattered Princess says:

Congrats Jill! I missed the one in the copper and what is so very painful about that is almost everything in my cart is copper!? Thanks for the fun!!!

Amy t says:

congrats jill, i only found 8 and then gave up. i found several over and over again. but did not look much.

5. Sandy S
    Sandy S says:

Thank you- You always keep us on our toes! :)

6. DOG Chick aka Angela
    DOG Chick aka Angela says:

Congratulations Jill! Good job on such a hard hunt!

POF Chick Nina says:

Congratulations Jill
    “you done GOOD” This was a difficult search but you came out The Winner!

Melissa S says:

I missed the Lima Fresh Pick, Copper Wire, and the Nov 26th New Products… oi!!

Congrats to Jill!! You’d better tell us all what you buy! I’m DYING to find out! :) So jealous! ;)

Thanks, Lima Team for an awesome contest. It was so much fun!! I hope you do another one like this… like find the Turkey for Thanksgiving, Santa’s hat for Christmas, Shamrocks for St. PAtty’s day, Stars or Flags for the 4th of July.. heehee Keep up the awesome work. I LOVE your site!

L McKeown says:

I missed the Lima Fresh Pick and the Nov 26th New Products but I really had fun. Although, I am looking forward to catching up on sleep. Thanks for the great Easter week. And congratulations Jill! Enjoy!

I missed the Lima Fresh Pick & the Nov 26th New Products. It was really fun though! Congrats Jill!

Dimplex101 says:

Congratulations Jill!!

And Thanks so much for posting the hunt! I had a lot of fun searching and have a lot of new ideas!

Gloria P says:

I missed the Lima’s Fresh Pick…but I had a blast! Congratulations Jill, and Thank You LB!!!

LG Designs says:

Congrats to you Jill! The ones I missed I must have seen at least 20 times…I must have looked too hastily…it was fun…thanks Lima

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Classy Chick!
    I’m happy for you!
    You gotta show us what you make with the new beads!!!

I missed Lima’s pick and the wish list.

Silver Fox says:

I didn’t find them all but sure had fun with the contest!

16. Celticcrossing
    Celticcrossing says:

Congrats Jill!
    And thanks to Lima for a fun time!!

17. Judith Nance
    Judith Nance says:

It was great! Thanks, Lima Beads team. (I did give up but it’s all good:)

18. BBoop
    BBoop says:

High-five Jill! Congratulations!! I had all but the Lima pick one. I don’t know how I missed it! No tellin’ how many times I probably looked right at it but didn’t see it. LOL

Melodee V says:

I’m relatively new to Lima Beads and had a great time getting to know the site by participating in the hunt. I also feel I got to know some of those regular participants. What a great bunch of people! I’m looking forward to the next challenge and to the beads I won. Thanks!

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

Yay Jill!!!!
    Good for you! Hope you splurge on some really special beads!

21. JulieRae
    JulieRae says:

I missed the Nov. 26th egg. Congrats to the chickie who won!! You deserve those beads, Lady!!! Have a super awesome time picking them out. Although you probably already did. Ha ha ha. I find it ironic that I looked through all of those new bead pages. I was clicking and scrolling down so fast I think the egg loaded after I was already away from the spot where the egg was sitting. Next time I will let the whole page load before I scroll down.

Lima Team,
    Some people are just the give-up type and God love them for it. They are the ones who made the odds so good. I think the game was fair and fun! No worries in your pretty lil’ heads about that! AWESOME fun! Hope to participate in another but must have recouperation time, please. My poor ole eyes can’t do that all the time.
    God’s Blessings to all of you and your families. May He shine His light upon the dark corners!

22. Sunny Chick aka Diana
    Sunny Chick aka Diana says:

Well I kept telling myself there should be one in Lima’s fresh picks and I scrolled several times but I guess I didn’t click on the right one which is difficult for me to believe as I’m pretty sure I did, but this was so much fun, I love the free beads, and the ones I ordered as well! Here’s a picture of one of the pieces I made with some of the beads from my first order ~ I’m a fan for sure of LimaBeads! You are too cool for words!

Attachment

Congrats Jill!! You know you have to show us what you do with the beads don’t you?! ;)
    I can’t believe I didn’t find the one in the wrapped copper! It looked like the egg was in a nest! That was such a clever hiding place!
    It doesn’t bother me that I didn’t win the gift certificate (though it would have been nice!! :) ) but it does really bug me that I couldn’t find that last stinkin egg!! I don’t like the feeling that I didn’t complete something (especially since I was so close!!)! Does any body else feel that way?
    Thanks Lima, for the fun contest, grate beads, and discount! You guys are the greatest!

24. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just logged on to the site!!!! I’m so excited! I had to call my mom to tell her. Thanks Lima Beads! This was so much fun….

25. L Thompson
    L Thompson says:

Congratulations Jill. Have fun spending all of that money. Kitty Chicky Cat, yes I feel that way too. Just wanted to finish the game. But, it was great fun, I’m new to the site, and you all seem like a great bunch of people. Will be here on a regular basis now. Have a great day everyone!

26. L Thompson
    L Thompson says:

Oh, and I missed the Lima Fresh Pick also. Seems like a lot of us did. Would have been my sweet 16.

27. ChickyD aka Debra
    ChickyD aka Debra says:

Congratulations, Classy Chich!!!!

28. ChickyD aka Debra
    ChickyD aka Debra says:

Oooooh, sorry, for the typo, Classy Chick. Guess I’ve been working on lesson plans WAY too long! Anyway, Congratulation.!

Congratulations Jill!!!!! I can’t wait to see what you purchase and create with your winnings!

To the Lima Beads team — thanks for such a fun time! I had a blast and enjoyed digging deep into this awesome site. I’ve found so many beautiful beads that I have just crusied right over before.

I’m sure this egg search took a lot of work to put together–which I really appreciate! Lima Beads is dedicated to making all of us feel less like a customer and more like part of a big family.

Alice

Melissa S says:

Jasmine Tea – that’s a lovely necklace! I like the bird and nest.

You know, I’m honestly surprised there weren’t any on the beads themselves!! Just pearls and copper!! Oh well… maybe next time.

You could have a ‘find Lima Bead’ contest… he’s a great shape to be hidden among all the pics.

31. Getta
    Getta says:

I went to check out and it is showing the Sodalite is out of stock. I read yesterday that it had to be added before the contest was over. I added it to my cart yesterday, today it is out of stock. Will you be replacing this item with something else?

Thanks.

P.S. Congrats Classy Chick! :)

32. BBoop
    BBoop says:

Getta, same thing happening to me. First the Lapiz in my cart was replaced with the Sodalite and now the Sodalite is removed without replacing it with anything. The other free thing I won is still there but….

33. sandra5461
    sandra5461 says:

Congratulations Classy Chick! You deserve it.

I missed three eggs…the copper one, the Pamplemousse, and new products from November. At least I will get 15% off my next order.

Good job everyone!

RubberT aka Plucky Chick says:

AH, the copper wire wrap is the one I missed! Just ran out of time! On the other hand, I needed it to be over. I was unable to stop myself from looking! Thanks for a great time, LB! Congratulations, Jill!!

35. Anita QoG Funny Chick
    Anita QoG Funny Chick says:

YEAH!!!!! JILL!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!

I’m not even going to admit which eggs I missed!!!lol- I do know now you can’t stop and read all the conversations, DAH!

I had a great time & it looks like I made some great new friends, too.
    LB Team- You know how GREAT I think you guys are!!!! so I’ll leave that as is. How was it, having to make up all those orders?? You know you’ll have to get some more help if you keep this up!!!!!!!!! I hope it was as successful for you as it was for all of us!!!!!
    Thanks, Again

36. JacquiO
    JacquiO says:

Congrats, Jill!!! Well deserved – it was at times very frustrating!! I too am a bit jealous… ;-)

Team LimaBeads, this was a really fun contest. My husband was very impressed with the level of your entire site, and thought it was a superb marketing tool to get us looking at everything you sell.

37. Karokat
    Karokat says:

That was heaps of fun and congrats to the winner. I found 14 out of 16, and hunted until the very last minute – the heck with the carpal tunnel problem! I swear I spent about 35 hours hunting obsessively for those eggs – I just wish I’d known sooner in the hunt that I had to clear my cache to refresh the website pages. OK, so now I’m ready for the next hunt! Someone suggested hunting for the Lima Bead guy – that’s a great idea. He could hide anywhere – among the China Chrysoprase or the Canadian Jade…

Oh dear, I think I’m addicted to hunting the Lima Beads website!

Jill (classy chick),

Congragulations on winning that fantabulous $250!!!! Way to go!!!
    L.B. folks, thanks so much for posting all 16 places where you guys had these “eggs” hidden :) … like funny chick, I too know which ones I missed :( … made myself exhausted looking for ‘em!!! what a creative contest, not sure I’m up for another similar “hunt” any time soon, although I appreciate the suggestion of similar “holiday theme” hunts… :)
    Lima Beads, you guys rock… wonder what you’ll come up with next, to keep us learning more about what you have :)

joyce

I feel that way too Chicky Cat!

Getta and BBoop, I’m sorry for the confusion there. Yes, you certainly can go back to the Easter Egg Hunt page and choose a replacement gift to put in your shopping bag.

Here’s what happened… this afternoon, we just ran out of the Brazil Sodalite Puff Square 14mm, so we are offering the 16mm coin in its place. You found the eggs, so you still deserve the prize! Sorry it wasn’t more clear up front.

41. The Tattered Princess
    The Tattered Princess says:

On the coin it says it is in my shopping bag on the egg page..however, it is not. Please help..thanks!

Hi Tattered Princess, I’m sorry about the confusion. If you head back over to the Easter Egg Hunt page (where you can select your prize), I think the message should be more clear about how to redeem your prize.

Sarah aka iamhydrogen says:

D’oh!! I looked through some Lima picks but not enough i guess! Oh well – at least the one egg i missed was seemingly the hardest one.

Congrats Jill! You seem like a very sweet person from your comments – good for you for winning!

Mirjam E says:

Congratulations Jill! I’m green with envy of course :) but I’m sure the prize is in good hands. Hope you’ll find something extra special to buy with the certificate!
    It’s a good thing I didn’t know I was one of only 22 to be entered into the draw, I would have hoped too hard!

Steve, another question about the bronzite and sodalite: they’re in my shopping bag, but I’m not sure I want to place an order just yet (shipping prices are high to Europe so I’d rather wait untill I find some more to order, and am trying to stick to my monthly budget, not sure I’ll make it though :) ). Do I need to order right away to get the free beads? If so, I absolutely understand, but please let me know?

Thanks Lima Beads, for this and all the other fun contests!

Tropical Loon Lady says:

Congrats Jill! You must have some stamina to find all 16. I found 14 but am not even sure which were the last 2 I didn’t find!!!! I think after going thru all of the pages so many times one forgets. It sure was alot of fun and I think like most I learned alot about the stones which was neat. Can’t wait for the next contest….Thanks Lima Bead for keeping us all glued to our computers and your web site for for the neat free beads!

Mirjam, it’s not necessary to place an order right away, but keep in mind that we’ve run low on the free gifts in the past–which means we may have to make another substitution if you wait too long :)

47. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

WOOHOO! Congratulations Jill! I hope you have a BLAST spending that $250 gift certificate!
    Your encouragement made me determined not to give up! Thanks!

48. Getta
    Getta says:

Steve,
    Thanks for the replacement. I absolutely love Lima Beads. I have become an avid and loyal customer. I have learned so much from your sight. I like how you explain the gemstones.

I now only shop at three places really. When do you think you will add to your stock wire (accu~flex), clasp, crimps, crimp covers…etc. I could then almost have a one stop shopping.
    Thanks again for the great Hunt. I was almost relieved at 12am to finally give up my obsession and start working on all the great ideas I received while hunting.

49. MaryJo K
    MaryJo K says:

I cannot believe that I missed these eggs. I know I looked on some of these pages…I guess I just scanned the pages too fast. Good contest.

50. MaryJo K
    MaryJo K says:

This was fun; however, I’m one that gave up after 9 eggs. I do know that I looked on some of these pages. I guess I just scanned too fast to spot these. What ever are you going to come up with next?

Congrats to the winner and also to those who stuck with it and found all 16 eggs. I don’t even know how to find the “new beads” for Nov. 26th. I’m new to this site.

51. LoriEllen
    LoriEllen says:

I looked through every lima fresh pick and didn’t see that!!! I’m so mad at myself! blah. oh wells. :/

Congrats, Classy Chick!!! I can just imagine how excited you must be! Have fun on your shopping spree!! :)

53. Sunny Chick aka Diana
    Sunny Chick aka Diana says:

Kitty Chicky Cat ~ it became more about finding them all than what you might win! To have 15 and not find 16 was tough going for a while ~ thank God it’s over!
    Melissa S ~ thanks, I’m wearing it tonight for the first time ~ always interesting to hear the comments on a new piece ~ hopefully the bird flying won’t bother my decollete ~ I have to wear a piece a few times before I know for sure the design is good and wearable.

54. BBoop
    BBoop says:

Thanks Steve/LB, for the replacement option! I followed the new instructions and the replacement is now in my cart.

55. Shannon aka Silly Chick
    Shannon aka Silly Chick says:

So very happy for you, Classy Chick! Beaders are a special bunch – good luck for one of us inspires ALL of us! There is not another site of this kind (and I’ve seen ‘em all) that unites us like LB. Whenever I’m shopping or just watching the Bead Machine, I always feel I’m among friends! Someday, maybe we can all meet eachother – wouldn’t that be fun!
    A Lima Bead retreat!
    By the way, when my eyes are able to focus properly again, I’m looking so forward to the scavenger hunt! Everyone take care and happy beading :)

56. SimplyStacyJewelry
    SimplyStacyJewelry says:

Congrats Jill! I am just glad they showed me where the two that I couldn’t find were hiding. It was driving me nuts. It was frustrating, but it was a lot of fun and one of the best marketing campaigns I have seen in a while! What other way could you get so many people to look at EVERY SINGLE item on the site? :-)

I can’t believe that I went through every single gemstone! And I even enlarged them all! It took me hours, and there were no eggs in there! I’m surprised!!!

LoKi says:

Congratulations Jill!!! What a wonderful way to start the week!

It was a wonderful “hunt” and I loved viewing all the amazing beads on Lima’s site!!!

Thanks!

59. movie chick aka susan
    movie chick aka susan says:

Would it possible to add the following features when searching through the various products on your site:

1. to sort by price within a particular gemstone

2. when looking at the gemstones, instead of going back to the main page that lists them all, a button at the bottom of the current page being viewed that says “next gemstone…”>>>, this feature would be nice for all the categories that you offer

Just a couple of things that I came up as I was searching the site for those eggs :)

Congrats to the winner of the gift cert!!!

60. WaterburyJewels
    WaterburyJewels says:

Congratulations Jill aka Classy Chick….

61. Cthings
    Cthings says:

Wow I was through Steve’s blog about 5 times and didn’t even catch that one. What a clever hiding place! Congrats Jill for receiving the grand prize!

I missed 3 (11, 12, &14) Thanks so much to Lima Beads for telling ALL and for a great contest!
    Congratulations to Jill and I hope you have lots of fun with your prize.

Congratulations, Jill!!! I’m so happy for you! I feel as though I know you and the other LB Beaders after this contest just by looking at your Fresh Picks and reading your blogs. What fun this has been! I only missed the New Products egg & the Lima’s Fresh Pick egg — don’t know how because I looked at all those pages — maybe too quickly. I’m thrilled with my prizes & 15% discount — thanks again LB! Have fun shopping, Jill, you deserve it!!!

I want to say to the LimaBead people that I loved this contest and can’t wait for the next one! I haven’t had this much fun for years! Of course, you’ll have to give us all a chance to rest our eyes from this one. :-) I will definitely be coming to this site again and again to do Fresh Picks for certain and to keep up with the chatter ~ great fun!!!

Dizzy Chick Lori Z says:

Congrats, Jill! There’s 22 people with amazing stamina that shop here! I missed 12, 14 & 16. But the hunt for 16 led me to #6, so I can’t complain. It was easier to give up @ 13 than 11!

To the folks @ Lima, Great Job! This was fun, and I got to know your site much better! It is very well designed and user friendly, just like the rest of your company. I DO think S. Rolls had an excellent idea about being able to continue on to the next gemstone or bead shape.

Last thing, it’s nice to know that beaders are a obsessive/compulsive bunch. I used to think it was just me! Have a great week everyone!

KWB DESIGNS says:

Well, I didn’t find all 16 eggs, and I didn’t win $250. However, a great thing happened: I finally got over my “slump”! My grandmother passed away 1 month ago, and it really dampened my spirits.
    Seeing all these fresh picks and happy people really helped. I had a creative frenzy yesterday, it felt so wonderful.
    So thank you everyone, and thanks LB!

67. LoriEllen
    LoriEllen says:

So when is the next contest?! :D

trinkets says:

Great hunting Jill & Congratulations!

I missed the “Pamplemousse”" one!
    Well I think Tab asks a good question ~
    When?
    Thanks to the Lima team for all the work:)

R P says:

Congratulations to Jill.

And thanks to the Lima team for a fun contest.

It is so hard to look at your site now and not try to look for hidden eggs!!! LOL

71. SweetPea
    SweetPea says:

I really enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt & am looking forward to the next contest! I’m new to the “Lima Bead Club” & I love it!!! Congrats to everyone who found all the eggs & especially to Jill for winning the BIG PRIZE.

72. Gloria -Aussie chick
    Gloria -Aussie chick says:

Congratulations Jill,we all put in a lot of work but it paid off for you, enjoy spending your gift cert you clever duck!

When will the next contest be???? :D

Melissa S says:

I got my beads yesterday. Gorgeous! I have no idea what I’m going to do with that Bronzite, but I could just stare at it, it’s so pretty. It might just have to stand on it’s own. A nice bold piece. :) And I’m already planning something with the sodalite for my sister. That and lapis are her two favorites. :) Thank you!!

Oh – and I got a couple of the little elephants in copper and gold. I’m going to make something for my niece Ella. She loves elephants. :)

I am so addicted to this site!!

75. B Miller
    B Miller says:

I found 14 out of 16 – I missed the Lima Fresh Pick and the Nov 26th New Products eggs. But what a great contest – I loved it, and am hoping that Lima Beads does more like it in the future. (Although I’m relieved to not be obsessing over finding eggs today!) To the LB Team – wonderful work on the site – my search gave me added appreciation not only for your products and people, but for your creative use of website technologies! Thanks again – it was lots of fun!

76. jewel  in NP
    jewel in NP says:

My first time making a comment.
    Congrads to the Egg Winner I only found 10 some of those I looked right at and didnt see them. I had a lot of fun anyway, I think you should do it again soon.

77. LoriEllen
    LoriEllen says:

Next holiday is Mothers Day. You could hide little cut-out head shots of the staffs mothers all over the site. (lolz)

78. BlueLapis
    BlueLapis says:

Congratulations Jill. Now the only hard part will be to pick what to buy with all that free moolah! Hope you have fun. I know I did with this cool contest. Im just happy I got my lapis strand early, and the fab bronzite bead has to be seen to be believed! Love this site and sooo glad I found it in time to play. Now Im off to check the lunch specials. Im hungry for some new beads!

79. CrazyBeadinSister
    CrazyBeadinSister says:

Congrats Jill. I only found 13 but getting 15% off of my next order will be Great! Thanks to the guys at Lima Beads for everything. I recieved my beads yesterday (Monday) and they are Beautiful. Thanks again.:):)

80. GoFish
    GoFish says:

Congrats to Jill-how cool is that?? I had a great time and wond ‘stuff’-what more could I ask?

81. Talon Lady
    Talon Lady says:

Good job Jill! This contest was incredibly fun!

82. Just me
    Just me says:

My daughter and I had alot of fun. I looked all day easter sunday. Had a blast. Got 14 but could not find last 2. Thanks for the fun Lima beads.

83. Charlene K
    Charlene K says:

Congrats to Jill- This was at the same time the most fun and frustrating thing I’ve done in a long time-Hope you do something like it again!The pendant and beads are beautiful what a wonderful prize. Found lots of things to order with my 15% off just need to narrow the list down a bit. I had 15 but after looking at all the hiding places I’m not quite sure which one I missed, might have been 4, 5 or 11

84. jewel  in NP
    jewel in NP says:

I think I just deleted the free strand of sodalite from the egg hunt will you still honor a free strand I did find 10 eggs

Hi Jewel, you can go to the following page to redeem the prize(s) you earned:

Great job finding the eggs!

Mama Yogi says:

Well, now that I can see were the eggs were hiding, I also realize that, should I have had more time, I probably had a very good chance off finding the two last eggs. Family came first and company on Easter Friday through the weekend hampered my search. However it was a lot of fun searching. Thank you to the lima beads crew for the free beads and the 15% off.

87. Dora H
    Dora H says:

Congratulations, Classy Chick!
    I found 11, but I had fun. Got to be an addiction !! LOL

88. BadCat
    BadCat says:

Congrats to the winner! I missed the copper wire one…I could have sworn I looked through all the metals, but I guess I didn’t. I really enjoyed the game.

Limabeads, you all did a great job and I hope you do another scavenger hunt again soon.

Adrienne H says:

Congrats Jill – have fun shopping! I gave up after 10, but it was fun. LB – any chance of another sometime?

Happy beading
    Adrienne

90. GENIE J
    GENIE J says:

As hard as I looked, it really irks me to know that I saw the site that two of the eggs were on and missed them totally!! Oh well, I found 8 and had fun and frustration at the same time, and found some really neat beads that I ordered as well.
    Great game!