Help! How should we organize Fresh Picks?Posted by Steve on April 17 at 03:01 pm
It’s hard to believe that over that past year, the community of Lima Beaders has designed over 6,000 Fresh Picks! These wonderful idea-generators are featured throughout the web site, but it’s growing harder every day to swim through the variety of concepts, colors, and combos that inspire us to create. So, we’re looking to get a little organized.
In addition to being able to search for Fresh Picks by name (think: “ocean” or “wedding”), we think it would be neat to allow you to browse through the picks by category. This brings up an interesting question, though: what categories do we use? Here are some interesting ideas we’ve had:
- Seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Holidays (The typical ones…)
- Occasions (Weddings, Birthdays, Celebrations)
- Nature (Flowers, Landscapes, Water)
- Emotions (Happy, Sad, Thoughtful, Pride, Sympathy)
- Animals (Pets, Cats, Dogs, The Wild)
- Going Out (Food & Drink, Night Life)
- Locations (Landmarks, Cities, Countries)
- Pop Culture (Movies, Songs, Famous People)
- People (Family, Friends, Myself)
- And more…
What do YOU think?
Since you’re the designers, we want to know what you think! Love it? Hate it? Have any good ideas? We’d love to hear the different ways you think Fresh Picks could be organized so they’re easy & fun to browse. Let us know in the comments! And if you’re new to designing Fresh Picks, give it a try!