Vote for Matt!

Posted by Matt on April 20 at 02:32 pm

412451

I’ll admit, I never watched American Idol before this season, it’s just not the type of thing that would normally interest me. That all changed when I heard that a friend of mine from high school was going to be on the show. You might know Matt Giraud. He’s the good-looking, funny, soulful contestant on the show.

If you’re an American Idol fan, you know that he really needs our help. It was all a little confusing, but the judges used their save to keep him on the show last week after he was voted off by America. Last week’s performance was not his best, but when Matt is at his best, he is the best. That’s not to say that he doesn’t have any competition, but if he can remain consistent throughout the remainder of the show, he has a good chance of winning the whole thing.

When I watched his audition for the show, I was blown away. First, it was hard to believe that someone I used to see in the halls every day was on the one of most watched shows in the history of television. Then came the audition — it was nothing short of brilliant. Watch it here.

I always knew that he was in choir and was really good, but never in a million years would I have thought that he was that good. I regret not going to the choir concerts back in high school, because I’m going to have to pay top dollar to see one of his shows!

This once in a lifetime opportunity couldn’t have happened to a better guy. Matt is the type of guy that always has a smile on his face and makes sure that everybody around him is smiling too.

So please vote this week for Matt Giraud on American Idol! It’s going to be extremely tough because after saving Matt from elimination, they have to send two people home. If you’ve never voted on American Idol, it’s free and easy. When all of the contestants are done performing, they’ll give you a toll free number to call. American Idol is on Tuesday at 8 on FOX.

Still not convinced? Here’s Matt performing “Georgia on My Mind.”

KWB DESIGNS says:

NO WAAAAAY! No kidding, I’ve been rooting for him since the very beginning. I think he has so much potential. I can’t vote for him because I’m in Canada,(I think the voting is only available to the US) but my positive thoughts are definately with him! You can tell him Canada thinks he’s top notch!!

2. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

I love American Idol. And have thought a time or two that I should make a pick dedicated to the show. And now that I know that I am not the only fan of the show, maybe I’ll do just that!! :) Matt is awesome- yes, very soulful… There are a lot of excellent contestants left. It will be a tough week! I have always been a fan of the show, but I have to say I have only voted one night…. I even voted for Matt, along with others that night! I can’t wait for tomorrow night…. May the “best man” win……..LOL

Peace M says:

Matt Giraud is indeed the next BIG STAR!! He is really my bet but sad to say I can’t vote him since I’m from the Philippines. But please America vote for him because he really deserves it. You will be proud of him because he represents your country very well. It’s my dream to see him performing live. Gudluck to you Matt.

Attachment

RubberT aka Plucky Chick says:

I can vote, but haven’t been following it this year. What night is it on? I will have my daughter vote,too!

I’ve never followed American Idol, but clips like these always bring tears to my eyes.

Matt seems very down to earth, and has a great voice!

Let the voting begin!!!!
    Alice

6. Atomic Toad
    Atomic Toad says:

Matt is a big star in Kalamazoo. The Richland Bible Church where he is a member is having a big voting party tonight. I’m excited to hear about his fans from all over the place…especially the LB connection! Very cool.

7. Matt
    Matt says:

Thanks so much for all of your support. He really is a down to earth guy.

The voting takes place directly after the show tonight around 9. I’ll post the number to call in the comments, so stay tuned!

I have a quick question…about how many beads does a ‘half strand’ of Imperial Jasper Long Faceted Pillow 18-19x12mm have? Thanks!

9. Shannon aka Silly Chick
    Shannon aka Silly Chick says:

Think you’ll get about 10 to 12, Luv…:>

Thanks Shannon!

RubberT aka Plucky Chick says:

I just talked to my daughter and Matt is a favorite of hers and her college roommate. She was excited when I told her about the LB connection. Go, Matt!

12. Valentine Chick
    Valentine Chick says:

I love A.I.!!! There are so many good ones! Matt, Adam, Chris, and Danny! How will America ever choose? But, no matter what happens I think all of those guys will get record deals out of the exposure they have gotten! Way to go!

13. Anita QoG Funny Chick
    Anita QoG Funny Chick says:

That’s GREAT!!!! I used to watch it all the time!!! Now I’ll have to start again!!!! Thanks for the heads up, he’ll get my vote!!!

14. Matt
    Matt says:

Ok. Here’s the phone number to call: 1-866-436-5706

You can vote more than once if you’d like. :)

Thanks again!

15. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

Watched AI tonight!! A double-elimination tomorrow night….Make sure you vote :) Matt, Danny, Adam, and Chris are all awesome!! I think by far, they are the best that the show has had in this final countdown. I’m sure they will all get record deals. I voted… and more than once… HAHA

16. LoriEllen
    LoriEllen says:

This is only the second time I’ve watched AI all the way through. Matt is good but Allison is my favorite, sorry. If I had seen this earlier I would have given him a vote though, just for you guys. And I hate hate haaaate Adam, blaaah.

17. Matt
    Matt says:

Thanks to everyone who voted for Matt!
    I knew that he could do it. How great does “Top 5″ sound?

18. lilys mimi-chickie
    lilys mimi-chickie says:

carrie is from oklahoma, went to college in the town i once lived in. i supported her. now this is the 2nd person that i now have some connection to. matt is my husband and son’s fav. he will get our votes, because he is very good and because he is a lima-connected-friend! peace, be love, lisa

RubberT aka Plucky Chick says:

So sad to see Matt go, but keep us posted on his future career!!

20. Bonnie R
    Bonnie R says:

Sorry Matt, but this year was just so strong that anyone could have gone. But remember many times in the past it wasn’t the winner who went on to be great and make many many records.
    “Losing” on AI isn’t all that bad. I understand that if you don’t win you have more control over what you go on to do. So, It may end up to be a good thing for him.

21. Matt
    Matt says:

Thanks for all of your support!

Even though he isn’t this year’s American Idol, I know that he’s going to do great things with his career.

If you haven’t heard, Matt’s going to be on Ellen today at 10! It should be hilarious. I’ll be working, but I’ve got it “DVRed.”

Thanks again.

22. Dragons Chicky
    Dragons Chicky says:

I never knew there was a celebrity at LB! Way cool! Congratulations Matt!