Welcome Cathy to The Team!

Posted by Kevin on April 27 at 03:08 pm

I have some exciting news today. If you’ve been following along, you know that in 5 short years Lima Beads has grown from a couple of shelves in a college apartment to what it is now. This rapid growth hasn’t given us a lot of time to concentrate on efficiency, implement standard procedures, or stay very organized. I guess the best way to put it is: for the past few years, we’ve been flying by the seat of our pants!

That’s all about to change. We’ve never had a real manager here — the management of daily operations has been something that Ali, Steve, and I have all shared. Lima Beads has reached a major turning point. This summer, we want to add several new product lines, get a new space (stay tuned for an announcement very soon), and we have a lot of fun ideas for the web site. It was obvious, to make all of this happen, we would need a manager and we found one. Today is Cathy’s first day. She has more than 10 years of real management experience. She is going to help us grow larger, be more efficient, more organized, and more fun! We couldn’t be happier.

Cathy’s bio and photo are below. Please join us in giving her a big welcome. This summer is going to be awesome. We’re so excited. You’re going to see lots of new products, lots of fun things on the site, and a much less stressed-out Lima team :)

More about Cathy

cathyI haven’t always called Michigan home. I was born in Ohio and moved to Rochester, Michigan in the middle of sixth grade. We love Rochester. My husband and I both graduated from the same high school here and have been together ever since. My husband volunteers for the Rochester Fire Department, so this keeps us involved in our community. My daughter loves her school and her dance studio (the most important thing in life to her). We have two wild and crazy dogs that we love to take to the dog park for social time. I think they might be a little spoiled. I enjoy going to the gym and working out. Kickboxing is my favorite! It allows me to use up any stress I am carrying around with me. I am very excited about spending some time in downtown Ann Arbor. It has the same small town feel to it that Rochester also possesses. I love it already.

My title here at Lima Beads is “Director of Operations”, it really sounds like I’ll be doing a little bit of everything. I am excited about joining the team at Lima Beads. I come from a very large retail chain. Joining this team should be quite a change of scenery for me. I really don’t know all that much about beading right now so everyone is going to have to help me learn. I can’t wait to create my first piece of jewelry!

1. Shannon aka Silly Chick
    Shannon aka Silly Chick says:

Cathy,

WELCOME!!! You’ve joined such an incredibly talented group of people who I know are so very glad to have you aboard! Lima Beads customers are a loyal, bead-addicted bunch who’ll welcome you with open arms!

We all look forward to the exciting future in store for Lima Beads in the coming days and months! Best of luck to you and the whole Lima Team! Shannon W (aka Silly Chick) :)

2. Dizzy Chick Lori Z
    Dizzy Chick Lori Z says:

Cathy,
    You will love your new job! The site is fun and addictive, and undoubtedly reflective of the staff. If you just read a few of the blog postings (who has time for them all?!?) you can tell what a warm friendly place you are in.

Oh, and do you ever travel to Kansas? I’d love to be “more efficient, more organized and more fun… and less stressed out!”

Welcome!!!

Welcome! I’m sure you’ll enjoy your work!

4. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

Hi and welcome Cathy!
    I can feel the excitement in Kevin’s announcement at having you on board!

Once you get into the beads, you’ll be hooked and making your first piece of jewelry!

As a Lima fan, I cannot wait to see what is in store for US in the way of new products and for all of YOU with a move to a larger space!

Kevin, if what you all have been doing for the past 5 years is flying by the seat of your pants, well then, job well done! You guys are the best!

5. Steph
    Steph says:

We all can’t wait to see the first piece you create. Welcome to Lima! You will soon see that many of us out there are addicted to this site. It is by far the best I have found out there. Many of us are also dog lovers too, and cat. I have 3 dogs and my sister has 3. I say the more the merrier. We also foster them that’s how I got my third one. It’s great to hear Lima got more space, that means more beads. YAY!!!!

6. movie chick aka susan
    movie chick aka susan says:

Hi Cathy -

Welcome and Congrats on the new position…I am jealous…I would love to work at LB…although I would never have any money…it would all be spent on beads (however, I would have a killer jewelry wardrobe)…looking forward to the future of LB :)

7. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

Welcome to the Lima family,Cathy! I’m sure you’re going to enjoy your new job.

8. Bonnie R
    Bonnie R says:

Welcome, as you will find out, the customers here are a wild and crazy bunch. I am glad that Kevin and Ali and Steve now have someone to share the management “stress” with. Before you know it you will be one of us chickies.

9. DOG Chick aka Angela
    DOG Chick aka Angela says:

Welcome aboard Cathy! I know you will enjoy working on the Lima Beads team. We, their customers think they are fun, efficient and responsive to requests. We are glad y’all are growing and going to add new products! I am excited!

Welcome Cathy,

You are joining an amazing young and creative company. It’s difficult to imagine that it’s already been five years for Lima, that’s phenomenal, especially in these uncertain economic times! I’m studying how organizations can be more effective from an organizational development perspective, and I can tell from this announcement that Lima has grown significantly that they need you to help them grow effectively even more! congragulations on getting to work with such a fun young company!

11. Cathy H Chocolate Chick
    Cathy H Chocolate Chick says:

Cathy,

Congratulations on your new job! I think Lima Beads would be a wonderful place to work. Everyone seems so friendly and the web site is great! From one Cathy to another, good luck!

RubberT aka Plucky Chick says:

Welcome, Cathy, into the magical world of beading! I even hear that the Lima Bead Team can even fly! So what if it is by the seat of their pants, because they do it so well! When are you going to do your first pick? What will you name it?

Welcome to Lima Beads, Cathy! I know you will love working with the team–which we have all come to think of as family. Soon, like us, you will be addicted to beads and hiding them from your husband who seems to have contracted some sort of eye-rolling affliction that worsens when you walk in the door with a new bag of gems!

I would have never guessed that the LB team was flying by the seat of their pants! They’ve done an outstanding job of keeping us well-stocked in gorgeous beads, and providing great customer service and some great blog entertainment as well.

I can’t wait to see your first creation, and to hear about the new digs for Lima Beads!

Alice

Welcome Cathy!!
    I am so envious of you. What a place to work! Lima Beads seems like such a wonderful and fun place to be.
    Congratulations to you and to Lima for continuing to grow!!
    I agree with the other comments, if you guys are flying by the seat of your pants you are doing a fantastic job!!
    Your customer service and products are the BEST! Other businesses could learn a lot from you.
    Cathy, enjoy yourself and be careful, you’ll probably catch the beady bug!

KWB DESIGNS says:

Hi Cathy!
    What a very neat addition! Lima bead’s customer service is unmatched. I think what makes it so special is the fact that all the staff gives such a personalized, “make you feel special” kind of service.
    Have a great time. And good for LB for doing so well! I wish you all great success.

M mccallister mrs chick says:

Welcome to the beading world,Cathy!!!

17. Cthings
    Cthings says:

Welcome Cathy and Congrats on the job!! I don’t think you will have a problem creating anything from all the picks you have!

Welcome to Lima Beads, Cathy!!! What exciting news for our “family” -a new member, a new home, new products coming this summer! As you can tell, there is a lot of enthusiasm on this site! The LB team is the BEST and we Beaders prefer to shop here because of the outstanding products, personalized service, and fun atmosphere. Oh, and did anyone mention the Easter egg hunt to you? LOL Looking forward to getting to know you, Cathy!

Kevin, Ali, Steve, & Matt — If what you’ve been doing so far has been “flying by the seat of your pants” — WOW! I can’t imagine what LB will be like now that Cathy has come on board!!! Your site is the BEST!!!

Rainbow Chick says:

Cathy,

Welcome to the family! This is a wonderful place. Only one word of advice – don’t over-manage. Relax and things will go just fine. This is a great group to work with and you’ll be at home with all of us in no time!

The Lady T’Kaat of Kaat’s Keep
    and Rainbow Roads

21. clemcat28
    clemcat28 says:

Oh, once you make that first piece, Cathy, you’ll be hooked! I guarantee it!

POF Chick Nina says:

Welcome Cathy, Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future. Making your first piece of jewelry will have you hooked! You have a big job ahead but you will meet the challange I know. The gang at LB is a super team and you will be in good company. Best wishes on your new job.

23. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

Cathy, welcome to the Lima Bead Team!! This is by far the BEST bead site, and I have been on a lot of them!! I look forward to see what Lima has in store for us next:) Glad to have you here!!

Mirjam E says:

Hi Cathy, welcome to Lima Beads! I think you’ll have a lot of fun in your new job. Judging by this website Lima Beads is a great place to work. I’m sure you’ll fall in love with beading itself soon enough!

Good luck!

25. Chicky Suz aka Susan Z
    Chicky Suz aka Susan Z says:

Welcome, Kathy. I am excited to see what is in store. This is the best site with quality beads at great prices! And incredibly fast shipping!
    Wonderful team and fan base!!

26. Claire F
    Claire F says:

Welcome Kathy, to the wonderful and exciting world of beads. Congratulations and good luck on your new job.

27. Gloria -Aussie chick
    Gloria -Aussie chick says:

Hi Cathy, congratulations on your new job and a very BIG welcome to Lima beads. I see you wearing ear rings, no more will you have to buy them ….you can make your own!!. I live in NSW Australia in a very small country village in the mountains, and at the moment we are just going into winter, and look forward to a bit of snow.

28. Bettys Beads
    Bettys Beads says:

I just recently found Lima Beads and am impressed with the business. Their excitement is infectious. After 14 years in Rochester, MI my husband and I retired to Pinehurst, NC. I can see why you love it. Good luck and enjoy your new job..I just know it will be a fun place to work.

29. MaryJo K
    MaryJo K says:

Hello Cathy…Welcome, Good Luck, and Congratulations on your new position. I think you have your work cut out for you and I hope you have lots of fun doing it…organizing, that is. LB sounds like a fun place to work – with the fun of beading thrown in with it.

Cheryl T says:

Welcome Cathy,
    You have just become a member of a very talented and unusual team. Lima is like an extended family, where fun,laughter and good times abound. We have even gotten to eat lunch with them in a round about way. There is no wonder this small company is flying high and with your help they will soar higher and we all get to come along for the ride.
    I love this site and the products are top of the line and beautiful. You will be filled with the magic of beading in no time and it will be hard for you to stop and actually get some work done. Not every one has the blessing of working at a job that is so creative and fun. Enjoy and let your creativity flow.

31. Nicole m
    Nicole m says:

Welcome to the Lima family Cathy! I know you will love it here and once you make your first piece of jewelry, you’ll be hooked on beading just as much as we are :)

32. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

Welcome aboard Cathy. We all love our LIMA TEAM and I’m sure you will too. This is the most addictive site I have ever dealt with and we all love it. Everyone is so helpful and kind and courteous. It is an amazing site and so is the Lima Team and all of the ‘chicks’ in more ways than you can count. Congratulations to you and the Lima Team. Keep up the good work.

Welcome, Cathy. Everyone else has already said it very well, but welcome anyway.
    We do feel a vested interest in new hires at Lima Beads, and are excited that they are doing well and expanding. Please be sure they keep their superior customer service, and friendly attitude.
    In a sense, it is “our” Lima Beads, because we care.
    Hope you love your new job, because if you do what you love, you never just work a day in your life.

34. Cathy W
    Cathy W says:

Well I actually survived my first week here and I am back for more. I think I am getting the hang of it now! I actually can identify some beads. I am also having fun while I learn the ropes. Thank you for all of your warm welcomes!

Dee Dee Short Chick says:

A warm welcome from a former southerner. The Lima team is a wild and crazy, warm & wonderful place.

M Watson says:

Congratulations Cathy! Your years of management experience and great customer service approach will be an asset to Lima Beads.

I have looked through the site and I see so many beautiful beads. I think it is time to take up a new hobby. I see a few (many) that I would like to have in a necklace but first I will need to learn how to make one.

So as your mother-in-law, can I plan on a handmade jewelry gift for Christmas or my birthday???

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”