Coming Soon: The Garden

Posted by Steve on May 26 at 03:14 pm

While half our team has been working on expanding our product line (a top priority for us in 2009), the other half has been working on something completely different. I’d like to tell you a little bit about it today. It’s called “The Garden,” and it’s a place where beaders can congregate, share ideas, meet new people, join groups, and showcase designs.

The Garden

A Sneak Peek

What's going on?

What's going on?

There are a couple features I’m really excited about. For one, it will be easy to stay on top of what’s going on–from Fresh Picks to blog comments to new beaders. You’ll be able to “friend” people, join and create groups, chat in forums, and send private messages to other beaders. Who’s online right now? Who’s sharing ideas and posting pictures? Stay on top of the conversation and add your thoughts easily. You’ll be able to do all this and more in The Garden, and it’s completely free, easy, and integrated with the Lima Beads web site.

Gallery of Designs

There’s one more important feature, and it’s the one I’m most excited about (and I think you’ll agree). For months, we’ve had people requesting a better way to share their designs with the community. We’re addressing this in a big way. We’re putting together a Design Gallery where you can browse, upload, and comment on designs made by beaders just like you.

Who's online?

Who's online?

Launching June 9…

We’ll be launching The Garden on June 9. We hope it will be a big hit! Let us know what you think in the comments!

Thank you, thank you, thank you — for listening to us, for all of your hard work, for Lima Beads!!! :D Looking forward to June 9 and the grand opening of The Garden!!!

WOW! I can’t wait!!! :D :D :D

JEM Beader says:

Sounds good to me. I’ve wanted a good way to get in touch with others who share my love/obsession with beads. Being able to receive other people’s thoughts on my work will also be a huge plus.

4. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

This is SO exciting! Thank you so much for listening to us and I am sure this will exceed our expectations…as does everything Lima Beads does!

5. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

This is so exciting!! And wow, what perfect timing…..This is my official first day of Summer Vacation!!! Yippee! I can’t wait :)

Yeah!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! STEVE YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! (Kevin and Matt you are also The Man, just don’t want you to feel left out :D ) I’m counting the days … 14 to go …

7. Michelle Downy Chick
    Michelle Downy Chick says:

This is so cool…you guys really are the best…thanks! :)

Will the Design Gallery be launched the same day as The Garden?!

9. Steph
    Steph says:

Lima just gets more exciting and interesting all the time, I love it!

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

This is so exciting! I can’t wait! Thanks so much for listening to us!

11. Anita QoG Funny Chick
    Anita QoG Funny Chick says:

Just gets Better & Better every day!!!! Thanks all, for hearing us & following through so fast!! LB is without a doubt the best site EVER!!!!

12. Karen H aka Fancy Chick
    Karen H aka Fancy Chick says:

Thanks everyone! I’m so glad to have found Lima Beads and am continually impressed by your responsiveness to your customers. I’m forever a loyal customer!

13. Bonnie R
    Bonnie R says:

Wow a site who is really responsive to the customers needs. Great job guys.

14. ChickyD aka Debra
    ChickyD aka Debra says:

COOL Beans…I mean Beads…Lima Beads, that is! Thanks, y’all!

Wow…as the other ladies said, can’t wait!! It must drive you LB people crazy reading all of the chatter because I’m sure it has increased one hundred-fold since the Easter Egg Hunt. I’m surprised you still have time to do the orders up with such great, speedy service!! :-D

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait! I’m so excited for The Garden and Gallery!

Thanks so much for listening to us–you’re the best!!!

Alice

I’m impressed! SO looking forward to The Garden! I always say this but I’ll say it again: Lima Beads is by far the best website. Period. Thank you guys!! :)

Dizzy Chick Lori Z says:

You are the best! Your website has become more and more of a gathering place for friends in addition to the best place to buy beads! You have really fostered a sharing community here, and hopefully in doing so are reaping the rewards! Thank you for taking a good thing and making it even better!

RubberT aka Plucky Chick says:

Ditto to all above comments!!

Hi everyone! The whole team appreciates your kind words. We wouldn’t be here without you. We’re thoroughly looking forward to the next couple weeks!

Dear LB folks,

I’m SO excited to hear about this new “Garden”, thank you so much for creating it to make it still easier for us to talk to each other, share designs and talk about our Picks, you guys are the BEST!!!! I’m so impressed by the growing sense of community that I have with other beaders thanks to your “Fresh Picks” feature and many other fun aspects like that funny easter egg hunt! :)

22. DOG Chick aka Angela
    DOG Chick aka Angela says:

Thank you Steve and the LB team! I appreciate how responsive you are to your customers and all our requests. You have truly turned this website into a place where we all feel at home, make new friends and share our love of beading! You are AWESOME! This is an awesome idea!

23. Jane MS
    Jane MS says:

Again, you have improved on an already incredible site. The quality and selection of the beads, your customer service and the atmosphere for the customers is why you are my number one source for beads. VIVA!

24. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

How exciting! I’m looking forward to The Garden and all the nice things you have in store for us bead addicts! Thank you for always listening to your customers!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! :D Thank you!!! :D

26. LoriEllen
    LoriEllen says:

This is great! I can’t wait for the launch. :D

27. Dora H
    Dora H says:

Wonderful idea and Great news..Ya’ll really do listen to your customers, HAT’S OFF TO YOU !! We are really blessed to have limabeads !!!
    Can’t wait till June 9th

D Barlow says:

Can’t wait to see the new blog. This sounds like fun!

KWB DESIGNS says:

I LOVE IT!!!! Can’t wait!

Margareta says:

Sounds very exciting – looking forward to June 9th ;-D

31. BadCat
    BadCat says:

This sounds like fun! I can’t wait to see it.

32. cottagecharms
    cottagecharms says:

Love LimaBeads-should be fun and a great place to share!

Thank you seems so inadequate, when we finally have a meeting place for beaders. You just make it better nad better all the time. :-)

THANK YOU!!!!

34. Mo McManus
    Mo McManus says:

Over and over again I find myself so impressed with this site. Kudos!

ONLY ONE MORE DAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! :D

36. DJluvs2bead
    DJluvs2bead says:

Love this idea! Lima Beads is the most beader friendly and thoughtful site on the web!
    Thank you for all you do!!!!

When will you launch the Design Gallery?

38. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

Only a few hours to go now. Can’t wait for the Garden and the Design Gallery. Many, many thanks, LIMA. I’ll be up witht the chickens tomorrow. He, he!!

Guess it didn’t launch at midnight….LOL :D Can you tell we are eager for The Garden and Design Gallery to arrive?!?!?! ;-)

40. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

LOL!

We’re almost there! :)

Hooray — The Garden is in full bloom!!! :D Thanks to the LB team for all their hard work!!!!! The Garden is beautiful!!!! Got to get back to it — lots of fun awaits! ;-)

Hi everyone, you can head on over to The Garden to check things out:

There’s a full blog post coming soon!

44. Boston Lady
    Boston Lady says:

You guys are awesome Lima Beads! I’m having so much fun looking through all your pages. Keep up the good work and keep those beads coming.

Best regards,