Favorite Fresh Picks for SummerPosted by Ali on June 24 at 11:18 pm
Top 9 Fresh Picks (June 1-22):
- *Laurel* by Valentine Chick
- 精衛 by D D Mystic Chick
- A Mermaid’s Necklace by Cuban Queen Crazy Chick
- Walk on the Beach by Smoky Rose
- The Clouds in the Sky by Elaine aka Belly Chick
- Summer Dreams by Fashion Chick aka SC
- Droplets by Sandy S
- Waiting for a sunny day by Wemai Coffee Chick
- Beautiful Summer Evening by Allure of Gems by Julia
- Starry Midnight by Southern Chick
What stands out with this set of favorites is how much blue, green and brown are being used.
*Laurel* – This is great, your pick definitely evokes images in my mind of the mountain laurel we had in our yard growing up. I like the combinations of pinks and greens — really rich. The silver green keishi pearls we are adding tomorrow would look great with this
精衛 – Kudos for creative inspiration! The Chinese ocean jasper looks great with the mystic blue… who knew? I like your description, it really helps imagine how these would all work together.
A Mermaid’s Necklace – As I’ve said so many times, I love green fluorite, I think because it reminds me of beach glass. Sticking with the “beachy/mermaid” feel, I think I would probably use Green Girl Pewter Starfish Toggle Clasp to finish the piece. I love how subtle this combination is.
I have been compiling a list over the past few months of things that make for great inspirations when designing and thought that it would be nice to share an abbreviated list with all of you:
- Local Places
- Audrey Hepburn (iconic)
- Food – meals, vegetables, fruit, deserts (avoid meat for inspiration, it never feels quite right if I know my design came from a burger, ugh)
- Cake Decorating Competitions (I sometimes find myself watching these on the Food Network)
- Paintings (visit museums and galleries)
- Tropical Paradise (dreams)
- Historic Places
What is currently inspiring your designs?