Update on Lima’s New Home

Posted by Kevin on July 30 at 02:42 pm

In case you missed my post back in June, Lima is moving! It’s something we’ve needed to do for a very long time, but kept putting it off. Who would want to move tons (literally) of stones, cz, pearls, and metal? We finally broke down and got a new building…

We’re all very excited and tired. We’ve been going over to the new building after work to get it ready for the big move. Steve, Matt, and I were there until midnight last night painting the conference room and the break room. The owner of the building is also doing a lot of work to prepare it for us. Two more weeks and we should be in! I know what you’re thinking… when is the moving sale??? It’s soon. We’ve been so busy that we haven’t had time to prepare the beads for the move. Once we do that, we’ll know exactly what we want to put on sale. It may come as a ton of first come, first served items, because we have a lot of things with small quantities that we just never ended up selling :) I’ll keep you posted! Here are some photos of what’s been going on at the new space for the past couple weeks:

2 new offices taking shape

2 new offices taking shape

We had to dig a trench for the kitchen!

We had to dig a trench for the kitchen!

Steve standing in what will be our new kitchen

Steve standing in what will be our new kitchen

Playing on the scaffolding

Playing on the scaffolding

planer

Stay tuned…

1. MaryJo K
    MaryJo K says:

Good luck on your move. It looks like you all are having fun; however, I know it is a lot of hard work…many, many long hours. But won’t it be worth it! I’m coming to Michigan in a few weeks. Maybe I can get to Ann Arbor and see your new space.

2. Shannon aka Silly Chick
    Shannon aka Silly Chick says:

I am so excited for you guys! I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that I feel so invested in your success and this new growth is amazing – so well-deserved! As our society starts to (slowly) move away from the ‘corporate’ model and toward smaller, more customer focused businesses, I look at LB as a successful example of that – a close-knit group folks doing what they love! And because you keep yourselves open and accessible you have customers who are uber-loyal and genuinely care about all of you! Congratulations and much love to all!

And (Steve?) stop puttin’ your hands in the equipment! You’re gonna hurt yourself! :)

3. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

Congratulations on your new space!! I’m sure you all are tired because moving is no easy task. Just be careful and enjoy seeing the fruitage of your labor. Your loyal customers will stay right here with you as your advancement unfolds!

Mirjam E says:

Exciting times! You must be exhausted, working so many hours. But I’m sure the new office will be worth it. Just think of the comforts to come! Good luck!

Congrats!!! :D

Just a quick (important) tip: DO NOT fall off of the scaffolding! My friend fell off when she & I were building a drop-ceiling during the missions trip and now she has a broken arm! ;)

btw: don’t ever say I didn’t warn ya! ;)

7. Shannon aka Silly Chick
    Shannon aka Silly Chick says:

Ah – words to live by Little Chick! But boys will be boys! :)

I hope the construction and your move goes smoothly! Bend at the knees when lifting and ALWAYS wear safety glasses with power tools!! LOL
    I’m so glad your business is successful! I hope your business continues to prosper!

9. Jane MS
    Jane MS says:

I agree with Shannon, I feel emotionally invested in your venture. It’s almost as if you are our personal buyers.

Very true Silly Chick! (that’s kinda why I said “don’t ever say I didn’t warn ya”!) :D

I’m getting so excited for all of you, NEW DIGS … YAY!!! :D Do follow Little Chick’s advice though, and be careful … yes, you are MEN, and must do mannly things … but remember … broken bones are not at all mannly. ;)

Sorry it took me so long to respond, Shannon… I need to type with one hand now! :) haha

13. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

Great job on the new digs, guys. Can’t wait to see more pics. Looks like its going to be gorgeous when you’re done. BTW, my last boxed order came through with flying colours. Many thanks.

14. Shannon aka Silly Chick
    Shannon aka Silly Chick says:

Steve, One hand, huh? Now THAT’S dedication! :) HAHAHA!!!

15. Chicky Chicky Blueroze
    Chicky Chicky Blueroze says:

Congratulations Lima Beads on your new office space. I love your website and everyone here. It feels like one big huge warm happy family. When I first found this site, I thought “oh its just another bead site”, but was I wrong. This is such a fun place to be and in my opinion the best beading site on the web. You guys deserve your new space and we will continue to buy from you.

16. Tootz
    Tootz says:

Enjoy your move now it could be in the winter or at Christmas or at inventory time. All of these times could make the move more like a mad house. So just enjoy the pleasure of slowly putting up walls, bathrooms, lunchroom, showcases, opening 10ton cases of gems at your slow pace Ha HA Sandy

Thanks for letting us share in the big move along with you! Love the “work in progress” photos!

Steve, do you need some assistance from AquaKitty in freeing your other hand so you can have both of them available for typing? ;-)

Once again, I am so happy for all of you and look forward to being a part of your “family” for many years! :D

18. Cotopaxi Chickie Sue
    Cotopaxi Chickie Sue says:

How exciting for you! The space looks huge – but I’ll bet you fill it up in no time! I’m sure I speak for us all that we hope everything goes smoothly, and i think we’d all lend a hand in fixing up your digs if we could! I’ve shopped a lot of websites, but this feels like home, and I just don’t want to be anywhere else! I’m looking forward to many more years with all of you!

This is so excting! I remember the feeling when we were building our current house (a lot of anticipation mixed with pride, sweat and a bit of nervousness).

Thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of it!

Alice

20. Leslie W Mtn Chick
    Leslie W Mtn Chick says:

My first thought… What great windows you have!!! I’m a sunlover myself, and Kevin will get lots of healing sunshine during the dead of winter! Steve, you look so at home in this environment. Maybe this is the start of a second career for all of you in which you buy old buildings and refurbish them. I know LB is a great company, but everyone needs to get out and be physical too. Thanks for sharing with us!!!

21. Leslie W Mtn Chick
    Leslie W Mtn Chick says:

Oh, by the way, I’d be out there helping yall if I lived nearer!!

I’m so excited for all of you guys! It looks like you are having a lot of fun and THAT is as it should be!
    I’d like to echo Shannon’s comments. We are uber-loyal because of WHO you are! If all businesses in this country were run like yours…Wow! Chicks can you imagine?!!! :-D

Have fun, stay safe and I will wait as patiently as possible for all the wonderful things to come!!! ;-)

23. Chicky Suz aka Susan Z
    Chicky Suz aka Susan Z says:

A new home, very exciting! Whew, now we do not have to rely on AquaKitty for the news!

24. Claire F
    Claire F says:

Congratulations guys on your new office. Thank you for sharing with us. Take care

So glad to hear you are getting ready to move. In this age of downsizing and lay offs, it is really inspirational to hear about a great company like LB that is prospering and growing. I truly believe you will continue to have a great business based on friendly people, great service, and hard work. Enjoy your success!

LB folks, thank you very much for updating us on the status of your move to your new office space, yet another milestone for all of you! I don’t know of many other companies, whether they sell beads or not, that keep customers informed like you guys do.

In the short time that I have gotten to know all of you, along with so many other beaders here, I also feel like we are one amazing “family”! Thank you for all that you do to keep us informed, entertained and being creative with the gorgeous beads you have… agree that I sure hope that your company keeps its friendly, transparent and creative personality as you continue to grow.

oh, and… please do be careful, I know it can be so exciting to get ready for your new office space, I just want you all to be safe too! :) … I know, I should quit trying to caution ya all… :)

looks like a pleasant new space with nice natural light… good for being creative :) very zen-like… we moved just 3 years ago and it’s fresh in my memory how much work it is, phew!!! just remember to have a nice bottle(s) of champagne to celebrate your opening day & your success :)

28. Steph
    Steph says:

I guess I’ll have to break my rules of not buying for a while when that sale comes because I feel like I’m having withdrawal from getting beads, even though I still have a ton in my room. I need a permanent vacation, LOL. I love my new truck though.

29. Sali Jo GemsChica Chick
    Sali Jo GemsChica Chick says:

Great people,great product,great business!!! We’re ready when you are!

Malvika K says:

Hi Kevin and Steve,

I LOVE doing business with you. Your products are excellent and i get good quality beads every time! Congratulations on your new office!
    By the way, has your customer service number changed? Can’t get through…
    All the best and may you grow by leaps and bounds!

31. S Withrow
    S Withrow says:

Hi everyone! I love this web sight its so much fun! I have found 39 eggs with the help of my little grandson Zachary. I ordered some beads and findings and got them a day before I was to get them. I’m very happy!