Favorite Designs and more

Posted by Steve on August 10 at 11:01 am

Boy, our customers have been busy in the Design Gallery! There are over 900 designs to browse, with more being added daily. I have two quick updates that we think will make the Design Gallery more useful.

My Favorite Designs

my favorite!As of today, you now have the ability to mark a design as a “favorite.” It’s easy to maintain your favorite designs–just browse the design gallery, and when you see a design you like, just click “Add Favorite.” The design will instantly be added to your favorites list. To see your favorites list, just click “My Favorites” in the yellow bar at the top of the page when you’re browsing the gallery. So start browsing and add some favorites!

Rings, anyone?

The other thing we’ve added is a “Rings” category. As more and more rings were added to the gallery, we thought it was appropriate to give them their own space. See all the awesome rings that have been added so far!

Finally, a big THANK YOU goes out to all the customers who have helped make the Design Gallery a huge success by sharing your work! If you’d like to share your work, just head on over to the gallery and add your design!

1. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

Thanks Steve, all these wonderful ideas are making this site even better (as if that was possible). Adding our favourites is just a fantically super idea. Thanks again.

THANK YOU!!! Steve, adding a “favorites” category to the Design Gallery is a life saver — well, at least it’s a time saver! LOL I plan to put that to good use starting today! :D

Nice to have “rings” in their own category, too! I love to make rings and will have to post some pix of them.

Has it been decided where we should post pix of our displays to share with each other? They are really helpful. :D

3. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

Those are great additions to add to the Design Gallery! Thank you LB!

4. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

Oops! That should have been ‘fantastically’

Hi Lynn, we’ll get back to you on the displays :) Working on it!

6. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

Thank you so much, Steve! I’ll start putting my favorites in today.

7. Chicky Suz aka Susan Z
    Chicky Suz aka Susan Z says:

Steve, thank, this is great!! I love seeing all the designs but now favorites! That is really cool!

Thanks, Steve! You’re the best!!! :D (Don’t tell Kevin I said that! LOL)

Thank YOU Lima team for making this such a great and interactive site!! Thanks for putting so much work into LimaBeads.com to make it, no only just functional, but the best bead website out there! And thank you for adding the “favorites” feature to the gallery!! You must have red my mind!! lol I’ve been wanting something like that!!

I now have 498 designs in my “favorites” in the Design Gallery — and, no, I didn’t just add every design to my faves!!! LOL

Wow Lynn, that really says a lot about our talented customers!

Deb D Grammy Chick says:

Thanks Steve!!! I’m constantly putting picks into my Favorites, but I really love being able to have design Favorites as well. The Gallery is growing so fast that it’s really hard to go back and find something that I really liked. Thanks again!

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

I am so glad to be able to save my favorite designs! Thanks for the upgrade!

Steve,

Thank you for further upgrading the Design Gallery so we can also save our favorite designs. You guys rock as usual, and you sure keep this website absolutely the most stimulating, creative and fun beading site!!!

Joyce

Thanks to everyone for their comments so far! We’re excited to hear that you like the addition. More is to come!

WOW! Thanks Steve! I had been wondering about such an option! When I get the chance I’ll go back and check out all the designs.

But you know, whenever you upgrade we always come up with more ideas! We are a demanding bunch aren’t we?

Having said that could it be possible that when we search beads, examples of jewelry designs using that bead/stone be shown with it? Just like the Fresh Picks are displayed with a particular bead or stone.
    As I think about it, that is probably very complicated to do. It’s just a suggestion.
    Thanks again for the upgrade!!
    :-D

Steve, I really tried to be super-selective and narrow down my choices, but, well, you know, one click led to another……and pretty soon I had 498! ROTFLOL I didn’t even put my own designs into my faves because that seemed a little weird, even for me! LOL I know I haven’t posted many yet, but more will be headed your way soon! ;-)

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

I’m looking forward to the “more to come”!!!

:D

20. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

Steve, does the “more to come” involve sterling silver?

Vee aka Dream Chickie says:

Very cool! Thanks Steve!!! :)

22. Cathy H Chocolate Chick
    Cathy H Chocolate Chick says:

Thanks, Steve!!! As I browsed the design gallery, I wished that I could save my favorite designs. How did you know what I was thinking??? Your web site is the BEST!

23. Cotopaxi Chickie Sue
    Cotopaxi Chickie Sue says:

Steve, you and the LB team ROCK!! the design gallery was getting too big to go back and look to favorite designs for inspiration – and now, you’ve made it possible to save them! How could we ask for a better partner??

24. WireWrangler
    WireWrangler says:

Thank you! Great and welcome addition!
    As Mary S said, more ideas…..if you please?
    Could you add a category for wire work, metal??
    Thanks as always!

Thanks Steve, and all the LB staff who make this such a fun interactive site. I think you may have been reading minds about the favorites lists for designs!! LOL
    I really liked the suggestion about designs lists that highlight the various stones. Sounds complicated, tho’. A category for wirework might be easier to pull together.

Fashion Chick, you’ll have to wait and see! :)

seashellsally, I like your suggestion. We’re open to adding new categories in the future, so we’ll let you know!

Harriet and Mary S, we are investigating that possibility right now. You’re right, it’s not easy–but we hope we can find some way to help connect designs with our stones!

27. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

Steve, I’ve got a feeling that we are in for a real treat!! I know your lips are sealed about all the goodies in store for all the devoted Lima shoppers. I can’t wait!! Care to drop a clue or two?

Fashion Chick, Steve is being his ususal cryptic self! LOL Maybe our hero AquaKitty will be able to loosen his lips…… ;-)

I knew that didn’t look right!!! LOL ususal = usual

30. ChickyD aka Debra
    ChickyD aka Debra says:

That’s wonderful news, Steve! Thank you so much! I can hardly wait to start gathering together my favorit designs! Thanks again!

31. Little Round Chick
    Little Round Chick says:

Steve, I applaud your computer skills. You have made this interactive site a wonderful place to exchange ideas and information. Kudos, Hip Hip Hurray, Great Job and every other positive comment. Ya done good, Kid. My thanks to you and all of the wonderful folks at Lima Beads.

I do believe Little Round Chick has spoken the truth on behalf of all of us…… 8)

33. KPJEWELS