Design Gallery announcement

Posted by Steve on September 21 at 11:48 am

jewelry displayTo all designers (everyone reading this blog, right? :) )… I have a short announcement about the Design Gallery. Some people have expressed a desire to share their displays, spreads, and booths from craft shows. We wanted to give these pictures a home of their own, so we created a new “Displays” area in the gallery. If you’ve got a display to share (or any other jewelry you’ve made lately), head on over to the gallery and add your design!

We’ll surely be adding more categories to the Design Gallery in the future. Do you have any ideas of what the categories should be? Remember, we’d like to keep everything focused on beading and jewelry, so we’re primarily looking at wearable, beading related ideas. We’d love to know what you think for the future!

What a great idea!! :-D

2. Kathryn Lobert
    Kathryn Lobert says:

Oh my gosh – what incredible timing!! I have been asked to do a jewelry show for the teachers at a local school and I have been a nervous wreck trying to figure out display techinques!! I am grateful for any suggestions – especially the kind that cost little to nothing to put together:)

shimmer chick says:

it is always nice to see people’s displays. thanks!

How about a “Pendants” category? :D

Great idea, Steve! :D

How about a category for “Tips”? This would be different from the instructions that get posted on the individual designs in the Gallery. :D

Why are “comments closed” on Jeanne’s display? Inquiring minds want to know…… ;)

7. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

Steve, I like Lynn’s suggestion for a “Tips” category. This would prove beneficial for those of us interested in learning new techniques.

Oops, Lynn! :) The closed comments were an error on our part. All fixed now!

Thanks, Steve! :D

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

Hey Lynn -
    Thanks for sticking up for me!

Anytime, Jeanne, anytime….. ;)

12. Cotopaxi Chickie Sue
    Cotopaxi Chickie Sue says:

Steve, thanks so much for the display category! I also like the ideas above, for ‘pendants’ and ‘tips’! :D

13. J Fish
    J Fish says:

this is a great idea :) Awesome job, Steve!

KWB DESIGNS says:

Wow… this is awesome. I have my first “jewelry party” end of October… I’m so nervous about it!
    If anyone has any pictures or tips on that, please please please pass on… I’ll be much appreciative!

15. Steph
    Steph says:

I think Lima is going to have an overload from all of us beaders out there pretty soon is what I think. we all have so much to add. I’m making a decorative piece with drift wood and shell beads to hang, so if there’s a category for odds and ends maybe. There are endless things I can imagine to do with beads. On clothing but I haven’t it yet tried yet, my mother does quilting too.

16. Pam
    Pam says:

What a great idea! And great timing too! I’ve been looking at different websites and trying to figure how to set up a booth this weekend! I’ve done craft shows in the past but this will be my first for jewelry. Thanks so much!

Starsparkle Spiral Chick says:

I definitely think a category for wirework would be a good idea! :D

18. Leslie W Mtn Chick
    Leslie W Mtn Chick says:

Tips would be greatly appreciated. I know a lot of people ask for information about specific designs and many “tips” are shared there, but never get seen by “all” because there are just too many awesome designs (and that means all of them!) to view and comment on. I personally went into overload and now just view things. How could we move the tips shared in the designs section to general tips??? I just knew you needed a new challenge, Steve!!!

If anyone can handle the challenge, it’s Steve!!! Steve, Steve, he’s our man! If he can’t do it, no one can!!! :D :D :D

20. Styles by M
    Styles by M says:

Hey that is my display in the photo!!! I love setting up displays and using decorations from around the house to put together the perfect displays.. Thanks for using my photo!

HELP!!! I love this idea, but I can’t get my new display pictures into the Display category. It keeps going into miscelaneous. How do I get it where it need to be?

Hi Harriet,
    I just sent you a message in the Garden about this. I’ll help you out.

Faithful Chick aka Faith says:

I think this was before I found Lima Bead site. I just thought since it had displays highlighted it might have the pictures of peoples displays.

Faithful Chick aka Faith says:

Kitty Mom Linda I thought also you might enjoy hearing similar comments to know others have been in your boat. I hope to be in there someday could I ever create enought to sell.

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”