Lima Beads, Chapter 2

Posted by Kevin on September 24 at 03:34 pm

If you’re an avid Lima Beads fan, you know that we’ve been talking about adding chain, findings, wire, and more metal beads for years!

As far back as I, Ali, or Steve can remember, we’ve always spent the majority of our time focusing on our line of gemstone beads. We wanted to build a line of stones we could be proud of and we all feel really good about what we’ve done so far, but it is time to expand. We wanted to expand much sooner, but as many of you know we just moved into a new building and our old office space made it impossible to add new products lines.

Lima Beads has Chain!

Lima Beads has chain!

We’ve spent over a year researching and quality testing chain, wire, findings, and metal bead lines. We’ve chosen a lineup that we know we can be proud of and that we feel will be a great addition to the Lima Beads family.

In the coming weeks, you’ll be seeing thousands of new items, including:

• Over 100 styles of chain in 5 different metals
  • 1000′s of metal beads
  • Findings, such as: earwires, headpins, eyepins, leverbacks, clasps, links/connectors, bails, lobster clasps, etc. in sterling, copper, and gold-filled.
  • A full line of TierraCast beads and findings
  • Wire
  • A wide variety of metal beads and charms

But, is Lima Beads still going to be focused on gemstone beads and its other product lines?

Yes! Have no fear, we have big plans for our other lines as well. A huge load of new gemstone beads is on the way here as I’m writing this. Ali tells me that we also have some crazy cool new designs on the way from Green Girl Studios.

With that, we all take a big, deep breath (ahhhhhhhh) now that we’ve gotten the ball rolling on these lines.

Let us know what you think as we continue to add items!

1. cottagecharms
    cottagecharms says:

I was on the site already (ordering as usual!) when I noticed the new categories on the left-very exciting and great new items! Thankyou for trying to provide what we need! (OK and want LOL)

2. ChickyD aka Debra
    ChickyD aka Debra says:

Yay! I can hardly wait to check them all out! I love to make “Y” necklaces,and I always need chain to do that. You guys are the best! Thanks!!!!!

3. Chicky ChaCha
    Chicky ChaCha says:

Awesome news! Can I request some 3″ SS headpins with the balls on the end? I use them a lot and also some longer SS ear wires without the coils so much and with the little SS ball on it? If that makes sense! Looking forward to the new items! :)

4. lizbeads
    lizbeads says:

Wa-Hoo! One step closer to one stop shopping for all our design needs!
    And I agree with Chicky ChaCha aka Mary – some quality metal findings, please!

5. Mommykat Bubbly Chick
    Mommykat Bubbly Chick says:

I am so excited about this! LB is already the primary site I order from, and if I can get all my silver product here, it would make it so much easier!
    I would like to know are you considering carrying wire- sterling, copper, ect in different gauges? I know that many of us beaders have been working with wire wrapping, so that would be helpful too! Keep up all the great work~!

6. CC
    CC says:

First, Kevin, thank you and the rest of the LB gang for adding the new items. I agree with Mary more sterling please!! Okay and since we are on the wish list…..SS wire- not just round but 1/2 round and square too, Please!!!! :D

7. Fashion Chick aka SC
    Fashion Chick aka SC says:

Thanks so much for expanding to meet the needs of your customers!! I’m looking forward to all the new things still ahead here at Lima’s. I hope crimp beads will be included in your line up along with jump rings.

8. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

Thank you LB for getting all the new stuff. I know a lot of us have been waiting for SS for awhile. I am very happy to see it and all the other new stuff. I would like to see beading wire and SS crimp beads and crimp bead covers. That would definitely make this a one stop shop. LB, you want us? you got us!

9. J Fish
    J Fish says:

These additions are great! :) I’ve already surfed some of the chain, and I have one suggestion.

Put size (diameters) for the chain links in the Pics/Info section (you have these dimensions listed for one of the SS chains, but the others are blank). Thanks again!

10. Wemai Coffee Chick
    Wemai Coffee Chick says:

This is just great! You’re getting better and better! I really look forward to what’s coming next! :-) Thanks to you all!

11. Atomic Toad
    Atomic Toad says:

Lima Beads is awesome. I am consistently impressed. Congrats on the new additions and thanks!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :-D :-D :-D

WOW — I am totally blown away by the new offerings today!!! To quote one of my fave songs — “At last….” ;)

Right at this moment, I am so euphoric I can’t think of much else I would wish for except what has been mentioned above by Chicky Cha Cha, Yorkie Chick, Bubbly Chick, J Fish, and Chicky Bear. Chicky Hugs to all of you on the LB Team!!! You’re the absolute BEST!!! 8)

I forgot to say “thank you”!!! :D

15. Valentine Chick
    Valentine Chick says:

Wow LB! You promised and you delivered! You are a great team!

Mirjam E says:

Yay, chain! I love it and am looking forward to seeing all the new items in the coming weeks. I hope you’ll be adding something in the way of earring posts as well? And maybe crimp bead covers?

I’m very excited about all the new things Lima Beads is adding! Gotta save up some cash and go on a spending spree!

18. Claire F
    Claire F says:

Wow Guys!!:) I am sooooooooooo excited about new items Lima Beads has added. The new charms, chains, findings, clasps, and much more. I can’t wait to put my order in. Thank you everyone at Lima Beads. :)

19. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

Thank you, LB, this is just fantastic. Love all the new items. I’ve noticed all the new things the chickies have mentioned that we would like to have. One thing I would like to add to the list would be wire guardians. I use them for everything I make. It would be extremely nice to have tools to work with as well. Just thought I would put my two cents worth in.

I can’t wait to get into all the new items but I need to use up the stash that I have now before getting too much more. Again, many thanks, LB (the greatest site on the web).

Thank you so much for bringing in the chain and other findings!! I have gotten a few things from other sources but I would much prefer to get everything I need from one site…one stop shopping!! That leads to a question…would you ever consider bringing in glass daggers or daggers of any kind? And I also agree with 3KCHICK about the wire guardians.
    Thanks, Elaine

21. Gini Hen
    Gini Hen says:

Due to a very busy Summer Season I’ve turned all the shopping for Fall and Christmas items over to my little assistant “Lucie Chick”–Pic. above. She’s doing a fine job, and I was amazed at the speed with which she was accomplishing her tasks until she ‘fessed up and admitted that she needn’t go anywhere but Lima Beads for nearly everything we use! Thanks for all the new additions, reasonable prices and remarkably speedy service,–as well as the pleasant, helpful staff! Keep up the great work! Sincerely, Gini Hen & Lucie Chick

Dortha C says:

Its exciting to have all of this at my fingertips. I have became so addicted to making beautiful jewelry and look forward to the challenge of something new to work with.

23. Leigh D
    Leigh D says:

I love all the new findings and chain! It definately makes it easier when you can get all of your beading needs at one place! I was wondering if you were going to carry the Vintaj chain as well? Thanks!!

You continue to please us with your quality approach to supplying our beading needs. Thanks. :D

Andrew M says:

Thanks for all the feedback on the new metal section! The first thing we were able to address is the size charts and measurements for each of the new chains. This should make it easier to pick the perfect size.

We are adding a lot of new products in the coming weeks, so stay tuned if you don’t see what you are looking for just yet!

DragonflyDi says:

I am soooo glad you are getting into findings too. I always know the products I get from Lima will be good quality THANKS Diane C

27. Sali Jo GemsChica Chick
    Sali Jo GemsChica Chick says:

Thank you for carrying Terra Cast. They have great quality and a good price. I think this was a very good business move for you all…and it shows that you listen to what we beaders say! Sandra

28. Getta
    Getta says:

I am so excited! I just got a chance to start browsing the new stuff. You are definitely heading to be a ‘One stop shop’ for me! :)

I just received my order that includes some of the chains and I LOVE THEM!! Great quality and variety…I can hardly wait to see what LB is adding next!!
    Thanks so much!!