Halloween Pet Costumes

Posted by Ali on October 30 at 10:44 am

At Lima Beads we thought it might be fun to share our pets’ Halloween costume pictures.

Dakota

Dakota

I can honestly say that we’ve never dressed Dakota up in anything. We’ve tried our T-shirts, bandanas, and booties, but he is never very excited. So when it came time to shop for a costume, I headed to Target. I know a homemade costume would be much cuter, but I barely have time to make a pair of earrings :) I enlisted the help of Payton (17 months old) to choose the right costume. She loves Dakota and loved nothing more than the idea of dressing him up to make him even more furry and cuddly. It came down to a chicken or a squirrel and as you can see, Payton chose the squirrel.

After putting Dakota through all of this without being able to enjoy his candy, I am feeling a little guilty so I was thinking about baking him some fresh doggie treats (recipe courtesy of The Martha Stewart Show October 2009)

Izzy’s Apple Cheddar Dog Biscuits

• 2 cups barley flour
  • 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and about 3 tablespoons water to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
  3. Space biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
  4. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack. Turn off oven and place biscuits on wire rack in oven overnight. Remove from oven and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.

The rest of the Lima staff also got in on the action:

Andrew

Sammy

Sammy

This is Sammy, our 5-year old Yorkie. He’s not really the costume type and I couldn’t get anything else on him. Just getting these pics cost me 2 milk bones. I’ve had this candy corn tie forever, which apparently he didn’t mind wearing because it’s similar to a collar. He’s all set for a night on the town.

Matt

Minnie Bunnie

Minnie

Here’s our bunny Minnie! I mean our dog Minnie. Which I think most of you have already met in our “We Love Our Pets” post. She’s generally pretty easy going, so dressing her up in ridiculous costumes is loads of fun. The ashamed look on her face is the only reason we don’t dress her up more often. If she only knew how cute she was…

Steve

Reesey

Reesey

This year, Reesey wanted to have a little more bite with her bark, so we fashioned a tiger dog coat and booties. It was a tight fit, but I think she appreciated the ferocious twist on her typically laid-back personality! That is, until she shook the whole thing off.

You!

Do you have a photo of your pet all dressed up? Submit it in the comments below!

1. Mayan Chick - Lilly
    Mayan Chick - Lilly says:

They all look so cute!!!

2. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

They do look cute. Poor things…only people like their dogs dressed up. The dogs don’t like it at all! We have cats and they wouldn’t even begin to let us put a costume on them!

Tara, I can confirm this :)

4. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

Two of my cats don’t have claws in their front paws, but I guarantee that I would have scratches and bites if I tried to costume them. :) That would be my costume! A wild cat attack victim!

5. Atomic Toad
    Atomic Toad says:

Wally is anti-costume, go figure. But we’ve got this shot from last year with Ryan’s Grim Reaper mask.

Attachment

6. movie chick aka susan
    movie chick aka susan says:

they are all so cute…thanks for sharing!…I do not think that my dogs would sit still long enough to get a picture…they would definitely work to gether to get out of the costumes ;)

E spitler-parker says:

This is Basil! She is a chinese crested, you know , those hairless dogs, I think she looks good as Count Basilacula, LOL

Attachment Attachment

E spitler-parker says:

Attachment Attachment

Are you a good witch or a bad witch? :)

Attachment Attachment Attachment

Very funny pictures! LOL
    As for my cat, she would claw bloody strips off of my hide if I tried this. Belle is a 6 toed cat, and all of her toes have claws.

rushed to get the pics up and neglected to say love all the cute pics and big hugs for all the pets who put up with us crazy people. :)

Cute photos! I have two large dogs, one that never lets us touch him (got him from the shelter) and the other who would tear a costume off before we reached for the camera.

Yep, our two big dogs would not stand for any sort of costume (unless maybe a lease is involved) to be on them. But the pictures that were posted are so cute!!! :-D

Sorry, I meant leash, not lease. It’s late and apparently I don’t know how to spell after 9:00 PM! ;-)

15. Sali Jo GemsChica Chick
    Sali Jo GemsChica Chick says:

These are ALL adorable! I love the second picture of Mystic Chick’s dog…she looks like “OMG, here they go again….”

My guinea pig, Gypsy.

Attachment

17. Mommykat Bubbly Chick
    Mommykat Bubbly Chick says:

Gypsy is so pretty! :D

She sure is (and very fluffy and cuddly)! :D

Faithful Chick aka Faith says:

Great guiniea pig costume. looks like he doesn’t mind.

20. Sali Jo GemsChica Chick
    Sali Jo GemsChica Chick says:

Love the Guinea pig!! We used to have one named Miss Piggy who mysteriously turned out to be Mr Piggy!

Thanks girls! She really didn’t!!!

You’re kidding GemsChica Chick!!! My mom used to have a guinea pig named Miss Piggy!

Ya know, last year when we got our chickens we named one Elvyra and later we noticed she had very “bright” feathers…she later turned out to be a rooster!!! So now her/his name is Elvis! :D

Elvis

Attachment

23. pug lover
    pug lover says:

Happy Howl-o-ween!

Attachment

24. Steph
    Steph says:

Oh my god I love the guinea pig gypsy, that is too cute.

25. Leigh D
    Leigh D says:

OMG – these are all too cute! The pugs as Yoda and Leia are priceless!

Thanks Steph!

Deb D Grammy Chick says:

These pics are absolutely adorable!! :D My cats + costumes = DISASTER!!! ;) But since their names are Halloween and Casper, they fit right in with the holiday even without costumes!

28. Sali Jo GemsChica Chick
    Sali Jo GemsChica Chick says:

OMG the puggies are DARLING!!!!

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”