Meet the $500 Shopping Spree Winner

Posted by Steve on October 22 at 10:00 am

Shopping Spree for TraciEver since the early days at Lima Beads, we’ve had a $500 shopping spree that we award to a very lucky beader every few months. Last time around, we had the pleasure of calling Traci from Dayton, Ohio to tell her that she was the winner of the shopping spree–and boy, was she surprised! We caught up with Traci over e-mail and she told us a little more about herself. We thought it would be fun to share a few facts about our latest winner…

Traci makes Fresh Picks, too!

Traci makes Fresh Picks!

Traci has been a part of the Lima Beads community for almost a year, and her mother in law told her about the web site. She makes mostly necklaces, but really wants to learn how to make earrings. (Note to Traci: check out the earrings in the Design Gallery!) With the $500 winnings, she plans to buy a lot of beads–like many of you, she’s planning on making necklaces for Christmas presents this year. But she’s not going to give everything away… she plans on keeping some for herself, too :)

The next $500 shopping spree contest is on December 31, 2009. So make sure to get signed up if you haven’t already!

Now for some daydreaming…what would you buy with the $500 if you are our next winner? Which lucky people would you make jewelry for?

1. Sali Jo GemsChica Chick
    Sali Jo GemsChica Chick says:

Congrats Traci!!!!!!!!!! WOWZA What a fabulous prize!!! Have fun shopping!

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Congrats Traci Great shopping!!

kitty mom jb says:

Congrats Traci-have fun shopping! I could easily blow through $500 on this site!

Congratulations Traci!!!! You go girl! I can just imagine all the fun you are going to have choosing all those beads!!!
    What a great early Christmas present!
    :-D

5. Mommykat Bubbly Chick
    Mommykat Bubbly Chick says:

Happy Spending!

6. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

Congratulations Traci! I bet you will have SO much fun looking through all the wonderful things that Lima has to offer here!
    Enjoy choosing your goodies and then making wonderful gifts too!

7. FaeryGoth Chick
    FaeryGoth Chick says:

Congratulations Traci!! I am so happy for you :-) Enjoy the shopping!

8. Dora H
    Dora H says:

Congats Traci on the shopping spree !!!

9. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

Congratulations Traci. Have a wonderful time shopping for those beads! You can buy some of those expensive ones.

10. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Congrats Traci…. :)

11. Janz Joolz
    Janz Joolz says:

Traci! You’re the winner!! Good for you, and happy shoppin’!

Congratulations Traci–lucky you!

If I were to win $500 I would buy all the beads on my wish list and chain. Lots and lots of chain!

Traci, congrats on winning the $500 shopping spree!!! How exciting for you!!! I’ve enjoyed your Fresh Picks — now you need to post some photos of your designs in the Gallery so we can admire those, too!

I would have no trouble spending the $500 — there are so many beautiful new items that I would love to have!

I love to make jewelry as gifts for my friends — they genuinely seem to love them and wear the pieces often. They’ve been encouraging me to sell my pieces for a long time now (besides to them! LOL), so that’s what I’ve started doing. :D With the beauty and quality of LB’s gems, my designs are always first-class!

14. Jewelry Z
    Jewelry Z says:

Wow! I’m jealous. Congrats on the win. You know I got to sign up now!

15. Jewelry by Shannon
    Jewelry by Shannon says:

Traci, hi! CONGRATULATIONS on winning the shopping spree. What fun it will be to add things to your shopping cart and not have to worry about paying for them. LOL! And so many pretty things to choose from from Lima Beads! Happy Beading (and Shopping!!!). SLS

Faithful Chick aka Faith says:

Congrats Traci. I know you’ll have fun trying to decide what to buy with your winnings. I live in sunny Florida; but used to live in Covington Ohio. Won’t say how many years. Still have kids and grandkids in Ohio and 1 daughter and grandson over in Tampa (almost 3 hours away). Glad to hear a young person cares about her Momma enough to make beautiful things for her. Cherish your times together.

17. SweetPea
    SweetPea says:

Hey Traci! Congratulations on your “BIG WIN”!! With all the beautiful gems & findings from LB, you’ll have no problem shopping & spending. Have fun!!!

Margareta says:

Congratulations to you, Traci!! I envy you a little, okay! :-D
    If I’d be so lucky to win, I’d pamper myself, my sisters would get just what they want, they are my biggest fans ;-) )
    I’d make one ‘Coco Chanel’ pearl necklace, too… haha…

19. Cotopaxi Chickie Sue
    Cotopaxi Chickie Sue says:

Congratulations, Traci! I’m sure you’ll have no problem spending $500 here, especially with all the new items! Your problem will probably be WHAT to buy with your winnings! :D

20. CarolynJ
    CarolynJ says:

How do you sign up to win the next gift certificate if you’re already on your email list?

Hi Avalon, just head over to the contest page and type in your e-mail. We’ll make sure you’re counted :)