A Smarter Shopping Bag

Posted by Steve on November 21 at 05:48 pm

My Shopping BagYou may have noticed that it’s been a little quiet around the blog lately. That’s because we’ve been working on something top secret that we think is going to help everyone in a big way when you shop at Lima Beads. Starting today, the Shopping Bag just got a lot smarter!

Easy Shopping from Different Computers

We have so many ways to get special deals (daily Fresh Pick sale, the Big Green Bead Machine, Lima Lunch Specials), but it wasn’t easy to do all your shopping from different computers or locations… until now. As long as you’re signed into your account, your shopping bag will be available from any computer, at any location. All your special deals will stay with you!

More Informative

Price ExpirationWhen you have a special deal in your shopping bag that expires (from the Bead Machine, for example), the shopping bag now tells you when it will expire. Moving your mouse over the clock gives you additional information, and you can even sort your shopping bag by expiration time to get a look at how much time you have left on your deals.

Shipping Estimates

Estimate ShippingAnother new feature we just launched is the ability to get a shipping estimate right from your shopping bag. This will be ultra-helpful for holiday shopping when shipping times are so critical!

Have Feedback?

We’re always happy to get your feedback so we can improve your experience with our web site. Have something to say? Leave a comment below!

1. Kevin
    Kevin says:

My favorite part of the new shopping bag is that the items will last much longer. Our old shopping bag used to delete your items if you didn’t come back within 4 days, which I know frustrated a lot of people. Now, as long as you log in to save your cart, your items should never disappear!

Faithful Chick aka Faith says:

Oh thank you Kevin. What a pleasant surprise. Thank you, thank you. I just love LIMA BEADS!

3. ChickyD aka Debra
    ChickyD aka Debra says:

Love it! Thank you! I always check the new arrivals at work and start adding them to my cart. Then I remember it won’t show up at home so I delete it and just hope I remember. No worries now, though!

4. Pam
    Pam says:

Outstanding! I watch from work and from home so this will help a lot! Thanks LB Team!

RubberT aka Plucky Chick says:

Thank you, Kevin. Another question: Somewhere I have a coupon code. Is it in an email, a shipping receipt, or on a separate letter? I just need to know where to look!
    Do coupon codes ever expire?

Looks great…I love the clock and the days/hours left on a deal, it does make things way easier!! Thanks LB!! :-D

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

I am so excited! You know I’ve had a lot of trouble with my deals disappearing. Hope this helps!

Plucky Chick, it would have been on the “thank you” letter you got with your beads. I’ll send you a message in the Garden with your code. You can save your coupons for as long as you want… but remember they’re only good for one use each.

Jeanne, I’m excited to hear if this helps you out!

Thank you! You guys are the best!

At my show this weekend many people asked where I get my beads. One lady had been away from beading for a year and wanted to get back into it again. I shared with her all the great things at LB and I think she’s really excited to check you out!

I check back in with you guys this morning and I see you’ve made things even better!!
    LB Rocks!!

smartest shopping bag I’ve ever come across! :)

11. Steph
    Steph says:

Like I said this is the best site by far out there. If only I could manage to buy my whole wish list. Someday, LOL Keep up the great work LIMA team

12. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

You guys are the best. I love shopping at Lima Beads….better than any local bead shop I’ve gone to!

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

You guys are the best.

14. Seema M
    Seema M says:

Thanks a lot Steve…now I dont have to email you everytime things in my cart disappear. Great job Lima team!!

And Another great advancement in service appears at Lima Beads!!! You are the greatest!!! Thank you so much! :D

I have now used my “new & improved” shopping bag and it is wonderful!!! Like Jeanne, I haven’t lost anything I’ve put in my bag — all items have stayed there until I’ve been ready to purchase them! Thanks so much, Steve! :D

OK, my hubby wants you to quit making it so easy for me to buy things from you. ;)

Mine too! ;)

Christina j says:

this egg hunt is driving me crazy

20. Green Eyed Lady Chick
    Green Eyed Lady Chick says:

Happy Easter to the Lb gang and all the chicks! Have a wonderful and
    egg-citing day!!!

Deb D Grammy Chick says:

Happy Easter to everyone…The super wonderful LB Team, all my Chicks, and every enthusiastic beader out there!!! I wish you all a special and joyous day! :D :D :D

• diamonddustshoediamonddustshoe said »
    “I need to teach assertiveness training to the little slips with my …”
  • Y BuonamiciY Buonamici said »
    “Thank you for the great egg hunt! This is my second …”
  • Beadzilla aka WandaBeadzilla aka Wanda said »
    “Thank you so much for the fun Easter egg hunt! I just …”
  • Drema CDrema C said »
    “thanks i had fun when is the next contest …”
  • Susan SchroederSusan Schroeder said »
    “Congratulations to everyone who was on the leaderboard! THAT had to …”
  • No PhotoC Kappler said »
    “This was my first time doing the egg hunt. I had so …”