Fresh Pick Challenge: Valentine’s DayPosted by Matt on February 11 at 11:16 am
We love Valentine’s Day so much around here, that we wanted to give you all a special Valentine surprise. We’re introducing the first ever, official Fresh Pick Challenge! Some dedicated Lima Beaders came up with this idea last year and we thought it looked like lots of fun. The theme for this contest is Valentine’s Day!
We’re giving away $25 gift certificates to the winners of each of the following categories:
- Best Composition: The overall composition is one of the most important qualities of a beautiful Fresh Pick. It’s what makes our Fresh Picks so unique. Creating the best possible product arrangement is key to winning this category.
- Best Use of Color: When it comes to beading, is there anything more important than color? It doesn’t necessarily have to be all pinks, reds and purples. Maybe your favorite romantic movie, love song, or the restaurant of your first date inspires you!
- Most Creative Title: Some of the names you all come up with are truly amazing! Although we’re focusing on the title in this category, it’s important that your picks suit the name.
- Best Story: We know how you love to write stories to go along with your Fresh Picks. That’s why we’re going to read each and every description that you take the time to write. But please, try to keep it as short as you can! I have the feeling that we’re going to have a lot of story-tellers submitting their picks.
- People’s Choice: We want our Pickers to make the call! The Fresh Pick with the most favorites will win this prize. Even if you’re not submitting a pick, be sure to add your favorite fresh picks to, well, your favorites!
It’s now easier than ever to add one of your Fresh Picks to your blog comments! When you’re ready to submit your Pick, just select it from the drop-down menu in the comment form below. You’ll see your 10 most recent picks. Chose the one that you’d like to submit to the contest and “Voila!” Not sure what a Fresh Pick is? Find out on the Design Your Own Fresh Picks page!
Let me lay down a few ground rules before you get started:
- Only one (1) submision allowed per person. If you make multiple submissions, only your most recent one will be counted.
- You must create a pick specifically for this contest. We all love recycling too, but we want to see some awesome new picks!
- All Picks must be submitted as a comment on this blog post by Sunday, February 14th at midnight.
Here’s the Tricky Part
You have to use at least one product from ANY of these stones:
IMPORTANT: You DO NOT have to include one product of each stone! We’re not that cruel.
All you have to do is create a new Fresh Pick and upload it in your comment below. Now, get Picking!