Valentine’s Day Challenge Results!

Posted by Matt on February 15 at 03:06 pm

I’d say our first-ever official Fresh Pick challenge was an overwhelming success with almost 100 entries in 4 days! A big “thank you” to everyone who participated in the contest.

Before I announce the winners, I’d just like to say that we had a really hard time picking just one pick for each of the categories. It was obvious that a lot of time, reflection and love were put into every one.

Here are the winners of the $25 Gift Certificates:
25152

Best Composition: Mirjam E’s “Happiness is a Blue Boat

When you look at this pick, it’s hard to break down why it’s so nice to look at. That’s one of the keys to a great composition. What we really liked about this pick is the way the wide range of stones were arranged to make a cohesive, visually-appealing piece. Beautiful pick!

25182

Best Use of Color: Wemai Coffee Chick’s “Once Upon a Time

Using Ruby Impression Jasper and Apatite together is a pretty bold move. Doing it alongside the pairing of Ammonite and Shibuichi and a great supporting cast of pinks and aquas is brilliant. Great work!

25087

Most Creative Title: CAS’s “Your Heart is My Home

Not only does the title embody Valentine’s Day, this is a great looking pick! We love the subtle use of metal charms to tell the story.

25214

Best Story: KarenDe-Challenge Chick’s “Faces of Love

One line in the description says it all: “a grandmother and grandfather in sepia wedding day splendor – a celebration of love.” But, we’re also blown away by the vintage look and feel of the pick.

25014

People’s Choice: Cuban Queen Crazy Chick’s “Sweet as Lilies

It’s the pick with the most favorites, but I think all of us here agree with our little community on this one. The colors, the composition, the title, and the story are all top-notch. It feels like there’s an organic color progression between the Champagne pearls, Rutilated Quartz, multi Moonstone, and Peach Jade. Finally, the addition of the onyx CZ is very clever. Truly inspiring!

The winners will receive their Gift Certificate code in a message from me in The Garden. If for some reason you didn’t get the message, just let me know in the comments.

Again, we really appreciate everyone who contributed to make this contest so successful. Hopefully, we’ll have another one of these up our sleeve in the coming months. With the baby boom coming up soon, who knows what’s going to happen next…

Vampire Chickie Ravin says:

Grats to all the winners! You all deserve it! WOOT!! Way to go! :D

2. Crazy Chick Frida
    Crazy Chick Frida says:

Congratulation to yall!

3. Harmony on Strings
    Harmony on Strings says:

Likewise, Congratulations to all.

4. Smoky Rose
    Smoky Rose says:

Congratulations, Winners! – they’re all beautiful! :)

5. Mommykat Bubbly Chick
    Mommykat Bubbly Chick says:

Oh, great job Mirjam, Wenche, Christine, Karen & Ivy! Alright girls, your picks ‘rock’

Deb D Grammy Chick says:

Congratulations to all of you! These picks are all awesome! :D

7. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

Congratulations to everyone! Way to go!

8. Bella Chick aka Chill
    Bella Chick aka C Hill says:

Congrats, everyone! LB keep up the contests…they bring out the creative best in us all and we love a challenge! Thanks, LB!

9. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

Congratulations all of you!

congrats to y’all!

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

Congratulations to all!

12. Chicky Suz aka Susan Z
    Chicky Suz aka Susan Z says:

Great contest, congrats to the winners!!

Congrats to all the winners!

14. Wemai Coffee Chick
    Wemai Coffee Chick says:

I can’t believe it!! :-) Thanks to the LB team and congrats to Mirjam, Christine, Karen and Ivy!

I can hardly wait for the next surprise that LB has in store for us.. ..my congratulations to all the winners; I can certainly see why they were picked!! Great job!! :-D

Congrats to all the winners of the challenge — they certainly deserve it!!! The challenge was a lot of fun! :D

17. K Palumbo
    K Palumbo says:

Very Nice!!

18. Sali Jo GemsChica Chick
    Sali Jo GemsChica Chick says:

I’d like to thank my first grade teacher, my swim excersize coach and my….my….what??? Oh……oh well! Congrats to all you talented girls! You keep inspiring us!

19. SweetPea
    Sweet Pea says:

Congratulations! These were all beautiful picks…I can see why it was such a difficult task choosing the winners.

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!!

21. Eeka Mouse
    Eeka Mouse says:

Congratulations to all the winners! Your picks are inspiring. I can’t wait to see what you create with your prize beads…

22. Dragons Chicky
    Dragons Chicky says:

Congratulations to all! :D

23. Purple Chick aka Violet
    Purple Chick aka Violet says:

Congrats to all the winners !!!!
    Gorgeous picks !!!!!

24. Jewelry by Shannon
    Jewelry by Shannon says:

Wow, congrats to you all … great pics and stories! Thank you!! SLS

25. Green Eyed Lady Chick
    Green Eyed Lady Chick says:

Congrats to all the winners!
    beautiful pics…Thanks LB for a fun contest!

!!!!!! You don’t know how EXCITED I am that I’m one of the winners!!! :D With all the new fabulous beads that just came out, I’m going to have a ball shopping! Thank you to everyone who favorited my pick. Thank you Lima Beads for this fun contest! Congrats to Mirjam, Wemai, Christine, and Karen for your wonderful winning picks as well! Let’s go shopping, girls!! :D

Mega congrats to the winners!! Your picks are beautiful!! You have to show us what you make with the beads you buy!! ;D Please!!
    This was fun! Thanks Lima team for the cool contest and chance at Lima cash!!

28. Chippy Chick aka Lindys
    Chippy Chick aka Lindys says:

Congrats to all the winners!!! Beautiful pics! Thanks to the staff of LB for all the fun and hard work of choosing the winners! Can’t wait to see what’s next! Gotta have another egg hunt, or maybe a chicky hunt this year!!!

Mirjam E says:

I can’t believe I’ve won something! Thanks Lima Beads! And congratulations to the other winners. I’ve always loved all the Lima Beads contests, but now I love them even more ;)

30. WaterburyJewels
    WaterburyJewels says:

Congratulations to you all!!!

31. Reclaimed Vintage
    Reclaimed Vintage says:

Really, really beautiful and eye-catching!!

32. KarenDe-Challenge Chick
    KarenDe-Challenge Chick says:

I can’t tell you how much I needed a boost like this. Some days you just need someone to pat you on the back, and this week/month has been waiting for something good to happen. And what fun! Thanks to all of you, and I’m so-o-o glad to be back in the chickhouse! :)

Congragulations to all of the winners of this fun contest, I’m really inspired by all of the Picks here! 8) :)

Joyce

34. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

Congratulations to all the winners!!

35. Claire F
    Claire F says:

YIPEEEEEEEEEE!! Congratulations to all the winners! :)

Faithful Chick aka Faith says:

What a fun challenge this was I liked this one very much. No brain taxing trying to find crossword answers and solve puzzles (even though that was fun. Congrats to all the winners. I would not have liked to make the decision and pick the winners. The picks were wonderful and it was fun reading the stories and getting to know people a little better. Thank you Lima Beads.
    You are wonderful people to create such inspiring ideas for us.

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”