Design Gallery Feature: Lynn G

Posted by Steve on July 22 at 10:20 am

In between all of the busy work it takes to put up new beads on our web site every week (not to mention ship out all the orders!), we make sure to keep a close eye on all of the inspiring work being done in the Design Gallery. Our customers really have amazing talent! One of those designers that caught our eye recently is Lynn G. Have you seen her PMC pendants? They’re awesome! Check out all her designs.

Some of Lynn's PMC Pendants

Some of Lynn's PMC Pendants

I corresponded with Lynn over e-mail to ask a few questions about her experience & inspiration with her work in PMC and beyond. I hope you enjoy some great information she was able to share.

Getting Started with PMC

Lynn says: “It all started when I wanted to add something different to my jewelry, and I started checking out books from the library, and came across PMC. I read them and I decided to go for it. I purchased a kiln and some other supplies. I started practicing, I think that’s the best way to learn.”

Planning...

Planning...

Advice for Beginners

Lynn had some good advice for those who haven’t worked with PMC: “I recommend reading books like I did. I can suggest a very good one: Metal Clay for Beaders by Irena Meich. If you can’t afford a kiln you can torch some things, but you are limited, or some local bead stores have kilns and will fire for you.” Here’s another great nugget of advice from Lynn: “You have to have an idea ready, because the clay dries out fast!”

Inspiration

Lynn has always been clear that nature is a huge inspiration to her. You can see this in her Owl in Flight, Sea Shell pendants, Strawberry Fields Forever, and even in the leafy adornments she uses in her photographs.

Get inspired!

Get inspired!

I love nature, too, but I wondered how people would get inspired if they lived in a big city and couldn’t go for a quick walk in nature. Lynn advises: “You can make just about anything with a good imagination. If you don’t live by nature, you can use many things around the home: old buttons, lace, perchaced molds and stamps with texture, houseplants, and so much more.”

Final word

I thought Lynn’s final piece of advice was simple and inspiring. She says simply, “if you dream it, you can do it.” Lynn wanted to let everyone know that she’d be happy to answer questions from anyone getting started. You can send her a message from her profile page in The Garden. Thanks again, Lynn, for your time and all your great work!

Faithful Chick aka Faith says:

This is so wonderful! Feature in a news paper and feature on Lima Beads Feature page. Go Girl You are awsome. :P

Lynn, congrats on being one of LB’s featured artists!!! I’m just thrilled for you — with this article and the one in your local newspaper, your name and work will soon become known worldwide!!!

I’m so happy I already own one of your stunning starfish — she’s just gorgeous! :D

Thanks for all the tips, too — I’ve made several PMC pendants, but on a much simpler scale than yours.

3. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Oh thank you all of you are wonderful people. I love to share ideas, also get some too!!!!!!

4. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

Lynn…this a fabulous write up about you! You deserve all the attention you are getting with all of your beautiful designs and the PMC pendants you make. You are an inspiration to me and I look forward to seeing what’s to come from you!

We can say “we knew you when” — though I have a feeling you’ll always be the same, wonderful friend you’ve always been to us, Lynn! 8)

Deb D Grammy Chick says:

Thank you Steve and LB for this wonderful article about our beloved Lynn G! And thanks to you, Lynn, for sharing all of your wonderful pendants and designs with all of us! You are truly an amazing and talented artist, and an inspiration to all of us! :D

7. Mommykat Bubbly Chick
    Mommykat Bubbly Chick says:

Very Cool! Congrats Lynn, on the feature! we are all so proud of you! You know I love you, and your work is so awesome! :D

8. Chicky Suz aka Susan Z
    Chicky Suz aka Susan Z says:

Excellent article, congrats Lynn, and thanks for profiling Lynn, Steve. The beautiful pieces astound me, they are so gorgeous!

9. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Oh you all are great, And I think Lynn Eileen is right, I like the country life, maybe a little old fashion in thinking.. Hugs to all you…

10. Shanti P
    Shanti P says:

It’s awesome of LB to feature one of our talented stars, Lynn g. Her work is truly art and I hope to add one of her pieces to my collection soon.
    Lynn, congrats on being featured!! I love your designs!!

Lynn, a fellow beader named Amanda is inquiring on your “His Name Is Octo” PMC design in the Gallery about purchasing one! Didn’t want you to miss out on this opportunity! :D Congrats!

12. sunny chick
    sunny chick says:

Congratulations Lynn on being featured on the Fresh Daily Blog. Woo Hoo! You are amazing, my friend! Your work is divine! ;)

shimmer chick says:

congrats Lynn! you are an amazing artist!

14. Travelin Chick-marlene
    Travelin Chick-marlene says:

Your works of art are beautiful – the praise of both the newspaper and LB are justified. And thank you for sharing so many of your ideas – I love skimming through the gallery of designs for inspiration. Congrats :)

Orchid Betty says:

Congratulation Lynn on being featured on Lima Beads and on your local newspaper, your work is fabulous and I am so happy for you!

Lynn, What a great feature! Your work is beautiful and inspiring.

kitty mom jb says:

Great article! I know I’ve been eyeing your seahorse and starfish on etsy. One of these days! Congrats!!

18. Dora H
    Dora H says:

Lynn, congradulation on this feature. You diffenetly deserve it !!! I LOVE my STARFISH !! All your creations are fabulous.. Hugs. :)

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Lynn, Congrats on being featured on the fresh daily blog.Your work is amazing>

20. Jewelry by Shannon
    Jewelry by Shannon says:

Lynn, we are so proud of you!! Yesterday in your local paper and today on LB! I love everything that I’ve ordered from you and always appreciate your design ideas and creativity. I too LOVE my starfish, and turtle, and seahorse, etc. Keep up the great work … you are an inspiration to us all!! SLS

21. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed my stuff, If any of you have any questions about PMC just give me a ring, you know where to find me…

22. Wemai Coffee Chick
    Wemai Coffee Chick says:

You are our pendant queen, Lynn!! I have a dream about trying PMC and I think I just have to start doing it – maybe this autumn! I might send you some questions during the process!!

23. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

OK no problem!!!! I like to help!!! but be careful, it is addicting and so much fun!!!

24. Jade aka Caryn
    Jade aka Caryn says:

congrats again Lynn.

25. Arja A
    Arja A says:

Congratulations Lynn :)
    I am proud for you. Wow.

26. grama rose aka stormy
    grama rose aka stormy says:

Wonderful Lynn I am proud to know you through Lima beads and that I have been lucky enough to buy some of your fantastic and wonderful work! BRAVO my freind! You are the best! YFIB Deb

27. karen blasdel
    karen blasdel says:

Bravo Lynn!!! Congrats you certainly deserve the recognition, your work is amazing. From your wire wrapping to your wonderful PMC creations, you are a true artist!!!!

28. jessbell
    jessbell says:

Congratulations on your media exposure and your wonderful talent! I can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with next to inspire us with. :)

Lynda aka DivaChick says:

What a wonderful feature, Lynn! I am in awe of your pmc work, and you so deserve this honor. You are an inspiration to me every time I see one of your gorgeous pendants!

Thank you, LB, for featuring Lynn. You take such good care of your custmers. This is why you are my first choice for gemstones and findings!

30. OK Jacki
    OK Jacki says:

Congrats, Lynn! Your work is fabulous and you are most deserving of this article and all the admiration of your beautiful works.
    Thanks, Lynn & Thanks LB for recognizing a great artist.

Lynn, congratulations on your new-found fame!!! Very deserving, I must say!! Whoo-hooo!!! :-D

32. FaeryGoth Chick
    FaeryGoth Chick says:

Congrats Lynn! You so deserve your moment in the spotlights :-)

33. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Thank you LB for sharing this, It was so much fun!!!! and thank you for all the hard work you do to get us are orders…

34. Shannon J
    Shannon J says:

Congrats Lynn! you are an inspiration for us all! :)

Congratulations Lynn! This is so exciting! :-D
    I can’t think of a more deserving person. What you do is truly an art and your pieces are phenomenal!! Love that you are inspired by nature and you can reproduce and “preserve” them so beautifully!!
    You are and inspiration!
    Keep ‘em coming my friend! ;-)

LeighAnn F says:

Wow! Great interview Lynn! You always seem to have words of wisdom for all of us. You deserve to be featured in LimaBeads. You are a great PMC artist. I love all you do!

37. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

Lynn~ congratulations!! Wow, you are so talented!! I love your pieces!! Thanks to Lima for featuring one of our friends!

38. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

And Thank you all again, this was fun, and, I can’t wait to make some more new fresh stuff!!!! :)

39. LAshe
    LAshe says:

congratulations, Lynn! And your work is SO gorgeous!

Congrats Lynn! on being a LB Featured Artist! beautiful PMC pendants! looking forward to seeing more of your creations! …nice job on the article, Steve!

41. Mahala93 RockChick
    Mahala93 RockChick says:

Congrats Lynn on this feature!

42. Skittles mommy
    Skittles mommy says:

Great article Lynn! Congratulations on this write up as well as your local newspaper! You should be so proud. :D