Heirloom Lockets at Lima Beads

Posted by Kevin on September 23 at 02:59 pm

There’s something about lockets… It’s the nostalgia of an old photo combined with the feeling of wearing a vintage piece of jewelry. Lockets allow you to carry memories with you. Whether it’s a photo of a loved one or a photo of your favorite vacation spot, these things are never far from your heart when you’re wearing a locket.

Filigree Time Piece Locket

Filigree Time Piece Locket

Today we’re adding a line of lockets that I’m very proud of. They range from large to small, from plain to ornate and when you hold one in your hand, you know you’re holding something of quality.

These lockets are made 100% in the USA by old companies, some of which opened their doors in the 1940s. That’s the thing I love most about this line of heirloom quality lockets — if my grandmother had purchased a locket when she was young, she would have gotten the same product that we’re selling today. These are made on the same machines that they were 50 years ago!

lockets

Our heirloom lockets are made of good quality, thick brass. We have them available in plated finishes like antique copper or antique brass, which feel older and more classic, but we also have more trendy, popular finishes like gunmetal.

Photo Frames

Most of our lockets come with the option to purchase a photo frame kit. This kit includes a photo frame setting that snaps into the locket, a backer for the photo, and a clear piece of acetate to protect the front of the photo. These are optional. You can usually cut a photo, push it into a locket, and have it stay put without a frame, however, if you’re considering using a valuable photo or want it to look perfect, we would suggest a frame kit.

Do you have an old locket — maybe a family heirloom locket? We’d love to see it! You can include photos in your comments below.

1. Dora H
    Dora H says:

WOW..these are so fabulous.. I know I will be ordering a few.
    items and great beads and great prices !!! :)

2. Chickie Nonnie T
    Chickie Nonnie T says:

Very nice! The lockets are beautiful and I will be ordering one for myself. Thanks so much LB for keeping us supplied with so many unique items to feed our creativity! You are definitely my fave!

3. Anita QoG Funny Chick
    Anita QoG Funny Chick says:

These are beautiful!!! Another great addition too your verity!!!!

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

These are fabulous!!

5. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

These are very nice…

craftycarol says:

These are wonderful. So nostalgic, but not worn out!!

7. DB
    DB says:

I have never done anything with heirloom lockets but I added a couple to my wish list. Using ideas from the design gallery I will experiment to see what I come up with – thanks for sharing !!!

8. deleted
    deleted says:

The Oval Garden Locket is gorgeous and an antique finish really enhances the design. I don’t see this series offered in an antique finish, as in your picture above. Will this be available in the future?

9. Susan Schroeder
    Susan Schroeder says:

What was the answer to the Crossword Puzzle? I can’t find anything mentioned on the blog.

10. B Trimble
    B Trimble says:

Eat, Sleep, Bead

11. J Salzmann
    J Salzmann says:

Who were the winners of the Crossword Puzzle contest? It was a lot of fun to do.

12. Susan Schroeder
    Susan Schroeder says:

Thanks B Trimble! J Salzmann, I can’t find anything on Lima about the Crossword Puzzle contest at all!

13. Susan Schroeder
    Susan Schroeder says:

Who are the winners?

14. J Salzmann
    J Salzmann says:

In reply to Susan Schroeder re: Crossword Puzzle winners per Steve they were notified by e-mail, & the names were not posted due to privacy. The $500 contest winner was Llana from the U.S. He promised to do better in contest announcements.

15. Susan Schroeder
    Susan Schroeder says:

Thanks! I understand the privacy issue. Can’t wait for the Easter Egg Hunt now!

16. whimsy girl
    whimsy girl says:

chant with me EAST-ER EGGS! EAST-ER EGGS!

17. WaterburyJewels
    WaterburyJewels says:

When is the Easter egg hunt?

18. Fenya
    Fenya says:

I was so excited to get the email today from Kevin stating the Easter egg hunt is soon to be announced. (Well only a hint) Love the egg peeking out behind the Lima bead guy.

A craddick says:

YES, we want to know, when does the egg hunt start?

20. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

*warms up mouse hand* Eggcitement is mounting!

21. Arielle
    Arielle says:

eggs eggs eggs! been training my eyes all year for this :P

22. B Miller
    B Miller says:

Scroll up, scroll down, click. Scroll up, scroll down, click. Repeat. And repeat. And repeat. Then do it some more. Can’t wait for the 2014 Lima Beads Egg Hunt!!!

joye says:

I was poking around looking for the egg hunt, too :)

24. HoneyBee
    HoneyBee says:

The waiting and suspense are killing me! :)