Halloween Fresh Pick Challenge Results!

Posted by Matt on November 01 at 02:17 pm

pumpkin

There’s nothing quite as frightening as a bunch of beaders who are all competing to win free beads! Seriously, we’re all really impressed by the amount of thought that went into each and every submission for the latest Fresh Pick Challenge. There were certainly some bone-chilling combinations and thrilling stories. Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest.

Here are the winners of the $25 Gift Certificates:

Best Composition: BeadAddict’s “Before I Fly South

One of the most popular trends in this contest was the use of C-Koop Enameled Metal leaves in Fresh Picks! It was a pretty obvious choice because of the crafty, colorful, autumn-esque designs. However, BeadAddict was able to surround those beautiful pieces with a nice supporting cast of gemstone beads, pearls and metal. Just one look at this pick and you’ll be longing for a fall retreat in upstate New York.

Best Use of Color: Brenda S’s “The Zombie

We all really enjoyed her eerie story, but the most impressive thing about this pick is the way Brenda used color to complement that story. I’ve never compared our Labradorite to the decaying skin of a zombie, but the greenish-gray luster of the stone has never looked so creepy. The red accents of garnet are a bloody-brilliant touch as well. Great pick.

Best Use of Color: Kitty Chicky Cat’s “out of the seaweed rising

“Seaweed comes to form her hair, a floating, tangled, grasping mass, writhing there like medusa’s snakes, free to hunt again and take hold like wet fingers anything that lingers.” This sounds like it belongs in the latest collection of Edgar Allan Poe’s short stories. We also really liked the composition. All around great pick!

People’s Choice: Eeka Mouse’s “Midnight Decision

It’s the pick with the most favorites, and it’s not hard to see why. The story is great and the colors are fantastic. Not many of you were brave enough to throw Rainbow Fluorite in the mix, but Eeka Mouse did it quite well. As we mentioned before, the winner of the people’s choice award will also be receiving a pumpkin full of beads!

The winners will receive their Gift Certificate code in a message from me in The Garden. If for some reason you didn’t get the message, just let me know in the comments.

Again, we really appreciate everyone who contributed to make this contest so successful. Hopefully, we’ll have another one of these up our sleeve in the coming months.

1. Mommykat Bubbly Chick
    Mommykat Bubbly Chick says:

Oh, Congrats to the winners! Great Job!!

You picked mine?! Really?!! Thank you LB team!! This is awesome!! I’m so excited to buy some beads!! Thank you!!!

Congratulations BeadAddict, Brenda, and Eeka!! Your picks are Great!! Everyone picked really cool picks for this contest!! Yes, please do have another one of these contests soon!! :D

4. sunny chick
    sunny chick says:

Congratulations to all the winners! :D What a fun contest it was!

5. grama rose aka stormy
    grama rose aka stormy says:

very pretty i don’t find them to be holloweenish though!

congrats gals on all you wonderful pics!!

Congrats to all the winners!!! What wonderful picks you all created! Have fun shopping! :D

7. Brenda S
    Brenda S says:

Yipee! I finally won one of these contests. Congrats to all the other winners also! Very fun contest.

Deb D Grammy Chick says:

Congratulations to the winners! All of your picks are wonderful, and the competition was pretty tough out there! Enjoy your winnings! :D

9. Beadlady3 aka Cindy
    Beadlady3 aka Cindy says:

Congratulations to the winners! This was a fun contest, and the stories were fun to read.

10. FaeryGoth Chick
    FaeryGoth Chick says:

Congrats to the winners! You all deserve it :-)

11. Chickie Nonnie T
    Chickie Nonnie T says:

Congratulations Chickies!!! They were all extremely entertaining.

12. Boston Lady
    Boston Lady says:

So happy for all the winners. Can’t wait for the next contest. Hope it’s soon! Smile!

Yay!!! Congratulations to all the winners!! :-D

14. Wemai Coffee Chick
    Wemai Coffee Chick says:

Congrats everyone! Very nice picks!

Congrats! Were these supposed to be Halloween inspired or just autumn in general…because I thought just Halloween????

16. Eeka Mouse
    Eeka Mouse says:

Thanks, everyone for fav-ing me. I am so thrilled to win that little pumpkin – it’s soooo cute. And beads, too!

17. amkcreations aka Amanda
    amkcreations aka Amanda says:

Congrats to the winners!

Matt, I don’t think I got a message.

Eeka, you deserve them both! You are an excellent picker and writer! :)

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Congrats to all. But I didn’t see no Halloween pick selected!

BeadAddict says:

Thanks!!! It was lots of fun picking and looking through all the great picks and stories!

Not Halloween? What’s more Halloween than a zombie? Halloween is in the fall so while it’s not directly related I think “Before I Fly South” works beautifully, I love Fall and not so much Halloween anyway. And a dark and stormy pick about some ghost that haunts a woman until she dies and becomes like him definitely sounds like October 31st to me. I think they are great choices! But there were a lot of great choices! I‘m glad I didn‘t have to pick! I agree that “out of the seaweed rising ” doesn’t look very Halloween but a water spirit who makes a monstrous body for herself out of her victim’s bones, has dried blood red eyes, and murders people I think Sounds pretty creepy.

23. Green Eyed Lady Chick
    Green Eyed Lady Chick says:

Congrats to all the winners!

congrats to the winners! enjoy your treats!

Congratulations to the winners, great picks and stories! Enjoy the BEADS!! :D

26. karen blasdel
    karen blasdel says:

Congrats to all the winners!!

27. Purple Chick aka Violet
    Purple Chick aka Violet says:

Congrats to all the winners !!!!
    I enjoyed looking at all the picks and reading the stories !!!
    So creative and fun !!!!! All of the pickers at very interesting picks and stories … you all deserve kudos !!!!!!

28. Susan Schroeder
    Susan Schroeder says:

Way to go, Winners! Awesome picks! I especially love “The Zombie”!

29. NY Bella
    NY Bella says:

Congrats to all winners! Great job, everyone!

30. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Congrats to the winners!!! great job.

31. Lynn in Oz
    Lynn in Oz says:

Gawd, that’s how long it has been since I was here- I didn’t even know this contest was on :P

Congratulations to the winners.

As for halloween or not- if it was mne, I would have entered something more spring related, because I am in Oz and 1. it is spring now and 2. we don’t really celebrate halloween here.

Beading is all about interpretation, so what I interpret and what Joe Bloggs next door interprets are two completely different things :)

A job well done all.

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”