Crossword Sale 2011

Posted by Kevin on January 01 at 10:17 am

crosswordSaleHappy New Year, everyone! We’ve decided to start 2011 off the same way we started 2010 — with a Crossword Sale! That means there’s going to be a new sale EVERY day in January. We’ve put together a crossword puzzle with 31 hints, one for each day in January. The answers indicate which items are on sale for that day. The puzzle is a little bit harder this year, so sharpen your pencils!

The sales last 24 hours each, so you need to add the items to your shopping bag that day in order to get the reduced prices. Once they’re in your bag, you have 7 days to complete your purchase (all the details are available on the Shopping Bag page).

The Bonus…

lima with pencilAs a bonus, if you complete the crossword puzzle early, you have the chance to unscramble a secret series of letters to reveal a hidden message. If you guess right, you’ll get a prize! So head on over to the crossword page, and check back daily to see what’s on sale!

L Newcomb says:

I love crossword puzzles. What a great way to spend January…my birth month! Thanks

I also love crossword puzzles and have a birthday in January! Hmmmm — I see a pattern here…..LOL

Great fun for a gray month, LB! But why do you do this when so many of us are in Beading Prison?!?!?! ;)

3. Antique to Chic
    Antique to Chic says:

I love crossword puzzles too! Already have mine printed! Thank you LB for all of the fun contests you have for us!

4. Steph
    Steph says:

I’m going mad trying to get some of these when I said I would be beading instead. Stuck on a few of them.

5. Lynn in Oz
    Lynn in Oz says:

I love crossword puzzles too, however I am not US based and therefore some of the clues are just beyond me….. I have tried googling but it doesn’t help :(

NRA….. National Rifle Association…. really?? That what google tells me it is.

Lee D says:

Thanks to help from my husband (and some help from Google), we unscrambled the secret this morning. I think he got into the puzzle more than I did. ;) Thanks, LB!! What fun!

7. SweetPea
    SweetPea says:

Hey LB team, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I’ve already solved the puzzle & got my GREAT GIFT!! THANKS SO MUCH! I really wish ya’ll would do the crossword puzzles more! So much FUN! Anyway, hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season & hope & wishes for a fantastic NEW YEAR!!!

8. FaeryGoth Chick
    FaeryGoth Chick says:

I am having the same problem as Lynn in Oz :-( since English isn’t my native language, crossword puzzles in English aren’t easy for me. I probably will figure it out, when most of the words are given lol

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

What a great way to start the new year!

10. moarkgal
    moarkgal says:

Happy New Year to the LB team! Thanks for starting off the new year with such a fun game! Solved it and chose my gift!

yay! the crossword puzzle is back! (thanks for doing this again)

LeighAnn F says:

Yeah! I love crossword puzzles and since I havent been able to bead with a broken arm…..I still feel a part of the LB Family! Thanks Limabeads!

13. Beadlady3 aka Cindy
    Beadlady3 aka Cindy says:

The Gunmetal category left out some things….there are seed beads with “gunmetal” in the title. :)

No fair using Google to find the answers! (darn, why didn’t I think of that?) Having fun with these tricky – and silly – clues! (watch out where the huskies go & don’t you eat that _ _ _ _ _ _ snow!)

14. Eeka Mouse
    Eeka Mouse says:

Today’s selection was amazing – like super-P.O.D.! Thanks.

solved! was very tricky/clever!

16. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

We love the cool games you come up with. Thanks LB

Wheeewww….that was a tough one!! Thanks for the brain strain….and the gift!!

Hooray!!! I solved the puzzle and the bonus portion!!! Thanks, LB, for the fun and for my free gift! :D :D :D

19. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

Love these puzzles but unfortunately don’t have a lot of time for it right now.

What happened to Labradorite in today’s sale? LOL

I seem to suck at solving crosswords. But I don’t care! I always enjoy the fun. :D
    What I really want to say is “thanks for the lovely amethyst beads you sent with my last order.” It was a great Christmas present.
    Most of all, thanks for being such a great company and giving us all the opportunity to make new friends here at LB!

…was wondering what would be in the sushi sale :)

Kelly D says:

What was the bonus?! We tried a couple and never did get it…just curious :) Thank you!

Ranjit B says:

Yes please tell us what was the bonus?

Trinka M says:

What did all the letters spell?

• diamonddustshoediamonddustshoe said »
    “I need to teach assertiveness training to the little slips with my …”
  • Y BuonamiciY Buonamici said »
    “Thank you for the great egg hunt! This is my second …”
  • Beadzilla aka WandaBeadzilla aka Wanda said »
    “Thank you so much for the fun Easter egg hunt! I just …”
  • Drema CDrema C said »
    “thanks i had fun when is the next contest …”