Easter Egg Hunt 2011 Winners!

Posted by Matt on April 26 at 04:15 pm

Easter Egg Hunt 2011We’d like to send a big “THANK YOU” to all the beaders who participated in the 2011 Easter Egg Hunt. It was a blast!

The Winners…

First of all, congrats to the winners of the 3 $25 gift certificates! Those golden eggs were certainly tough to find. Here are the winners:

• Golden Egg #1: Katie K
  • Golden Egg #2: Natures Precious Gems
  • Golden Egg #3: Cindy V

If you’re one of the three winners above, we’ll be sending you a gift certificate by e-mail today. Congratulations!

Now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for. The winner of the $250 Lima Beads gift certificate is… Griffin! She found a total of 89 eggs, which qualified her for the Top 10 on the leaderboard and a chance to win the big prize. We selected her name out of a hat in a random drawing this morning. Congratulations, Griffin!

The Second Prize is a $100 Gift Certificate, awarded to Jenny R, who was in an 18-way tie for 59th on the leaderboard with an even 75 eggs found. Congrats, Jenny! We’ll be e-mailing you and the rest of the winners your gift certificates today.

We’d like to thank everyone who participated this year in the Easter Egg Hunt. We hope you had fun! Here are some fun facts about the hunt:

• A total of 109,839 eggs were found
  • Over 3,610 people participated with a little over 60% finding more than 20 eggs
  • Only 2 people found the third golden egg.

Since the third golden egg was so hard to find, we’re going to give you the location. If you look at this design, in the second comment, there are two photo attachments. When you clicked on the photo on the right, it was in that window that pops-up. Pretty tricky!

The eggs have since been taken off of the site, but here are some other crafty places that we hid some eggs:

Stay tuned for fun promotions in the future… we love having fun here! If you’re new to Lima Beads, here are some other cool things to check out:

1. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Looks like you broke your raffle losing streak, Griffin! :)

RubberT aka Plucky Chick says:

Congrats to all the winners!!
    Great sneaky spots, LB!! I missed the bird house because I already had an egg from the Jangles area and quit looking there. I thought about the mouse thing over the ribbon page, but had already gone through the chains and got tired of looking that way. I guess persistence does pay off! And I NEVER would have found the third gold egg, but I did think about the possibility of eggs being in posted photos! Good one!!
    I can rest now!! Thanks again!!

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Griffin says:

I just laughed out loud when I saw the winner notification in my email. I actually won something!? I feel kind of bad because I’m very new to jewelry making, haven’t really made anything beyond putting a charm on a chain and learning to loop wire, and I mostly collect 4-6mm round and faceted gemstones for my future plans to make leather wrap bracelets. I don’t really deserve it. But I will use it gladly. Thank you, Lima Beads. You’re my favorite bead site, and I thought that even before you gave me free stuff. :D

Congratulations to the winners!!! Have fun shopping….I sure did last year!!
    Thanks again, LB for the great hunt…it was a blast!! :-D

6. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

Congratulations winners!! My husband is going to be disappointed….. with all the time spent hunting those eggs and no win. LOL ;) Thanks again Lima!! You guys ROCK!! B)

7. Gina P - Delta Chick
    Gina P - Delta Chick says:

Congrats, Griffin! You know we all start out small, I consider myself a “newbie” still. Have fun with your prize, you earned it! You are so right about Lima Beads, it is hands down the best bead site!

8. S Estrada
    S Estrada says:

It was fun and so addicting! LOL! Congrats to the persistence of the winners!

Now – where was the 2nd golden egg?

9. Fayley
    Fayley says:

Thanks LB! Me and my mom had a blast, and we love our free beads! You got a LITTLE too creative with where you were hiding them though! :D

10. Lauri R
    Lauri R says:

My husband and son thought I had completely gone over to the dark side with my obsession to find eggs. I even had the laptop going in the car on the way to Easter dinner(Two hour ride each way). Crazy right.

Griffin says:

The first golden egg was found in an epoxy (I think) tutorial and the second was found when you clicked the “Estimate Shipping” button in your shopping bag, but you had to have at least one item in it to see the button :) Very tricky.

I have a question! Can the gift certificate be used over time, e.g. if I made a $50 order today would I still have a $200 credit left?

12. autumn
    autumn says:

Congratulations, all! It was a very fun (and challenging!) hunt this year!

I looked at the ribbons page up and down and was considering mousing over them all, but got caught up in trying the figure out the technology behind that (and similarly, on the chains page)… I didn’t think that one could *possibly* be hidden there.. boy, was I wrong!

Excellent hiding places!

Congrats to the winners! Well Griffin, now you can experiment more and it won’t cost you a thing!!!! Have fun! ;)

Mirjam E says:

Congratulations, Griffin and Jenny R! Have fun shopping!

15. Janz Joolz
    Janz Joolz says:

Congratulations, Griffin, Jenny R, and golden egg winners! And Griffin, don’t be saying you don’t deserve it, because you do!

I did find the ribbon zoom egg, but it was sheer luck – just happened to let my mouse drift over that ribbon and the egg popped up. Hadn’t expected it!

16. BadCat
    BadCat says:

Congratulations to the winners!! I found some of the tricky eggs…I don’t think I found all of them…its kind of a blur at this point.

have fun shopping lucky winners Griffin and Jenny!

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

Congrats to the winners!
    Sure do wish I had checked out my designs closer!!! :P

19. Karokat
    Karokat says:

Congrats to the winners – I’m totally envious. (Besides which my husband will harass me even more about all the time I spent hunting eggs for the past week or so – maybe about 35 hours? LOL!) I hope you enjoy all the neat stuff you order with the gift certificates. You might want to wait until Lima has restocked all the stuff that went out of stock during the Egg Hunt – I bet there were a lot of things that were sold out! It’s just too hard to resist putting things in your cart while you’re hunting for eggs. And I have so many things in my wish list, it takes forever to load the page! :)

Dot J says:

Mission Objectives:

Expose your customers to all the pages and delights of your web site.

Drive your customers crazy and send them on a wild goose egg chase.

Teach your customers a thing or two about humility, technology and how your web site works.

MISSION OBJECTIVES: ACHIEVED!

I found the egg in the Humble Beads stack, but never considered that you could scroll over other items. I also now know that you can click on pictures and enlarge them, even if they don’t say “enlarge” by them.

I was not even warm in finding that third golden egg – I did not spend much time looking at the necklaces.

Is there a search function in the Design Gallery? Like could you search for “Amethyst” and pull up all the designs that use Amethyst? If there is, I do not see it. If there isn’t perhaps that project could go on a TO DO list somewhere?

Thanks LB for all your hard work.

21. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

Congratulations to the winners. That golden egg in the conversation picture was MEAN. I clicked on all the pictures in designs, but never thought we would have to go through conversations. Probably wouldn’t think on clicking on those added pictures anyway. You’ve given me new meaning to the word “tricky”.

Congrats to the winners on their well-deserved success!!! :D Enjoy spending your gift certificates! :D

Griffin — You can spend the gift certificates over time. I’ve done that before. It is one of the options on the page where you pay for your order, so you can enter your code there or pay another way. If you only use part of the certificate, it will tell you at the top of the screen what your balance is. Hope that helps! :D

I didn’t find the golden egg in Jeanne’s gorgeous design, but did find the other two (after someone else had). I found all the difficult eggs you listed, except for the one in the ribbon section. I had enlarged the ribbons and used the ruler portion, but didn’t think to hover on them all. :D

I also found a lot of great hiding places where there were no eggs….maybe I’ll ask to hide them next year! ROTFLOL ;)

23. Ali
    Ali says:

Griffin – save some of your gift certificate. We’re adding a full line of leather cord and cuffs soon! And for all of the vegans and vegetarians out there, we’re also trying to add a line of synthetic/vegan leather.

To answer your question, you can use your gift certificate over time. You definitely don’t have to use it all at once.

Griffin says:

Ali – Aaaaawesome. Can’t wait for the leather cord! I always need more!

Speaking of egg locations, I started to hover over the chain items without much expectation, but I didn’t think to do that on the ribbons. And I didn’t look too far into the design gallery–I guess that’s where the remaining eggs were. I’m prepared to get ALL of them next year, just for fun and insanity. :)

25. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

Lynn Eileen Chicky Lee: I saw plenty of places I would have put eggs, also. There were so many spots that should have had an egg behind them. I clicked on some of those spots over and over, thinking there just had to be one there. But alas, I was wrong–again and again.
    My huby thought it was a waste of my time, but I won all the other prizes possible, and ordered a couple of things I found on the hunt that I liked. Couldn’t all be a waste.

26. Antique to Chic
    Antique to Chic says:

Congrats winners, and thanks to lima beads for the great fun! Can’t wait to get my lovely freebies!

27. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

Thanks, Lima. I’m hooked on these egg hunts, even though it eats away at my aircard usage limit. I spent time at the library using “public” free internet and still about used all our limit. Maybe by next year we’ll have 4G unlimited access. I can hope.

Congragulations to all the winners, including everyone who found the fun golden eggs first 8O 8) :)
    – whew, the location the third golden egg sounds extremely tough, ugh…

And dear LB folks, now that this year’s contest is over, it’s fun to see some info on where you all hid these “eggs” – could I respectfully request that for future contests, you have somwhat less eggs, it is more time consuming to look, due to all the extra products you have.

Alice c says:

whew- it is over- now I am waiting for my package. My son’s girlfriend is preaching on strength this coming Sunday so I just HAD to get the green girl “strength” link to make her a pretty bracelet as a keepsake. Can’t wait til I have more $$ to use my coupon I won to buy some much loved Vintage! Thanks for all the hard work- I hope all the sales were worth it.

30. Jenny R
    Jenny R says:

oh, what fun! I love the egg hunts and I love Lima. Thanks!

Wolfkazzy WolfChick says:

Griffin, and other winners, congrats! And Griffin, I love those leather wrap bracelets, I’ve done several and plan to do alot more!

The zoom on the chains was one of the first things I checked when the egg hunt started, plus the rulers and there was an egg on a ruler on one of the chains. I was kinda of disappointed not to find an egg on the zoom. It took me the better part of a week to realized that Lima did the same thing to ribbons as they did the chains, so I did find the egg on the zoom LOL.

32. shimmer chick
    shimmer chick says:

Congrats to all the winners… Love the egg hunt!!!

At His Feet says:

I happened to find Lima Beads from an ad on FaceBook during The Hunt. What a fantastic way to get to know a website and it’s members! It was so much fun for me (and a little frustrating). I probably know every gemstone, czech, charm, drop and artist! I know most of the regular posters and regular members of the design gallery. I feel I am joining a family or very close knit and talented neighborhood.
    I feel very fortunate to have found LB and look forward to more egg hunts :-D
    Tami Griffin

34. Natures Precious Gems
    Natures Precious Gems says:

Congrats to all the winners and participants! It was a great hunt. Thank You to Lima Beads for being so creative. Great marketing technique ;) ~Shannon Treisch

35. SweetPea
    SweetPea says:

Congratulations to EVERYONE!!! I think we all did GREAT!!! Special KUDOS to the TOP 10! I can’t wait to get my prizes! Hey! When’s the next contest? Thanks LB TEAM!!!!!

36. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Congrats to all of you lucky egg hunters…. :)

37. Eeka Mouse
    Eeka Mouse says:

Congratulations to the winners – your perseverance (and luck!) paid off.
    Thanks, LB for all the hard work you put in to orchestrate the hunt (especially the last minute scurries on sold out items and the ’12 hour glitch’).
    I hope all had fun. To all the scoffers, especially husbands: if we had fun and enjoyed seeing all the pretty things, it was NOT time wasted… just like with watching sports games, right? ;)

38. SpicyChick AKA Ginger
    SpicyChick AKA Ginger says:

Congratulations to the winners~! I had a good time hunting. I can’t wait for the next Easter Egg hunt…or maybe pumpkin chase. :D

39. Vee aka Dream Chickie
    Vee aka Dream Chickie says:

Congrats to the winners!! Great job!!! :D

40. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

I love the idea of the “Pumpkin Chase”!!! ;)

41. Valentine Chick
    Valentine Chick says:

Ooooh a pumpkin chase??? Oh my now we will have visions of EGGS and PUMPKINS in our dreams??? I love it! Do it LB! Thanks for another great hunt!

42. Valentine Chick
    Valentine Chick says:

Oh yea Chicky LE! I so think I should help hide those doggone eggs next year, and then I think I will have an easier time at finding them!!! LOL

got my egg hunt gifts + order today, Thanks LB!!! enjoyed taking inventory of all my new items while eating the Twizzler :)

I got my goodies from the hunt today as well (plus a few other things) and they are all gorgeous!! Thanks LB!! :-D

45. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

Congratulations to all the winners! It was fun!

46. Jeanne S
    Jeanne S says:

Did every egg need a computer and mouse to find? I did about 2/3 of my checking via my iPhone because it was much easier on my hands and neck. But mousing over stuff doesn’t work. I still found 82.

47. Green Orchid
    Green Orchid says:

Congratulations to the winners! you all deserve it. I never would have found the third gold egg because I didn’t look at all the comments and after someone else found it I just concentrated on finding the others. That was a very tricky place. Next time when I think…no they wouldn’t put an egg here.. I’ll get busy and look anyway! See you all next time folks. Hey would you believe I’m doing an egghunt on another site.It ends on Sun. Don’t get worried Steve,it has nothing to do with beads. My sister was doing it while I did this one she needs 2 more to get 100. I think this one was more fun!

48. Green Orchid
    Green Orchid says:

I know a site that has a hunt for Christmas packages in Dec. Can’t you just see it little red, blue or green pkgs hidden amongst the gems wouldn’t that be pretty?

I got my order today!!! LOVE the new beads!!! (and twizzler)!!! :D

R MELANSON says:

Everytime I go onto this website now I am looking for Easter Eggs:)

Fenya says:

The hunt was so much fun! Hiding 100 eggs is a perfect amount to look for. You guys came up with the greatest hiding places. I sure did learn a lot more about each product and how georgeous they all are.

52. Gail r
    Gail r says:

That was my first Easter Egg Hunt and I found 50 eggs….Kept finding the same ones over and over till I was cross-eyed. Can’t wait for next year. THAT WAS FUN.
    Thanks LimaBeads!!!

53. Karokat
    Karokat says:

Just got my order today (with Twizzler). The prizes were all lovely – especially the ammonite pendant. The crystal strands I ordered are seriously sparkly, and the funky handmade chain is just fabulous. Thanks, LB!

54. WHITE DOG
    WHITE DOG says:

Thanks Lima Beads, the egg hunt was great fun!
    I got my order already with bonus Twizzler, how cute is that?
    Thanks for the free prizes and added discount from my winnings.
    ‘ can’t wait for the next one! =)
    Chris

55. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

Congrats to the winners!! This was so much fun!!I told several friends I was doing this and they joined in the contest as well!

56. DragonflyDi
    DragonflyDi says:

The Hunt was Formidable!!(stole that from new BK commercial!). Although my eyes and arthritic wrist were not too happy LOL. I have to agree with Karocat: Awesome marketing plan – could not resist buying some items I would never have looked at before. Lima Team can you comment on if there was a big sales hike during and just after the hunt? Brilliant!! and helpful, never hurts to try new things!! Love your site and the quality of products. Happy Beading to ALL!!

J Vest says:

Oh, wow, and the kids I hide eggs for think IM tough! Teach me, Masters! Great hunt and congrats to all winners – I hope to find more next year!

58. Foxkatt
    Foxkatt says:

I only stumbled upon this towards the end of last week and unfortunately didn’t have the time give it my proper attention. You bet I’ll be looking for this next year tho! One question, I did find over 25 eggs. How do I go about redeeming my “prizes” now? Thanks!

Congrats to the winners! :D

60. T Liddell
    T Liddell says:

Got my order + twizzler.. it was a blast.. B/F and my nieces looked at me like I was the crazy one for a while, as I got in on the last few days of the hunt through the ad on FB.. loads of fun although I am still seeing cross eye and weird dreams about Easter Eggs.. lol The Mother of Pearl beads are going into a set of jewelry for my sister. She is getting married in Sept.