Easter Egg Hunt 2011Posted by Steve on April 14 at 02:29 pm
The 2011 Easter egg hunt is here! This is the third annual hunt and it’s bigger and better than ever! If this will be your first Lima Beads Easter Egg Hunt, it’s simple. We’ve hidden Easter eggs (a lot of Easter eggs) on our web site. Find them and win beads, supplies, coupons and even gift certificates.
This year’s hunt is very similar to last year’s with two exceptions:
- The hunt is a bit easier because I can tell you up front that there are NO eggs hidden in “The Garden” or “Fresh Pick” sections of our web site. We figured that with almost 12,000 fresh picks (wow!), everyone would go crazy looking through all those pages for eggs and we don’t need a bunch of crazy beaders running around! All other pages are fair game and may contain eggs.
- Second, there’s a new twist! We’ve hidden 3 golden eggs somewhere on the site. Whoever finds them first wins a gift certificate. Read below for more details…
100 Easter Eggs
That’s right, there are 100 eggs hidden on the web site RIGHT NOW (plus an additional 3 special GOLDEN eggs). They’re scattered all over the Lima Beads web site. The only pages where you won’t find eggs are those in the Fresh Picks or Garden sections, as I mentioned above. As you find eggs, you’ll see this status bar:
We don’t want anyone to go crazy, so we should tell you up front: finding all the Easter eggs will be difficult. Some of them are very well hidden. It’s not really about find ALL of the eggs this year, it’s about finding the most
Just like last year, there’s a leaderboard that shows the top 100 hunters. It will show the position of each person, but not the number of eggs they’ve found — we’ll reveal those at the end. See the Leaderboard.
The more eggs you find, the more prizes you get. When you reach 10, 25, 50, and 75 eggs a new set of prizes will be unlocked. You can choose from a variety of FREE beads and even a collection of coupons worth 15% – 25% off various items. There are also prizes associated with the Leaderboard. At the end of the Easter Egg Hunt, the top 10 people on the leaderboard will be entered to win The Grand Prize, a $250 Lima Beads Gift Certificate. Everyone else on the leaderboard will be entered to win second prize, a $100 Lima Beads gift certificate. See all the prizes.
The Golden Eggs
This year, we’re also hiding 3 special golden eggs (in addition to the 100 eggs, making a grand total of 103)… If you’re the very first one to find a golden egg, you’ll win a $25 Gift Certificate to our store! If the same person finds multiple golden eggs, that lucky beader will win one $25 gift certificate for each golden egg they find. Yowza! The golden eggs don’t count towards your leaderboard total, and you can keep an eye on who’s found the golden eggs on the leaderboard.
- The contest ends at 11:59pm on April 24, 2011 (Easter). This means you need to make sure and do the following by this time:
- Collect all the eggs you can find.
- If you unlocked any prizes, add them to your shopping bag and place your order—all prizes (except the discount code explained below) must be redeemed by the end of the contest. Normal shipping rates will apply.
- If you unlocked the coupon prize, write down your coupon code (you can use it any time until the end of 2011)
- Watch the blog for an announcement about the $250 drawing
- There are a total of 100 Easter eggs plus an additional 3 “golden” eggs that we’ve hidden for you to collect. Those are the only ones that count toward the prizes, and you must click on them to collect them. You might see some picture of eggs in promotional materials (like the ones in the grass at the top of this page)… those don’t count toward your total.
- We can’t offer rain checks on the prizes, so make sure to place your order when you’ve unlocked the prizes, because they’re only available while supplies last!
- We think we have enough free beads to go around… but in case we run short, we reserve the right to substitute a product of equal value as your prize (hey, it’s free, right? . We can’t offer rain checks on unavailable prizes. We also reserve the right to update this list of rules if it needs clarification later.
- Please don’t share the locations of the eggs. This ruins the fun for everyone Also, you must find the eggs yourself–you can’t have a robot (or a computer) do it for you. Location sharers and robots will be disqualified from winning prizes! Gotta keep it fair for the rest of us!
- The most important rule: have fun!