The Lima Boys Turn One

Posted by Kevin on April 21 at 11:16 am

I can’t believe that it’s been a year since we announced the arrival of the Lima babies. They recently celebrated their first birthdays and they’re getting so big!

Andrew’s son Douglas has been busy learning his first words and sign language at daycare. His favorites are “gah-doo” for “thank you” and “gog” for “dog”. He also waves hello and says “hiiiiiiiiiiiiii” to everybody he meets. He isn’t walking yet, but loves crawling and pushing his trucks along saying, “vroooom!”. We think he’s going to be a good reader because he will pull all his books off the shelf and sit on the pile, flipping through each one page by page and showing us the pictures.
douglas_post
Matt’s son Henry is a goofball. Whether it’s eating a lemon and making silly faces, or giving his stuffed animals big, slobbery kisses, he’s constantly finding new ways to make us laugh. He’s getting more comfortable walking, but his preferred method of getting around is still crawling. In fact, the only time he’ll consistently walk is right before his bath and he’s stripped down to his diaper. Don’t all babies just love to be naked? :)
henry_post
My son Gable is an explorer. We couldn’t wait for him to start crawling — what were we thinking! He’s fast and curious about everything: lamps, dog bowls, plugs, stairs, our poor dog, and especially anything breakable. We child-proofed our house for our daughter (or so we thought), but Gable is on another level. He wants to walk so badly and will stand on his own, until he realizes that he’s on his own… He loves his mommy, his sister, food, and me. In that order.
gable_post

Can you say CUTE?!!!! :-D
    What a wonderful “boys club” you’ve got started there! Happy birthday to all three of you! EAT CAKE!! :-D
    Congratulations Kevin, Matt and Andrew, and your wives! on raising three amazing young men! I bet life with them is a hoot!! ;-)

:) soooooo adorable! what fun! precious moments/memories!

Melissa S says:

I can’t believe you all had babies around the same time. That’s hilarious! :) Three of my cousins were born within 9 months of each other… be careful! They are thick as thieves and just as troublesome! :) (But you’ll have a lot of laughs!!)

4. movie chick aka susan
    movie chick aka susan says:

thank you for sharing…they are beautiful boys!!! :-)

5. Kathryn Lobert
    Kathryn Lobert says:

Precious! When my boys were small, everyone told me to cherish that time because it goes so fast. I would look at them through not only myriads of fun and love, but stacks of CLOTH diapers(I am old:), laundry, dishes, sleeplessness, etc, and think “oh, REALLY??” Now my boys are 35 and 32 and I actually DO feel like I blinked and they grew up – well, except for the 3 years they each spent being 15 – those did NOT go so fast, but we are able to look back and laugh and now we all moved to Columbus Ohio to live NEAR (not WITH) one another:) We are blessed. I can only pray for the same for you.

Wow, how time flies, thank you for this terrific update on the LB boys, so glad they are all doing well!! :D

7. Debbi aka Sparkle Chick
    Debbi aka Sparkle Chick says:

Kevin, thank you so much for the update on all 3 handsome boys! That year sure did go fast!
    Each little guy has a unique personality and they all sound so smart & funny! Kudos to you and your saints…I mean wives!

8. Gina P - Delta Chick
    Gina P - Delta Chick says:

How cute!! It seems like they grow up in the blink of an eye. Enjoy every minute!

Precious little boys! Enjoy! And have lots of birthday parties. :D
    Now my grand daughter is growing up so fast, and it seems such a short time since SHE was one.

10. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

What cute little boys, and I how I wish mine were small again.. Even though they get in some trouble, enjoy it now, because they grow up fast.. :)

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

What cte boys .Thank you for sharing!Y

12. Chicky Bear-Tara
    Chicky Bear-Tara says:

What little cuties. They are great looking boys. Do enjoy them being little. They grow up so fast. I am patiently waiting for my grandchildren…in, at least, 5 years…hopefully a little longer.

13. LG Designs
    LG Designs says:

I see a frat brotherhood in the future…look out! They are adorable!

Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

Thanks for the update! They are so adorable. Enjoy them while they’re little.
    And Kevin…
    How ’bout an update on Payton???

15. Lauri R
    Lauri R says:

So cute I remember those day.

Handsome group, those Lima babies!! Happy Birthday to all!! :-)

Thanks for the update on your precious boys! I love those photos! :D It’s so hard to believe it has already been a year since we all “met” them — time really does fly! 8O Happy First Birthday wishes to Douglas, Henry, and Gable!!! :D

I would also love to read an update on sweet Payton — with a new photo, too, please! :D

Jo B says:

How adorable! Such handsome little boys!

19. FaeryGoth Chick
    FaeryGoth Chick says:

Cute little fellows! :-)

20. Beadlady3 aka Cindy
    Beadlady3 aka Cindy says:

Adorable! I love the babies. Birthday hugs!

21. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

Gorgeous set of boys. Enjoy them while you can. They grow up so fast. My oldest grandson will be 18 in September. He graduates from high school in June. Seems like only yesterday I was changing his diapers. LOL

22. Mary Brady
    Mary Brady says:

What a bunch of cuties! Enjoy every minute.

Happy 1st Birthdays to the Lima Boys!!! They are all so adorable! :D

24. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

It is amazing how each one of these boys strongly resemble their fathers!! Happy 1st birthday Lima boys!!

25. GoFish
    GoFish says:

Happy Birthday!! Can you spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E? ;-)

26. Rockpuppy
    Rockpuppy says:

Your babies are cute, but when they grow up can they give you eggs? I think mine are easier to take care of too! Congratulations boys on your first year of life!!! It must be so cool doing everything for the first time!

Attachment

AnnDy says:

About the little reader, Douglas – have you introduced him to the Terry Pratchett goodie “Where’s my Cow?” Pratchett is an adult author who can think like a child. Yummy!

Karen aka kidsauthor says:

What beautiful boys…Congrats to you all. As previous stated – they grow up so fast…enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Take your time with them, love every moment (good & bad), you will “grow” with them! Me three kids (2 sons & a daughter) are grown and have families. My oldest grandson is now leaving for the Navy…so hard to believe, it was just yesterday that he started to call me “Nana”. I literally grew up with all the kids, married at 19 and a 1st time grandma at 43! Now at 62, I’m so greatful of all my 9 grandchildren…alll talented and beautiful! Many, many years of wonderful times to you all!

29. MistysJewelsCom
    MistysJewelsCom says:

They’ll be driving before you know it!
    (I need some help and didn’t know where to post. I have had my website for a year now and need someone to test it out for me and see if all aspects and links are working. I have no experience in web design and need to know if it is a functional site.
    Thanks for any help offered!)
    ~Sherry~