The Easter Egg Hunt 2014 is on!Find eggs, win prizes! It's fun!

Create & Learn at Lima Beads

Posted by Kevin on June 04 at 05:33 pm

We’ve added a whole new section to our web site today called Create & Learn. We’ve made improvements to the design gallery and fresh picks, plus we’ve added a brand new tips & techniques section. We hope it can become a place to learn, teach, collaborate, and meet new friends.

We’ll be filling this section out with tips & techniques and step-by-step projects in the coming weeks. We’re adding a lot of new products that may require a bit of instruction like this week’s Stamps, Blanks, & Gilders Paste. This new section will give us a venue to show all the cool stuff you can do with these products. Let us know what you think, but remember, it’ll be a work in progress for the next few weeks! :)

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! I’m liking the changes. Thank you … THANK YOU … T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U !!!!!!!!

2. Jane MS
    Jane MS says:

I didn’t think I could love you guys any more, but you’ve gone and done it! You are all awesome!

3. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Wow I came on here tonight, and what a surprise,,, I really like it so far. Thank you…… :)

I like what I see so far….great ideas!! :-)

5. karen blasdel
    karen blasdel says:

Wow, I like the changes, it was worth the wait, keep up the great work LB!!

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Wow love the change to the website .You did a fabulous job I love this super.

What great changes! But you’re killing me with all those new blanks and tools. I’m trying to cut my spending but might have to treat myself. Can’t wait to check out all the tips and techniques.

I’ve been watching all the new tips and techniques, and Rebecca’s design ideas pop up in the Gallery! They are all wonderful! Can’t wait to see what else is in store! :-) And the new tools!! Oh my gosh! My poor, poor pocket book!

One thing since the new changes, it seems to take quite a bit more time for my computer to down load each page. :-( Hope that’s just temporary.

9. NY Bella
    NY Bella says:

I just logged on this morning and what a treat! I love the changes and can’t wait to discover everything! Thanks, guys!

10. Vee aka Dream Chickie
    Vee aka Dream Chickie says:

LOVE the changes guys! Great job!!! :D

trinkets says:

Happy,happy with the new tools & supplies and the tips & techniques….can’t wait to get started, but need some guidance first ~ Wonderful work Lima Beads!!

12. Jade aka Caryn
    Jade aka Caryn says:

Looks good so far but how do I see peoples profiles? I can’t just click on someones design to get to the profile. Also where are the messages? I’m sure someone else has asked these questions. Love the improvements

1. I love the new & improved LB site! :D

2. I also can’t find my messages. :( Help, please.

3. Like Mary (also from Indiana), it takes much longer to download any page on this site. Help! 8O

4. The LB Team is the absolute BEST!!! 8)

OK, here’s the thing…..You know how many of us have commented during the last couple of weeks about the POD changing prematurely to the next day’s POD during the evening hours? Well, I’ve been observing this and noticed that it changes about 4 hours early. Also, when I type a comment (anywhere on the site), the time above my name is 4 hours ahead of the actual time (Eastern, same as LB’s headquarters in Ann Arbor), but when I post the comment, the time changes to the correct time. Very interesting…..care to comment, LB Team? Does a clock somewhere in your office and/or computer need to be reset? LOL ;) 8)

15. KPJEWELS
    KPJEWELS says:

How do we get to the garden???? What happened

Janet Miriam says:

Like everyone has already said, I really love the changes! Right on Lima Beads! BUT, where are my messages??

Janet Miriam says:

Just in case you didn’t notice I just saw that our messages are back under “Find Beaders”! Yeah! Thank you LB!

Janet — Thanks for the update! I checked and mine are there, too! :D

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

OK why after I comment on a pick pick does delete show up on my comments in the find beaders section> Help@

Alice, about the delete option, I saw that too. My best guess is if you decide to retract something you wrote, you now have the option to delete it.

Oh! Thank you Lima for finding our messages!!!
    :-D Yay!!

I like the new ‘Tips and Techniques’ …very cool!

22. Chicky Suz aka Susan Z
    Chicky Suz aka Susan Z says:

I was noy on this weekend and when I logged on to LB imagine my surprise! Awesome changes! Love the new look!

23. Chicky Suz aka Susan Z
    Chicky Suz aka Susan Z says:

Too bad no delete option for these comments, I meant “not” —-not NOY!

Hi all, I have some answers for you :)

1. Regarding your messages, it sounds like you have already found them but just in case… they are available under the “Find Beaders” section on the right side (make sure you’re logged in).

2. We’re working on the timing problem that Lynn so correctly describes :) It’s just a small issue that is happening because of some of the upgrades we have done recently. It will be fixed soon.

3. Regarding the speed of the pages, we’re working on that too! We want it to be faster than before, and we’re working behind the scenes to make that happen. More soon!

Keep your eyes out for more updates! We’ll be making more updates to this section over the next few weeks.

Thanks, Steve, for answering our questions! You are a super-duper computer wizard!!! :D 8)

I never dreamed this site could be any better than it was, but you have shown me the error of my ways!!! LOL Love, love, love the changes and am looking forward to the ones to come! :D

P.S. Is it possible to add a list of birthdays — for those who would like to post it — so we could send happy birthday wishes to our friends? Thanks for at least considering this! :D

Oops, forgot to ask — Will we be able to post tips & techniques to share with each other? Once upon a time, someone also suggested a place to share recipes. Just a thought…. 8)

27. Cotopaxi Chickie Sue
    Cotopaxi Chickie Sue says:

What a surprise to get on today and find a whole new look on the LB! Still trying to find my way around, but I love the look! I am already groaning at the thought of next year’s Easter Egg hunt…. ;-)

Janet Miriam says:

I have a suggestion/request/question. How about putting everyone’s website/etsy store in one place? I would love to look through everyone’s website, but the only way to do that now, is go thru all the profiles to see if they have a website or not. What do you all think?

Janet Miriam says:

OK, adding to my own question…or would that take away from the idea of the Design Gallery?

• Hannah KHannah K said »
    “Every year I go in telling myself that I will search every …”
  • Cali HCali H said »
    “I've been clicking each product, going to it's page, and clicking the …”
  • Lesli MLesli M said »
    “Well, I have only found 66 eggs and was so much fun. …”
  • Desiree CookDesiree Cook said »
    “I've found a few items where the picture is a black square. …”
  • No PhotoC Haddock said »
    “Ok, I'm done. Stopped being fun about 2 days ago. I have …”
  • No PhotoKim L said »
    “Yeesh! I hope I will still be able to bead when …”