Steve’s First Buying Trip

Posted by Steve on September 01 at 01:22 pm

Over the past 7 years at Lima Beads, I’ve had to play a lot of different roles–from packing orders, to answering phone calls, to managing the web site. But until this month, I had never gone on a buying trip… and boy, that was an experience!

It all started innocently… I had other business in the city where one of our suppliers has a showroom, so Kevin asked me if I wouldn’t mind stopping by their shop and picking out some items. It seemed easy enough, so I said “of course” and planned to spend some time picking through beads.

A familiar sign...

I’ve spent enough time digging through boxes of beads at our own warehouse, so I figured I would be prepared to pick out some sparkly additions that our customers would enjoy.

I had a long drive ahead of me, so I packed a bag, hopped in the rental car, and rehearsed my strategy while humming along on the expressway. I knew I would have about five hours to pick out beads, so I wanted to find a handful of new additions, plus some trusted favorites that we’ve carried in the past. Lo and behold, near the start of my trip, I passed a road sign that gave me a chuckle: “Lima Rd.” I figured it was a good sign!

When I arrived, I was really shocked at how many beads there were! I only made it through a portion of them by the time I had to leave. There were so many sparkles in one building! I picked out a selection of beads that I really hope you’ll love, and we just added them to the web site this week. Check them out! And if you don’t love them, you know who to blame (you can blame Kevin :) ).

Enjoy!

Fines Creek says:

Nice beads! I bet it was lots of fun and overwhelming! :)

2. Bettys Beads
    Bettys Beads says:

Better watch out Steve…this may be another permanent job for you. You did good.

3. Shannon aka Silly Chick
    Shannon aka Silly Chick says:

So many beads…so little time! Hope you at least had a generous budget.
    Ruby and Emerald enhanced pieces really gorgeous -and the druzy pendant was an especially nice selection!
    You’re a good little bead shopper “}

4. daydrmbeliever
    daydrmbeliever says:

Very nice selection Steve. You did good!

5. Bead-itudes
    Bead-itudes says:

Oh I’m loving the Tanzinite – and the Labradorite. You did good for your first buying experience. Of course you now realize you should have allowed your self way more than 5 hours. LOL

Steve, what a fab job you did in selecting those new beauties to add to LB’s already incredible line of beads, etc.!!! :D How exciting to go shopping and spend someone else’s money, too….LOL ;) Great idea to blame Kevin if we’re not satisfied with your choices! 8)

Steve, you’re still “The Man” — just don’t tell Kevin and Matt I said so. 8O

Shannon, it’s so great to see you back here — you’ve really been missed a lot!!! :D

8. Lynn g
    Lynn g says:

Wow I love them all Steve!!! I wish I could of gone with!!!! But I probably would go bankrupted, hehe!!

Way to go Steve! :-D
    I would have loved to tag along for such a bead hunt but it looks like a daunting task. That many beads would have made my head spin! 8O (And my bank account empty!)
    Great choices dude!! Thanks for sharing the fun!

10. Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick
    Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

you did good, Steve! Personally, I love the ruby and sapphire!
    Sounds like you had fun!

I’m going to give you an “ooooohhhhh … aaaaahhhhh” for your 1st buying trip bead selection Steve. Excellent choices. You are still, as always, “THE MAN” in my book.

Thanks everyone!! :) It was a blast, and who knows, maybe I’ll get to go again soon! (crossing my fingers…)

Karen aka kidsauthor says:

Bead Frenzy…very nice selection, especially the tanzanite! Iv’e been in bead store where the mind just goes swirling with all the ideas that come to it…don’t know how you did it…but great choices!

Awesome selection, Steve! You did better than I would have been able to do…they wouldn’t had been able to pry me out of that showroom with crowbar!! :-D

Hee hee, Steve, I’m chuckling at your comments about stopping by this supplier’s showroom, intending to “just pick out a few bead strands…”, you did excellently, for such a short time there – and I wholeheartedly agree w/ Elaine, if I had been there, you also wouldn’t have been able to pry me outa there either, after such a short time there – my hat’s off to you for exercising such discipline, picking such great finds, AND getting out so quickly!!! :)

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

You did great Steve great selection. Already order some from this selection!

Thanks Karen, Elaine, Joyce & Alice! Who knows… maybe I’ll be going back soon ;)

Jeannie k says:

nice beads, but when are you going to get some more of those fancy colorful feathers?

Anna706 says:

If you get to go on another field trip, can you get blue CZ? It would look nice with the crystals.

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”