The Results Are In!

Posted by Matt on November 01 at 02:41 pm

I think the scariest thing about these Fresh Pick Challenges is how creative our customers are! When Steve gave everyone the ability to create their own Fresh Picks, we weren’t sure how it was going to go. I think this goes without saying, but it’s been wildly successful.

Here are the four lucky Fresh Pickers who came out on top of the latest Fresh Pick Challenge:

Best Composition: Artful Accents’ “October Skyline

We had a hard time picking just one for this category because there were so many picks with great composition. The more I look at this pick, the more I like it. You can tell just how much care went into picking each and every product. Just look at how that Lillypilly Verde Patina Copper Sheet works so well with the Red Creek Jasper!

Best Use of Color: D Gooding’s “PumpkinHead is Snoring

I would bet that D Gooding was taking a shot at the “Best Story” prize for this one. Even though it was a finalist for that category, we really liked the bright, pumpkin-esque colors. If you haven’t already read the story, I suggest you give it a read.

Best Story: Kitty Chicky Cat’s “origami garden

“The perfect hostess; gentle as a dove, with the willow’s grace, welcoming as a warm embrace. Yet she is mournful as the wind that ever caresses her dwelling place and cold as the stars that light the eyes of her pretty face.” This story literally gave me the chills. I think I’m going to have nightmares about being folded up into a pretty little lily…

Top-notch storytelling aside, this is a great-looking pick!

People’s Choice: Mary S – Sweet Chick’s “Pumpkin Vines

I’d have to agree with all of you on this one! Great composition, great use of color and beautifully crafted. We’ve come to expect this level of creativity from a seasoned veteran like Mary. She has almost 350 Fresh Picks under her belt!

The winners will receive their $25 Gift Certificate code in an email from me within the next few hours. If for some reason you don’t get the message, just let me know in the comments.

Again, we really appreciate everyone who contributed to make this contest so successful. Hopefully, we’ll have another one of these up our sleeve in the coming months.

1. Beadlady3 aka Cindy
    Beadlady3 aka Cindy says:

Congrats to the winners! All are beautiful!

2. WaterburyJewels
    WaterburyJewels says:

Congratulations to the winners!!!

3. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

LOL….you would win that bet Matt. But I did get to share a very special memory with you all, which is wonderful too! And I am totally thrilled that you loved the colors I chose. Your contests are fantastic and your beads even more so!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my bead-lovin’ heart!

Diane Gooding

qltldy10 says:

Congrats to all of the winners! It was a lot of fun; the entire month was fun!! I loved the stories, I loved all of the ‘spooky’ jewelry, and I loved seeing the Halloween POD’s~ thanks so much to LB!!

5. sunny chick
    sunny chick says:

Congratulations to the winners! What a fun contest it was. :D

Artful Accents says:

Thanks so much for choosing my fresh pick! I love your website and look forward to using my gift certificate! Thank you so much!

7. NY Bella
    NY Bella says:

Congrats to all the winners! The picks are all beautiful!!

8. Anna C WonderChick
    Anna C WonderChick says:

Congratulations to all the winners. It was fun to see what everyone came up with. Thanks for the wonderful stories to read, that was a great idea LB Team.

9. Crazy Chick Frida
    Crazy Chick Frida says:

Congrats to all the winners :D yeay :D

10. Cathy H Chocolate Chick
    Cathy H Chocolate Chick says:

Congratulations to all the winners!! I’m sure it was very hard to pick just a few with all of those great choices! Thanks again Team Lima!!! :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!! :-D I can’t believe it!! 8O
    I never dreamed I’d be in the running for Peaple’s Choice. Still shaking my head in disbelief. Thank you everyone for your thoughtfulness! And thank you Lima team for your kind words, I am honored.
    When I told my husband and he said, “Now we do the dance of joy!!!!!” ;-) :-D

Congratulations to the rest of the winners! :-D Wonderful stories, gorgeous picks and fabulous color combo’s!

Congrats to all the winners of this fun contest! The picks, stories, and jewelry designs for Halloween were great! :D

Oh, and (once again — LOL) I’m glad it wasn’t up to me to decide the winners!!! 8O 8)

Awesome….congrats to the winners!!

15. beaded banana
    beaded banana says:

congrats all!

16. Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick
    Jeannes Gems - Gem Chick says:

Congrats to the winners!
    Thanks to the Lima team for continuing to make this a great place to shop! and hang out!

17. Antique to Chic
    Antique to Chic says:

congrats everyone who won! Those are some beautiful picks! These contests are so fun and who doesn’t love winning beads?? lol

Congrats to all the winners!! They are all such beautiful picks! :D

19. Eeka Mouse
    Eeka Mouse says:

Congratulations to all the winners! Have fun w/ your new beads!

20. Gina P - Delta Chick
    Gina P - Delta Chick says:

Congratulations winners! Fabulous picks, one and all!

Thanks LB for another fun contest!

21. Sonia G
    Sonia G says:

well done everybody – can we have one every month?

Karen aka kidsauthor says:

Hey, Congrats to all the winners…there were so many great ones out there!

O my goodness!!! Really?! Thank you so much Lima Team!!! I didn’t expect to win anything!! Espcially because there are so many really cool looking picks with great stories Halloweeny out there and I didn’t think my story sounded particularly Halloweenish in comparison!! But I am so glad you liked it!!! Thanks!
    Congratulations Artful Accents, D Gooding and Sweet Mary!!! Your picks are wonderful!!! :D everyone did a great job!!! I’m glad I didn’t have to choose, it would be so hard!!!

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Congrats to all the winners!

25. Cotopaxi Chickie Sue
    Cotopaxi Chickie Sue says:

Congrats to the deserving winners, and thanks again to the LB team for another fun-filled Halloween month!

26. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

Hi there. Just wanted to tell you all that I bought resin and bezels with my gift certificate! I want to try new and different things and I have not used resin before, so this was the perfect opportunity. If my projects come half decent, LOL, I’ll show you all! Anyone have any tips on working with resin??

D Gooding — Thanks for the update on your purchases! For info and great tips on working with resin, go to the “Tips and Techniques” section at the top of the LB pages and scroll down to the ones for using resin. Have fun and be sure to show us what you create!!! :D

D Gooding — I checked and there are 4 different tips, each with written instructions and short videos you can watch, too.