How Many Beads in the Jar?Posted by Matt on September 13 at 12:01 pm
If you guess exactly how many beads are in the jar, we’ll give you the entire contents of the jar!
The rules are simple:
- You have until 12pm Eastern Time on Monday, September 17th, 2012 to make your guess(es).
- Guesses can only be submitted in the comments of this post.
- The winner will be the closest guess (without going over).
- If there’s a tie, the earliest entry will be the winner.
- You can guess up to once per day. At the end of the contest, only your most recent guess will be considered.
The winner will receive the entire contents of the jar. There’s no way of knowing the exact dollar value, but guesses around the office have been between $200-$350! Just look at the photo and you’ll see just how much cool stuff is in there! There are agate slabs, pearls, crystal, coral roses, cubic zirconia, lapis, pyrite, fire agate, and much, much more. The winner will also be announced here on our blog by the end of the day on Monday, September 17th.
Also, the first person to guess within 25 beads of the actual amount (either over or under) will receive a $25 gift certificate, so hurry and start guessing, but remember — you only get 1 guess per day!
We’ll be giving you a new hint every day. These hints won’t be free, it may take a little bit of research to get the numbers Here are a couple of hints to get you started:
- 9/13 – The dimensions of the jar are 5.25″ W × 5.25″ D × 5.25″ H (13cm W × 13cm D × 13cm H). It weighs a whopping 8 lbs, 5 oz (3.8 kg) when it’s full of beads.
- 9/13 – The number of beads in the jar is less than the diameter of the moon in kilometers