Fresh Pick: “Susie's Charms”

Posted by limabeads on January 26 at 09:11 pm

This Fresh Pick was designed by Elis Mom on Jan. 26, 2013.

Elis Mom says: OK. I am a bit of a private person, tho it may not seem so when you look at some of my picks on LB. Here goes:
Reading left to right, and continuing top to bottom:
I work as a nurse, but it is not who I am. However, I am a caring and nuturing person. I always try to help when I can. Eli(puppy charm) is my first dog, and I love him dearly. Garry gave him to me when he was 8 weeks old. Dixie(little blessings dog) is my rescue girl. She is soooo sweet, and when you look into her eyes, you can see into her soul. Dogs DO have souls!(eye charm). Garry is my partner of umpteen years. Just like Becky's hubby, we are 2 peas in a pod. He holds the key to my heart. Garry has been sick with a mysterious illness for the last year. Now we know what is wrong, and I am hopeful he will get better.(hope charm) This is my family.(little family blessings charm)
I live in Florida, and love the beach(sand castle charm). Other than my work shoes, all my other shoes are flip flops. But some of them are patent leather...As you walk out my front door, there is a plaque above it that reads "Let your Dreams Set Sail". When you come in the same door, there is a plaque that reads "Paradise Found". (couldn't find a charm for that). I think they are words to live by.
I don't practice a particular religeon, but I do pray.
The rest are some of my favorite stones on my wish list!

Fresh Picks are color and texture arrangements to help you get inspired—you can browse all Fresh Picks, or design your own!

1. Julie Shane
    Julie Shane says:

Susie, I am touched by your choices and your willingness to open up and share with all of us.
    First, Garry is in my prayers. I hope for full recovery and many more umpteen years for your both.
    Second, I can SO relate to your connection with the beach and water. It’s soothing and healing. It’s the pulse of the earth.
    Third, I can’t even count how many pairs of flip flops I own. It’s all Jimmy Buffett’s fault! :)

2. puppychick  labratbecky
    puppychick labratbecky says:

Awwwwww, Susie you are a nurturing person! We can all tell that and the love you have for your dogs. I am so happy you finally know what Garry has been battling for so long. My prayers will also be for his healing and your strength. And dang if I haven’t caught that beach bug in 2 short trips to Key West! I hope you and Julie know how lucky you are. :-D
    Hugs, Friend!!!!

3. Deb Harding
    Deb Harding says:

Susie I learned about your caring nuturing nature not long after I found LB. :) Your generous spirit is always evident in your comments. I’m sorry to hear about Garry’s mysterious illness also, you both will be in my thoughts. Love on your doggies for me…a person that truly loves their pets is a blessed person because they receive it back tenfold.

4. OK Jacki
    OK Jacki says:

Susie, thanks for sharing. Your charms & comments are beautiful. First, prayers for Garry for full healing & many more great times ahead for you. Have loved getting to know you & Eli & Dixie since I first visited LB Fresh Picks. Fur babies help to keep us young… & as Deb said, the rewards we get back from our fur babies & their unconditional love is priceless. Love your flip flop charm. My dearest friend recently turned 60 & we thru a flip flop party. She has about 50+ now i think. Awesome fashion accesory for every cool chickie. ;-) Hugs!

5. Elis Mom
    Elis Mom says:

Thanks for your love, Julie, Becky, and Deb!
    Here is a photo of my furkids:

Attachment

6. Elis Mom
    Elis Mom says:

Thanks, Jacki! Many good times in the new year to you! Your friend with all the flip flops must be a hoot!

7. Deb Harding
    Deb Harding says:

Oh my gosh they are adorable!!!

8. Elis Mom
    Elis Mom says:

Thanks, Deb! They have both been calendar kids in the last few years. Alas, they are getting older, and I don’t think they will be in any more…too stressful for them to go thru a sitting.

9. MaryLou
    MaryLou says:

Your ‘ babies ‘ are so very cute ; they even smile for the camera!
    God bless you and yours, and thanks for sharing some of yourself with us!

10. puppychick  labratbecky
    puppychick labratbecky says:

Your dogs are beautiful! they look so happy–it’s because mommy takes such good loving care of them. :)

11. Crazy Beader
    Crazy Beader says:

Thanks for sharing yourself with us – - it’s so interesting to know all the dimensions of the other women who are drawn to beads and making jewelry. Your fur children are even more charming than your pick – - although it’s great !

12. Laud
    Laud says:

I’m so glad to get to know you a bit better, though I had to chuckle over the patent-leather flip flops. (We’re about to have an ice storm; the idea of bare toes feels like the ghost of a dream.) Hope your husband regains his health. And yes, animals do have souls!

Susie, I am so touched by your lovely and caring Pick for all those in your life whom you care about, including your husband Garry, and your two dogs Eli and Dixie – so glad for you that you’ve discovered what your husband’s mysterious illness is, sending my prayers to you and him for his healing and recovery –
    sure appreciate what else you’ve shared about who you are – can relate to having dog companions, and owning lots of flip flops – I have one lovely kitty, miss Stella, and flip flops (I am originally from Hawaii) despite living in the Pacific NW!

14. OK Jacki
    OK Jacki says:

Love Dixie & Eli’s smiles. They have ‘puppy star power’ :-)

15. Crazy Chick Frida
    Crazy Chick Frida says:

Very touching pick, Susie! I hope Garry will be better soon, good to know what it’s. Your furbabies is adorable :D

16. Elis Mom
    Elis Mom says:

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.Garry is starting to feel better, and the last week or so has been very good for him. He even gained some weight!

17. Crazy Chick Frida
    Crazy Chick Frida says:

Glad to hear that he feel better! How is the pups?

18. Elis Mom
    Elis Mom says:

Thanks, Frida! Eli is holding his own. 11 years old now, and slowing down, but still likes good round of fetch. Dix is not as well. 12 years old. Her spine is bad, and she can’t walk very well…am saving up for a wheelchair for her. Going to try accupuncture next week. She is still a very happy girl, tho. Just a bit slow these days.

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”