The Crossword Sale is Back

Posted by Steve on January 03 at 12:48 pm

The 4th Annual Crossword Sale at Lima Beads is back… so get ready for a new sale every day in January!

Crossword Sale

The Details

We’ve built a crossword puzzle with 31 hints, one for each day of the month. Every day, we’ll reveal a new answer that tells you which products are on sale that day (if the answer is “purple,” you’ll save on all purple beads!) If you print the puzzle and solve it ahead of time, you’ll have a preview of all the remaining sales. The sales only last 24 hours each, but as long as you add an item to your shopping bag on the day of the sale, you’ll have 7 days to complete your purchase and get the reduced price. But don’t wait too long–these prices are while supplies last!

The Bonus…

There’s also a bonus for solving the entire puzzle, just like last year. Unscramble a hidden message in the puzzle and get a prize! You’ll have to solve the puzzle to see what’s behind the curtain though, so grab your pencil and check it out.

Bonus!The BONUS Bonus…

Just like last year, we have an extra bonus. Every beader who unscrambles the secret hidden message mentioned above will be entered to win one of three $50 Gift Certificates to our shop. Just enter the correct answer on the Crossword page, and you’re automatically entered to win.

You can follow along with all the sales over on the Crossword Puzzle page. And if you have questions or comments, just leave them below!

1. DB
    DB says:

There is an error…at least it appears to be so.

Whoo, hooo….already ordered my free gift!! Thanks, Lima Beads!!

3. Lisa LaBarre-Kurz
    Lisa LaBarre-Kurz says:

I so think I have the bonus but am afraid to enter it in, Kevin……Ohhhhhh

4. Beadlady3 aka Cindy
    Beadlady3 aka Cindy says:

Historically speaking, the clue for #4 should say the 16th President’s LEAST favorite metal. The Copperheads were not on his side. While they opposed the war, they wanted Lincoln out.

5. Karokat
    Karokat says:

True, Cindy! I must be doing the same thing DB is doing because it seems to me there is an error. Unless the answer just doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m afraid to enter it in case it’s wrong and I don’t get another chance.

6. Snowy
    Snowy says:

I thought Pooh lived in The Hundred Acre Woods? Am not doing too well on this challenge…getting things to fit but they don’t seem correct. Guess I’ll have to be patient. So very hard.

7. D D Mystic Chick

should #30 across be: “Kiss From a _______” ???

8. Kate
    Kate says:

Hi all, don’t be afraid to guess at the bonus! (you can guess more than once, if you need to).

Hope you’re still having fun with our puzzle :-)

9. Susan Schroeder
    Susan Schroeder says:

I don’t understand today’s answer … silk has its own road? This is fun, but really challenging for me! Elaine, you are really good at these games! :-)

I was lucky enough to get most of the answers that contained a circled letter and from there I just guessed! :-)

H Reed says:

I think there might be a glitch when trying to guess the next answer. I know that my guess is right but it keeps saying its wrong:/. Anyone else experiencing this?

12. Blooming Ideas
    Blooming Ideas says:

The silk road, which is also called the silk route, is an interconnected network of trade routes that connect Asia with Africa, Europe and the Mediterranean.

Yeah for me I got the puzzle done and The bonus puzzle! Thanks Lima for this Cool crossword puzzle. It had me scratching my head for awhile. The hardest one for me was today’s. 15 down. Still don’t get it but that’s okay. Anyone want to help me with making the connection?

13. Snowy
    Snowy says:

Is anyone else feeling stupid? Just asking.

14. gembeans
    gembeans says:

Oh yea, don’t feel bad Snowy!

15. blackhawkschic
    blackhawkschic says:

This is harder than i thought

16. Kim  Harbert
    Kim Harbert says:

UGH! I have been thinking of 26 across for two days now. I guess I am over thinking it. All the others are answered but this one is giving me fits. Now the jumble of letters… too bad there isn’t a hint for the phrase or word ;)

17. Jeanne S
    Jeanne S says:

I chose a reward but how do I get the code?

18. D D Mystic Chick

wow! can NOT unscramble these letters! must have some words wrong, but which!?!

19. Kate
    Kate says:

Ha ha! I’m so pleased to see our crafty little puzzle has got you all thinking so hard :) You know it wouldn’t be as fun if it was EASY!!! ;)

Ann-a706 says:

Help!! I need another hint for #26 both ways, my brain is in a brain cloud. Please

21. Snowy
    Snowy says:

Oh thank you for these posts…I am so frustrated. I think I have number 26 but the scrambled letters don’t make sense so something must be wrong. Hope I can get it by the Bonus time…. Am thinking the Egg Hunt is going to be brutal this year! Good Luck everyone!

22. KatsAllThat
    KatsAllThat says:

I think there is a glitch in the pricing also. A few days back I added TierraCast toggles to my bag at 35% off. Today, the crossword discount is TierraCast/Brass. I noticed all the prices changed in my bag from 35% to 20 or 25%. Hmmmmmmmmm..sent email to the team.

Can’t wait for the Egg Hunt! :-)

N radon says:

I have all the letters but I am sadly clueless.

N radon says:

Oh! Enlightenment. Took me long enough!

J England says:

this is my 1st time and I am clueless. Can I enter letters on the crossword page? I tried entering answers to the clues on the crossword page and I couldn’t. Or canI only enter letters in the blocks for the unscrambled answers? And if that is true, what is the point in solving the crossword early? If it is just for fun, that is fine. It just seems like there is an urgency to solve early and for some reason it just seems like I’m not quite getting the point. I’m sorry if I sound pessimistic, I’m just confused and I want to join the fun at this late date. By the way, I’ve solved the rest of the puzzle. I will say that I don’t quite see the relationship between the answers and the shopping. But I’m beginning to catch on to that. I solved the puzzle 3 days ago but since I don’t get the whole point here, I can’t say it has benefited me. Thanks for your help.

27. D D Mystic Chick

i guessed today’s answer but doubted it because it didn’t make sense to me. if triskaidekaphobics have a fear of 13 why would they ‘stop right here’ at thirteen? i know i’m being dense, could someone enlighten me?

28. Dizzy Chick Lori Z
    Dizzy Chick Lori Z says:

Me too, Mystic Chick… I came here to see if anyone had commented. And I’m unfamiliar with the 13th dimension. Oh well. :)

J England, I try to solve the puzzle to help me spread out my purchases – some items (like Vintaj) repeat on different days. It also helps budget (ha!) if you know what sales are coming up.

Hope that helps. :)

29. E Campbell
    E Campbell says:

I was able to get all of the crossword words but couldn’t figure out the bonus word. Can anyone tell me what it was?

30. Lisa LaBarre-Kurz
    Lisa LaBarre-Kurz says:

I loved it. Was caught up on two words but I think I was thinking about it too hard. Thanks for making it a fun thing to do with our time, Kevin. Lisa LaBarre-Kurz Oh, and thank you for the free gift. Now please pick my name!!!!! I can hope can’t I?

winfredj says:

i would love to know what the bonus word was. please enlighten me.

32. B Trimble
    B Trimble says:

Born to Bead! Ain’t it the truth!

winfredj says:

thanks a lot. it makes perfect sense…now.