Fresh Pick: “Evergreen morning...”

Posted by limabeads on March 02 at 07:08 am

This Fresh Pick was designed by J Yee smart chick on Feb. 28, 2013.

J Yee smart chick says: Yesterday morning, as I drove to work, I was struck by the amazing contrast of the skies - a pale pale gray/blue, almost grayish white, and the deep green pine trees everywhere, so deep green that they almost look black -

Fresh Picks are color and texture arrangements to help you get inspired—you can browse all Fresh Picks, or design your own!

1. Eeka Mouse
    Eeka Mouse says:

Yes! You’ve nailed it!
    (Early this morning I was looking out the window at the bare branches against the cloudy sky, and found myself thinking “montana blue… vintaj branches… chocolate pearls…”)

2. Lois D
    Lois D says:

J Yee, what a gorgeous pick, and so descriptive of the sky and terrain we’ve been seeing as well. I love your description of the evergreens being so deep green that they appear almost black. Very pretty components!

3. Deb Harding
    Deb Harding says:

Eeka is right…you have definitely nailed the look of an evergreen forest against a winter sky.

And Eeka Mouse…you really crack me up!

4. Eeka Mouse
    Eeka Mouse says:

:-)

Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Beautiful !

6. Julie Shane
    Julie Shane says:

Joyce, this is fabulous! I’ve always liked the Kylie Parry focal, but we don’t have evergreens in FL. :(
    What jumps out at me in your pick is the CKoop leaf surrounded by all these dark greens.

7. puppychick  labratbecky
    puppychick labratbecky says:

I have a title for Eeka’s pick: “A Smarta** by Any Other Name” :)
    Joyce, You have put a song in my heart!! This is perfect (for me :) ) and a delicious, poetic pictorial description of your immediate scenery!! Don’t be surprised if I move into your neighborhood!

Good morning everyone, Eeka, Lois, Deb, Julie, Alice, Becky – thank you, I am ROTFL at all your kind comments – Eeka, glad to know I am not the only one who drives around looking at scenery like winter skies and foliage, thinking “hmmmmh, montana crystals, vintaj branches…” – there’s a new pale pale blue swarovski crystal named “blue shade” that I would like to try – ;)

I am off to class this morning, with all my beads in hand, including some raspberry mocha crystals, raspberry shell pearls, champagne crystals, and two of the Toho seed beads, the pink shrimp and beige/pink colors, both are gorgeous with the rest, although a bit different, so we will see – also have some powder almond pearls, some greige swarovski bicones, and some dark gray crystal pearl wavy beads!

Becky,come on over, I don’t know very many beaders in my area, so very happy to chat with all of you this way!! 8)

9. April T
    April T says:

This really makes me want to go hiking… in a couple of months… when there’s no chance of snow. Really lovely pick!

10. Joie W
    Joie W says:

Love absolutely everything in this pick! Scrumptious…I can smell the pine!

11. Asia
    Asia says:

What a fantastic pick, all the elements are just made for each other, good luck with your class, hoping to see your creation :D

12. foxhill designs vt
    foxhill designs vt says:

Beautiful!

13. Granny Nancy
    Granny Nancy says:

I didn’t know there’s a new Swarovski crystal called “blue shade.” Thanks for the info. Meanwhile, this pick is lovely. I missed it when you first posted it. I was used to living in the country years ago before I got into beading. But it was almost a religious experience to walk in the silence of the deep woods especially with snow on the ground. And behind was the trickle of a creek then mostly ice above the moving water. Oh how I miss it. we have trees in Charlotte but its not the same as up north.

Fantastic pick.

14. Crazy Chick Frida
    Crazy Chick Frida says:

Fabulous :D

Comments are closed for this Fresh Pick.

• No PhotoUnarer R said »
    “This narrates you a lot about a company concern theoretical account's military …”