This week's Circular: The Vault and a Sale on Artist Beads

Easter Egg Hunt 2014 Winners

Posted by Kevin on April 23 at 12:09 pm

Easter Egg Hunt Wrapup

WOW, what a week! The 6th Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Lima Beads was egg-citing, eggs-hausting, and egg-ceptionally big. More eggs than ever were found by a record number of hunters, and we enjoyed all of the hilarious comments, e-mails, and facebook posts that poured in. And now, onto the important stuff… :)

Leaderboard Gift Certificates

Everyone that was on the Leaderboard at the end of the hunt gets a $20 Gift Certificate. Steve is sending out those e-mails today… if you’re on the Leaderboard, you’ll be getting yours in the next couple hours. It took a LOT of persistence to stay in the Top 100, and we admire you all!

The Grand Prize

The Grand Prize for a $250 Gift Certificate is awarded to one of the hunters in the Top 10 at the end of the contest by a random drawing. This year’s grand prize winner is…. Cynthia C! We drew her name out of a Twizzler container (we have a lot of those around here)… and you can check out the video on our facebook page. Congratulations, Cynthia! She hunted through thousands of pages from April 14th all the way up until the very end of the contest on Easter.

2014 Easter Egg Hunt Drawing

Joe draws the winner...

Fun Facts

This year, we had a record number of hunters searching for those little diabolical eggs all over our website. The first egg was found 4 minutes after the contest officially launched, and the very last egg was found at 11:59am Pacific time with only 10 seconds left before the contest ended. Talk about hunting until the last minute! The egg that was discovered the most was the one right on the home page (of course)… and all of the eggs were found at least once.

We want to extend a sincere “Thank You” to everyone who hunted for eggs this year. We have a lot of fun putting it together, but you are the ones who make it all worth it. We know as well as anyone that time is very precious, and we’re honored that you chose to spend some of it (or, in many cases, a LOT of it) with us this week. THANK YOU!

Congratulations, everyone! We had an awesome time this year. We hope you did, too :)

2. Vee aka Dream Chickie
    Vee aka Dream Chickie says:

Thanks Steve!! I had a GREAT time this year. It was egg-tastic!!! So much fun! :D

3. NY Bella
    NY Bella says:

Thanks to everyone at LB ( especially Steve) for a fun-tastic egg hunt! This year I make it to the leaderboard! I was last, but proud to be there!

4. Warped Wire Studio
    Warped Wire Studio says:

My first online egg hunt! Thank you so much for the great prizes at every level. You guys always do a wonderful job!

5. Hannah K
    Hannah K says:

My first year on the leaderboard. I was going to go for the top but wow that takes persistence congratulations to everyone I had a blast

It was incredible…as always!! Thanks again for the fun!

7. Classy Chick JbyJill
    Classy Chick JbyJill says:

Love you guys!!! I love this time of the year :)

8. LaLuz
    LaLuz says:

Thanks to all of you! It was a lot of fun & I appreciate all the cool prizes. Lima Beads is the best!

9. HeatherD
    HeatherD says:

This was my third Easter egg hunt and I have to say that it gets better every year. I had so much fun looking for those eggs. Loved also that once I had found one, it had a check mark so I didn’t cover the same ground twice. Thanks Steve and your gang for the fun! Can’t wait for next year.

10. Gina P - Delta Chick
    Gina P - Delta Chick says:

This was the best egg hunt ever! :D I know this must be a LOT of work to organize, so thank you, thank you, thank you! Great fun and fabulous prizes! Lima rocks!

11. D D Mystic Chick

Thank you Lima Beads for my gift certificate! and for the gifts that are on there way! Not even adhesive capsulitis was going to keep me away from searching and searching for those elusive eggs. In my years of participating in the egg hunt I never could make it to the top ten but the gift certificate for all those on the leaderboard was incentive to keep me going this year. Congrats to everyone who made it to the top ten and enjoy spending your hard earned top prize Cynthia C. Don’t know how y’all found all those eggs! Thanks again Lima Beads for another fun egg hunt.

12. Anna C WonderChick
    Anna C WonderChick says:

Though I did not spend as much time hunting eggs as in past years; I did fairly well at 86 eggs. It was a lot of fun watching the action. And I got some fun gifts too. You folks at LB are the best! Thanks for a great egg hunt.

13. Cornelia
    Cornelia says:

Thank you Lima Beads for another great Easter egg hunt! I’m still a bit stunned that my name was drawn for the Grand Prize. I almost gave up when I was number 11 on the Leaderboard but in the end I kept going and found my last two eggs in the final 45 minutes of the hunt. Since I loaded up my wish list during the hunt I shouldn’t have any trouble loading up my shopping bag with some great beads! Thanks again LB, and congratulations to everyone else who was on the leaderboard, and especially everyone else in the top 10.

14. Missigirl
    Missigirl says:

This was my first egg hunt and I truly enjoyed it! What a wonderful way for customers to view all of your products. I found so much stuff that I want and thanks again for the prizes…you guys are great! Congrats to the big winner and everyone on the leaderboard!

I only found 53 of those egg-asperating eggs this year, as a very busy work week cut seriously into my hunting time, but it was a blast as always. Steve (still “the man”) you amaze us each year with your egg hiding skills, Kevin and Ali, thank you for making this the site I go to everyday, you are the very best. Congratulations to all who stuck it out to become the eggs-cellent hunters on the leaderboard. Next year awaits!

16. Mary Brady
    Mary Brady says:

Thanks, Lima, for such a great Easter treat. The hunt has always been such fun!

C Kappler says:

This was my first time doing the egg hunt. I had so much fun that time got away from me. I will be marking my calendar for next years egg hunt. Thank you and I seen so many items that I am thinking about trying to make some jewelry for my granddaughters.

18. Susan Schroeder
    Susan Schroeder says:

Congratulations to everyone who was on the leaderboard! THAT had to take sincere time and dedication! As I see it, we’re all winners because everyone walked away with something and we all got to find lots of goodies besides eggs, right? (I know I did!)
    Thanks Lima Team!

19. Drema C
    Drema C says:

thanks i had fun when is the next contest

20. Beadzilla aka Wanda
    Beadzilla aka Wanda says:

Thank you so much for the fun Easter egg hunt! I just received my package and I love it! Congrats to Cynthia C and everyone else, till next year.
    Happy Beading, Wanda

21. Y Buonamici
    Y Buonamici says:

Thank you for the great egg hunt! This is my second year and I made it to the leaderboard! That wasn’t easy, but the most difficult part is yet to come – deciding what to get with my gift certificate! Congrats to all and can’t wait for the next hunt.

22. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

I need to teach assertiveness training to the little slips with my name on them… :P But seriously *hat tip to Cynthia C*.

Okay, how many of us tried to click the eggs in this week’s email?

N Sausedo says:

Wish I could do the egg hunt all day long. Forget eating, cleaning, and all around household chores. It was fun,!

24. enus
    enus says:

participo desde mi paìs Ecuador, me encanta busqueda de huevos de pascua, pero lamentablemente por mi trabajo no he tenido tiempo.

25. Chicky Zee aka Alice
    Chicky Zee aka Alice says:

Congratulation to all the winners!

26. frekncouga
    frekncouga says:

“thanks for the memories.”. It was a lot of fun . Thanks also for the freebies and gift certificate!!

27. d j beadalicious
    d j beadalicious says:

This was my first,got a late start and still found over 50 won several prizes. Really pleased had fun! Do it again next year. U r my fav bead site!

F Bradley says:

Just in from being on the road in a truck for about 8 months…all of my boxes of goodies sitting here patiently waiting…I opened my boxes from Easter Egg Hunt and from my little shopping bits after, all I can say is WOW! Love the quality and the great service. You guys rock!!! I’ll be ordering more now that I’m home…yippee…fun in my world now.

29. Shayla
    Shayla says:

Does anyone know when this years Easter egg hunt starts?

C Kania says:

When does the Hunt start in 2015? I want to try to beat my total from last year.

31. HeatherD
    HeatherD says:

Ok, so the other morning I awoke from a dream—about this years Easter Egg Hunt.

32. Dawn Kas
    Dawn Kas says:

I am loving this site. All I’ve bought has been awesome.

When does this year’s egg hunt start?

I’ve done it once; that’s how I found you.

I’d like to try and hunt this year.

Thanks, Dawn

33. L McKeown
    L McKeown says:

Forget March Madness…bring on the Easter Egg Hunt!!!

F Bradley says:

Rumor has it that it will get EGG-CITING soon!

A craddick says:

Anxiously waiting for the Easter egg hunt too!!

juliamriley22 says:

When is the egg hunt?

37. Kandis H
    Kandis H says:

I expect that it might be the week before Easter so only a few more days to wait. I am so excited

38. birdie
    birdie says:

waiting for the Easter Egg Hunt…..

39. buffie
    buffie says:

A week before Easter means that maybe this friday the egg hunt will start? yay!

Annie 1 says:

Can’t wait until the hunt starts,I am egg excited…..

41. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

My fave things about Easter….Easter pie..AND the Easter egg hunt!

42. Chickie Nonnie T
    Chickie Nonnie T says:

I need to start my brain stretches to get ready for the big hunt!

43. Karokat
    Karokat says:

Can’t wait for the Egg Hunt! Hopefully my carpal tunnel syndrome won’t hold me back like last year. Everyone get their fingers ready!

44. Kandis H
    Kandis H says:

I had a nightmare last night that there would be no hunt. Now I wont sleep until its here lol

45. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Today I will be getting my computer ready, clearing my schedule, and setting up my desk for maximum hunting comfort.

Nope, nothing wrong with us at all…

J Brister says:

The egg hunt for me is equivalent to my kids Christmas eve.

A craddick says:

Wondering what day it will start…….

K Philo says:

49. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

And the super fun side game of finding out which one fills up first, your egg basket, or your cart! :)

whimsy girl says:

I’m betting it will start tomorrow. Doesn’t it usually run for a week? and Tuesday the server will crash because of the millions of egg hunters out there. My kids are saying “don’t do it mom! we won’t see you until Easter!”

51. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Looking at past runs, it should be “somewhere in the next 48 hours, barring any technical issues,” but I do find it interesting there is so little mention of it anywhere, if any. The crossword sales went on as usual, so I don’t think we have cause to panic yet. I figure they are just super busy, as I think it takes a lot of prep work.

52. Rebekah C
    Rebekah C says:

Eggs! Eggs! Eggs! Where are you??

53. Leena P
    Leena P says:

What?! No eggs yet?

I wouldn’t worry too much, though, since this little phrase was at the bottom of the latest email newsletter from limabeads: “We’re really egg-cited for next week… stay tuned! :)

54. Shayla
    Shayla says:

Egg-cited is right!

55. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Oh, I see it now Leena, yay!

56. Karokat
    Karokat says:

No social life for next week – I may even skip my Bead Society meeting to hunt for Lima eggs! I wonder if I could hunt for eggs on my Kindle. Did anyone try that last year?

whimsy girl says:

I used my kindle. it works

Carole S says:

Waiting for the Easter Egg hunt to start. But not to change the subject: I never saw anything about the winners of the crossword puzzle earlier this year or any idea what the winning word was? I had figured out all the words but couldn’t come up with the answer. Never saw anything on the blog.

59. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Huh, that’s true. I hope it’s okay to say, but I think it was “embellish.”

60. Nancy Z
    Nancy Z says:

Karokat -totally off subject – what breed is the dog in your photo? Looks just like ours and I don’t know the mix….

61. Nancy Z
    Nancy Z says:

Waiting for the Egg Hunt too! Tomorrow must be the big day!

L D says:

I have mentioned it to my boyfriend several times and he just ignores me. But I am ready! I am a working stiff so I won’t find them all – but I almost made the top 100 last year so that is my goal.

63. Karokat
    Karokat says:

Hi Nancy, my dog is a miniature long-haired dachshund. We got her from a dachshund rescue group, so we have no real proof, but they thought she might be a purebred. We don’t care – we just love her to pieces! She’s not going to like the Easter Egg Hunt because she doesn’t like competing with the laptop for lap space. That’s why I was hoping I could use my Kindle. Thanks for the answer, whimsy girl!

whimsy girl says:

your welcome. The only thing I can’t get to on the kindle is the blog (here)

65. Karokat
    Karokat says:

That’s weird, cause I’m on my Kindle now. I just wasn’t sure the eggs would show up on the Kindle, or get tracked properly. I seem to remember some people having problems with egg hunting on their Ipads a couple years ago.

66. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

This is crazy. Only Lima can keep so many adults so egg-cited like little children over an egg hunt. One thing I’ve determined over the years is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it gets started. So I remain egg-stemely and egg-cessively anxious to get started. Lima does an egg-cellent job preparing the cite for such a massive hunt. Let the fun begin! Please.

67. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

I hope they don’t wait much longer to start. Those of us determined to find as many as possible really need the whole week!

If we have to wait much longer it will be a real scramble to find them all. Eggs, eggs where are you ….

69. Crazy Beader
    Crazy Beader says:

Last year the Hunt was posted at 3AM – - so they are several hours late in my opinion ! Am as eager to start as the rest of you – - -

70. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

I got up at 3 this morning just to get a “jump” on hunting–but I was dismayed when it didn’t start. So–Lima–you’re killing us here. Can’t you just hear them chuckling in the background–saying–”how long can we tease them with this?

71. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

So long as it’s chuckling and not sweating or swearing because something’s not working! Oh well, I guess I’ll get these dishes done this morning after all.

72. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

I’m on my 3rd load of laundry already. Since my 3AM attempt was not good, I got up at 6:30 when my husband went fishing. I’ve got the entire morning to myself, so I was hoping my egg hunting would be well on its way before he gets back. Hmm.

73. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

I wonder how many refresh hits they’re getting on the front page right now.

Maybe if I go take a bath or make a phone call…

74. Nancy Z
    Nancy Z says:

Dinner is in the crock pot – I’m ready! Let’s go! This is eggzasperating!

75. buffie
    buffie says:

on your mark..get set.. c’mon Lima Lets go! Im ready lol

76. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

um…IS there an Easter egg hunt this year?

Hi everyone… we are all egg-shausted over here from some hard work over the weekend :) Hang tight in there. We’ll be back with you shortly.

78. diamonddustshoe

Yay, thanks!

L D says:

Problem is I need to go to work :( and I won’t be home until about 9pm. There goes the leader board. Must get ready for work now but love the egg hunt!!!

80. buffie
    buffie says:

Thanks for the update steve…i’ll just wait and have another cup of coffee. lol

81. Chickie Nonnie T
    Chickie Nonnie T says:

Lets be patient people – you can’t rush perfection. Lima Beads ALWAYS comes through for us! Absolutely the best customer service ever! Love you guys, always have!

82. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

It makes me chuckle that so many of us are sitting here waiting :D

A craddick says:

But has it ever started mid day?

Diane V says:

It says its on on my screen but haven’t seen an egg anywhere.

85. Jacquie H
    Jacquie H says:

All of the “eggs” are showing up with no pic just the html place marker……

86. Cristie
    Cristie says:

It’snot showing up on my computer. No eggs…can’tget into anything 2015 related :(

Rosebead says:

I can’t find any eggs either.

88. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Okay, so I’m not the only one….

89. Miz Jenni
    Miz Jenni says:

nothing showing here for me either…only that the hunt is on in my header :(

90. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Yet there’s a leaderboard with someone at 17 already? I dumped all the cookies and cache and logged out and back in…nothing.

91. Leena P
    Leena P says:

I’ve tried with two different computers, and no eggs to be found. Well, I did find one, but I didn’t really see it, just the html-thingy by accident. The blog seems to be out of order as well…404 error.

92. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

the eggs on my computer are showing up as a box made of lines

93. Daniell h
    Daniell h says:

:*( sad

staffelm says:

Ditto.. :(

95. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

I’ve tried three browsers and can’t get it to come up.

96. Stone Treasures
    Stone Treasures says:

Help Lima!!! Had a header about the hunt and now it’s gone!

97. diamonddustshoe

Mine, too. People are already up to 30 eggs on that board I saw. No fair. :(

Diane V says:

they took it down to fix it I’ll bet. I was clicking the blank boxes and it was saying I found an egg. Now they are all gone.

99. Leena P
    Leena P says:

I think they are fixing the problem now, since the header is gone, and so are the “eggs” I had found…

A craddick says:

Hum, I saw nothing. Must have missed it all. Hoping it gets fixed soon

101. Cristie
    Cristie says:

The beauty of glitches

102. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

poor Kevin

L D says:

I have seen nothing anywhere on the web page that indicates the egg hunt is on – what am I missing?????

104. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

or Steve rather. LOL

105. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

So far, just a bunch of us freaking out. ;) Looks like it’s getting fixed at the moment.

106. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

I imagine both, D Gooding, since I’m sure they got flooded with messages. Wonder what happened?

F Bradley says:

I’ll patiently wait, have other things I can be doing in the meantime. :)

108. Cristie
    Cristie says:

@F Bradley~~ make a mestloaf for your soon to be neglected family! I just did and now I’m feeling guilt free :)

F Bradley says:

@ Cristie, meals have been prepared and portioned, all they have to do is throw them in the microwave, except for the roast that is in the crock for the crockpot for tomorrow night…lol.

110. Cristie
    Cristie says:

You’re a good woman, F Bradley!

111. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

someone wanna make my husband dinner? LMAO!!!

112. Chickie Nonnie T
    Chickie Nonnie T says:

I saw some of those little boxes. I thought I just needed to restart my computer. I had no idea it was a glitch in the hunt.

A craddick says:

Dang you are prepared if you have all that set. Too funny! Easter Egg Hunt rules all!

Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

I was already up to 26 eggs. If I have to start all over…. I guess I will. That’s life.

115. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

Got my last load of laundry in the dryer; meatloaf is in the frig to go in oven later; dishes are all caught up. This waiting is crazy. Every time I refresh, I’m hoping the “GO” sign is on.

Annie 1 says:

i have found no eggs, whats going on….

117. Kevin
    Kevin says:

Oops! We jumped the gun a bit. The egg hunt will be back momentarily and we’re pretty sure that any eggs you may have found earlier today will be saved :)

Also, our apologies that the egg hunt is starting a bit late this year. Over the past few days, we’ve moved Lima to some bigger and better servers. We’re hoping that the site won’t get slow or crash during the hunt like it has the past couple of years!

Thanks everyone. Happy hunting.

118. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

Appreciate the update, Kevin. Thank you for your hard work getting everything ready. We are just a little “antsy” waiting.:)

L D says:

It is 11:15 here so I will take my lunch break when the hunt starts – so I hope it starts soon :0) I told my coworker today starts my addition week – he remembers the egg hunt from last year!

A craddick says:

Thanks for the update

121. Shayla
    Shayla says:

Thanks for the update!

F Bradley says:

@ Cristie, nah, I just remember the whine last year…LOL and I wasn’t on it non stop either….LOL

123. Karokat
    Karokat says:

I don’t see any eggs yet. Are others seeing them? Just got back from the vet and saw that there were glitches.

Nancy Z, your dog does look sort of like mine, only more slender. My plump Sadie is on a diet.

F Bradley says:

I’m not seeing them yet…

F Bradley says:

I still have 2014 hunt on my screen

Annie 1 says:

I don’t see any eggs

127. Stone Treasures
    Stone Treasures says:

Still no eggs! Blog still only showing the 2014 egg hunt

A craddick says:

Must be some major issues. Maybe we will get am extra prize for the wait. Just kidding. I know they put in a lot of work and I appreciate it! Thanks guys (and gals)

129. LadyDi
    LadyDi says:

Maybe I’ll get home from work before it starts and not have to keep hiding my screen when someone walks by, lol!! ;-)

F Bradley says:

LOL @ LADYDI!! In that respect, I’m glad I retired, however, had I factored my bead habit into retirement, I’d still be working. I hate trying to plan my little bit of allowed shopping.. LOL.

Rosebead says:

Have we lost the ability to find eggs again? I have only 6 and have been on lots of pages of product and no eggs. Something doesn’t feel right

T Koetke says:

Well that was a first for me in 7 yrs of hunting eggs, getting kicked off the website last night for 5 hours with.. “There are the maximum amount of users on this website domain, try again later”…say what? How many people is that???? Wow! NOT during the egg hunt grrrrr… but glad to see the hunt has grown that much!!

133. B Miller
    B Miller says:

Thanks again for a great hunt, Lima Beads! Didn’t drive myself crazy this year as I have in the past – ended up with 65 eggs and some great prizes, looking forward to receiving my order soon! :-)

134. hendersonlc
    hendersonlc says:

Darn! I stopped at 100 eggs. Now I wish I had kept going just a little bit longer. With 6 more I could have made the leader board. Maybe next year.

• R HunterR Hunter said »
    “Gee! Now I know what to do with those anchors I bought! …”
  • dyzzybishopdyzzybishop said »
    “Thanks for making this site easy to find on my phone!I bead/design …”
  • Leena PLeena P said »
    “Congrats to M Chen, and once more, a huge thank you to …”
  • KarokatKarokat said »
    “Congrats to M Chen, and thanks once again to Limabeads (especially Steve) …”
  • diamonddustshoediamonddustshoe said »
    “I got order #2 in today (see, super fast!), and put together …”
  • MandollynMandollyn said »
    “Again, I want to commend Lima Beads for all the size variations... …”