Follow along with step-by-step beading projects and share your designs with beaders around the world—it’s quick & easy!
- “Metallic Flower Strap Bracelet”: on
“Nice, I want to try and get some tools to make these bracelets for my son…” read »
- “Mask Man”: on
“Very pretty,and quite unique. I can see why it sold. The colors of the beads work…” read »
- “Parisan Earrings”: on
“Beautiful contrast of the light blue beads and darker metal. The Pearls give them so much…” read »
- “MOP Spectator”: on
“Truly you can't go wrong when it comes to black and white. I never get…” read »
- “Dragonfly's Meadow”: on
“I am thinking blue bonnets, indian paint brushes,emerald green grass color and of course those delightful…” read »
- “jewlery collection 2013”: on
“Looks like lots of newbies come to LB for the Easter Egg Hunt - - -…” read »
- “Stress/Anxiety Relief & Protection”: on
“I really love learning the healing properties of various stones, colors & metals. Your fabulous…” read »
- “Dripping Nuggets Necklace”: on
“Forget the question. Since it's wire it will be secured after wrapping. DUH, lol…” read »
- “Dripping Nuggets Necklace”: on
“Love this one! I've always loved the Boho look. One question. How do you secure the…” read »
- “Yellow Bold Flower Ring”: on
“awesome i love the yellow rose exspecially that song dolly parton sings yellow roses…” read »
- “Faerydae”: on
“Yes this is so beautiful indeed!! I just started doing the Kumihimo, but have not done…” read »
- “*ARGH!*”: on
“This is stunning! I love the colors and know what you mean about the camera--mine…” read »
- “A Many Colored Necklace”: on
“Cool!! I love all the different elements in this piece.Well done!!…” read »
- “Winter Mix Shell Pearls”: on
“I'd love to wear this. It's so feminine,but has a bit of an edge to it.…” read »
- “*ARGH!*”: on
“I have a totally finished bracelet that I have to take apart because of a broken…” read »
About this design:
* THIS POSTING IS MY SECOND POSTING for the "Diamonds and Rust" Challenge (if you need to see the details, I've attached them in the instructions section for this set), called, COPACABANA. So many fun colors that name just seemed to fit.
The reason that I decided to post it for this challenge is because I've been saving all of my lampwork, gemstones and vermeil beads. So decided to mix them and pull out all the stops and use these luscious beads. And, I don't really care for yellow or orange, so made it a mission to find a way to use them in this design.
The necklace has a lovely large round spree lampwork bead and the bracelet a coordinating large round lampwork bead. Also are luscious blue dotted lampwork beads, carnelian, micro faceted citrine, faceted carnelian, faceted tanzanite blue quartz, aquamarine in several sizes, white coin pearls, deep blue pearls, mystic pink topaz and lots and lots of vermeil beads.
Hope you are having a great creative weekend and that you like this set!
Here's all you need to do:
* Sift through your beads and pull out some that you've been saving (or an article/picture) about a technique that you'd like to try.
* The project can be in any design and bead combination, but it needs to use some special beads to you, a special new technique for you, or basically give you a reason to write a bit and let us know why you have saved these beads (or this technique) for this occasion!
* The project can be dressy or casual, hence the name "Diamonds and Rust" ... copper, silver, gold, just beads, wire, string, yarn, leather, PMC, you name it.
* This project shouldn't cost you anything, please use what you have readily available or improvise. Afterall, this Challenge is all about learning or doing something different than your 'normal thing'!
* If you feel the need to buy something to 'round out your materials', please buy your items from Lima Beads!
* Work on your project and submit it anytime between now and 10/31/10.
* Title your work "Diamonds and Rust" - NAME OF PROJECT, so we can easily check out your items that you are posting for this Personal Challenge.
* Good news: This Challenge may also help you get a head start on your holiday projects.
* For those of you who remember the 1975 Joan Baez song, or those who haven't heard it, check out the lyrics/tune to "Diamonds and Rust"!
DIAMONDS AND RUST
(Words and Music by Joan Baez)
Well I'll be damned
Here comes your ghost again
But that's not unusual
It's just that the moon is full
And you happened to call
And here I sit
Hand on the telephone
Hearing a voice I'd known
A couple of light years ago
Heading straight for a fall
As I remember your eyes
Were bluer than robin's eggs
My poetry was lousy you said
Where are you calling from?
A booth in the midwest
Ten years ago
I bought you some cufflinks
You brought me something
We both know what memories can bring
They bring diamonds and rust
Well you burst on the scene
Already a legend
The unwashed phenomenon
The original vagabond
You strayed into my arms
And there you stayed
Temporarily lost at sea
The Madonna was yours for free
Yes the girl on the half-shell
Would keep you unharmed
Now I see you standing
With brown leaves falling around
And snow in your hair
Now you're smiling out the window
Of that crummy hotel
Over Washington Square
Our breath comes out white clouds
Mingles and hangs in the air
Speaking strictly for me
We both could have died then and there
Now you're telling me
You're not nostalgic
Then give me another word for it
You who are so good with words
And at keeping things vague
Because I need some of that vagueness now
It's all come back too clearly
Yes I loved you dearly
And if you're offering me diamonds and rust
I've already paid
© 1975 Chandos Music (ASCAP)