The 8th Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Lima Beads has come to a close, and we have the usual recap and results to report Read on…
Leaderboard Gift Certificates
Just like last year, everyone that was on the Leaderboard at the end of the hunt gets a $20 Gift Certificate. We sent them yesterday morning via e-mail… if you finished on the leaderboard, we’re in awe of your sp-egg-tacular dedication to finding those pesky little pastel pods. Congrats again!
The Grand Prize
This year’s grand prize winner (awarded by random drawing from the Top 10 hunters on the Leaderboard) is…. Myriam V! Just like last year, we drew her name out of an empty Twizzler container (we’ve got a lot of those lying around for some reason). Congrats, Myriam! Your gift certificate was also e-mailed to you.
As you know, we changed the way we handle prizes this year. We know there were some hunters that liked the old way, and some who liked the new way better. We ran some numbers, and we’re happy to report that we sent out well over twice the number of prizes this year! Regardless of the new format, we hope you all love your prizes. We’ll be sure to take everyone’s feedback into account when we decide what to do next year.
Since we can’t reveal the positions of the every egg, we wanted to give some stats to quench your thirst for eggs this week. Here goes:
- As I mentioned above, there were more than twice the amount of prizes redeemed this year
- Over 130,000 eggs were found this year across all the hunters who participated–WOW!
- It took Matt longer than ever to hide all 300 eggs this year (haha)
- All the eggs were found at least once.
- The most commonly found egg was the one on the home page, very closely followed by the one on the Gemstone Beads page.
- The first egg was found even before I could find one after launching the hunt at 6:30am on Sunday. Talk about fast hunters!
- The final egg was found only 21 seconds before 12 midnight Pacific time on Sunday night… talk about cutting it close!
- The most popular prize was: Zola Elements Patina Green Brass Falling Feather Pendant 8x38mm
- The second most popular prize was: Pewter Beech Leaf Charm 7x15mm
… and a Big THANK YOU!
As always, we owe everyone a huge “Thank You” for taking part in the hunt. It takes a lot of time to pick out hiding spots and place all those little eggs, but that doesn’t come close to the amount of time you all spend trying to find them So thanks for helping make the week fun for everyone. We hope you enjoyed it! We hope everyone had a safe & happy Easter. Until next time…