Summer Savings Week 4: All Findings, Stringing, and Wire Supplies Up To 30% Off!

Easter Egg Hunt 2018

Posted by Steve on March 26 at 03:02 pm

The time has come for the 10th Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Lima Beads! We’ve been egg-xtremely hard at work this weekend hiding eggs all over the site for the past few days… and we hope you have fun again this year : ) Just like the previous hunt, we have over $2,000 in gift certificates that we’re giving away to the top hunters! :) And, there are tons of great prizes this year… Read more below, or check out the Hunt Page to get started!

The Basics

We’ve scattered 300 Easter eggs all over our website. The more eggs you find, the more prizes you get! We have a leaderboard to track the progress of all the egg hunters, and the top 100 hunters will all get gift certificates! The hunt lasts all week, and ends at 11:59pm Pacific time on Easter (April 1).

300 Eggs??!

That’s right, we hid 300 total eggs on our website (the same as last year). It seems like a lot, but it really helps cure those droughts between eggs.

The Prizes

Just like last year, we have a big pool of prizes, and you use your eggs as currency to pick and choose your prizes. For example, if you find 10 eggs, you can pick a couple prizes–for example, you could pick a prize that costs 3 eggs, another that costs 4 eggs, and one that costs a single egg (for a total of 10). The more eggs you find, the more prizes you’ll be eligible for! PLUS, we’re giving away a $20 gift certificate to every single hunter on the leaderboard when the hunt ends–just like last year! Keep an eye on the leaderboard and read more about the prizes on the Hunt page.

An Important Note for Long-Time Egg Hunters

Make sure to check out the FAQ on the hunt, where we post some details about where you will and won’t find eggs.

The Rules

We have detailed rules and some FAQs on the hunt page, so we suggest you check those out. There are a few things we want you to know, however. When you place an order to redeem your prizes, normal shipping rates apply (as low as $2.99 for U.S. customers). We have lots of great gifts this year, but we can’t guarantee they will all be available when the hunt ends on Sunday. So place your orders early to make sure you get the gifts you want!

What are you waiting for? Start hunting!

Read the comments

The 2018 hunt is on! Remember, the most important rule is: Have fun! :)

Attention long-time hunters: I wanted to bring your attention to the FAQ, where we made a small change to the “excluded areas” for this year’s hunt. This year, you won’t have to look under the “Create & Learn” area OR the “What’s Fresh” area in the green menu bar. Everywhere else is fair game :) Last year, we had just one excluded area, so I wanted to call this out in case any of our eggs-perienced hunters didn’t catch it. Hunt on!

L Childress says:

Sooo excited to hunt for the eggs!!!! Luv it!!

4. Moogie
    Moogie says:

Thanks Steve! Go git ‘m Limapeeps!!

5. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Are the links “Add to My Wishlist,” “Send to a Friend,” and “Add to My Fresh Pick Designs” on each item also considered pop ups like the photo links, as in there are no eggs there this time? Thanks. :)

@diamonddustshoe: Yes, the “Add to My Wishlist,” “Send to a Friend,” and “Add to My Fresh Pick Designs” are considered pop-ups, so you DO NOT have to look there :)

7. diamonddustshoe

Thank you SO much, Steve! That saves us all a TON. :D

Y Buonamici says:

Oh, I do not like the new way the Gemstone pages are done. I can’t tell what is a page and what isn’t!

Charlotte F says:

My first time at this. I have been looking at several pages. Do I have to go to each individual bead’s “page” or will the eggs show up on the photo of the bead on the section’s page?

10. Moogie
    Moogie says:

Welcome Charlotte F! Groan. Both are fair game. You have to look at each individual page. The best advice I can give anyone is be methodical/systematic. If I wasn’t, I’d forget if I had already looked…

H Wolfe says:

I feel like I’m doing something wrong. I’ve scanned dozens of pages and found nothing. Do I need to also click on each individual item description to find eggs. Or, is looking at the pages where it’s broken down into categories enough. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Jamika a says:

this is confusing

Y Buonamici says:

Steve–Help! I am not understanding the areas with “loading” beads. For example, in Gemstones, if you click on a box it “loads” the different beads. Now am I just looking at the beads it has loaded, or is that an entirely new page? I don’t get it.

Tara Y says:

This is addictive! My son and I are having lots of fun with this.

15. Snowy
    Snowy says:

I have a blister already!!! But Thank you for making some of the eggs “easy”…

1josh9 says:

Agree that the revamp of the gemstone section is very confusing as to whether or not opening each tile constitutes a new “page.” The address doesn’t change, but the page clearly does.

Y Buonamici says:

I hope Steve will address this because that is not the only place this happens.

Love the egg hunt! You guys have really gotten ‘creative’ as to where you are hiding the little devils! :-)

H Wolfe says:

Disappointed. Felt like I was doing good finding eggs, now I literally can’t find any. Not sure if there’s a glitch or what. It’s like they aren’t loading. I’ve spent 2-3 hours scrolling and opening everything :(

Mellissa B says:

H Wolfe I feel the same. I seriously just need to walk away but I love a challenge.

Hi all, I agree that the way the Gemstones are displayed now is a bit confusing with regards to egg hunting. And every year, changes like this on our website make us re-think the FAQ :)

Our definition of a “page” on the site was written when the Easter Egg Hunt was in its younger years, and there were lots of questions about how to find eggs. Now that we’ve made lots of updates to our site since then, some clarification might be in order.

I just looked all where all the eggs are hidden, and here’s what I can tell you. The gemstone beads page is a starting point for where lots of product pages can be accessed. Those product pages are accessed by clicking on the gemstone circle, and then clicking on the individual product name or picture. And those pages are fair game for eggs… So if you’re trying to find as many eggs as humanly possible, then you’ll need to scour the gemstone section and every product underneath (as well as all the other product pages, to answer H Wolfe’s question).

However, if you’re not one of the people that wants to scour every product and page on the site, then there are still plenty of eggs for you to find that will get you some cool prizes.

I know these answers sometimes are a bit vague, but we try not to give too many hints. I hope it helps!

And to H Wolfe and Mellissa B, I totally feel your pain :) If I didn’t have to click on these eggs for my job, I wouldn’t make it past an hour :) My advice would be to stick it out until you can pick up a couple prizes… Kevin was feeling pretty nice this year and let a few super-popular ones sneak into the prize mix!

1josh9 says:

Yeah, I get not trying to give hints, but that honestly doesn’t really answer the question at all. Thanks anyway, not sure how much longer I’ll continue to participate. Each year it gets more & more frustrating, and not sure the payout is worth it anymore.

Y Buonamici says:

Steve, I have to agree with 1josh9. This does not answer the question. Appreciate your trying to help, but it is still unclear. What we want to know is: Say I open Gemstones, that’s a page. Now I click on Opal–a bunch of products appear–is this now a new page? I understand that I can click on each Opal product separately but do I need to scroll up and down the whole page while the Opal products are listed?

H Wolfe says:

Ok, so, for example,on the Gemstones page-there’s a circle for Abalone Beads, then a list comes up-do we need to click on each individual listing to find an egg-there’s also the ‘more photos and ideas’ link that takes you to that individual listing-do we need to click those????? I’ve literally done 75% of all the pages with list format before clicking the ‘more’ button and haven’t found any eggs in over 3 hours now. So, either they are too well hidden or something is really wrong. And, I only have 39 eggs. I wish I could attach a screenshot to make this clearer.

H Wolfe: Yes, if you want to find all the eggs that are hidden, then you’ll need to click on each individual product. We realize this is incredibly daunting, and that’s why we have prizes for people like me who would stop after just a few eggs.

Regarding the questions about the gemstones page: technically, everywhere on the gemstones page is fair game. that is our “official” answer. Unofficially, though, I wouldn’t worry about eggs loadng onto that page when you click the circles. I would worry more about using it as an access point to reach the individual product pages (if you’re hunting for the maximum number of eggs).

infiniteworlds says:

I’ve never done this before. Could I ask how big the eggs are? Or what they look like? I’ve been looking for an hour and haven’t found my first one. I don’t know what I’m looking for. :(

Hi infiniteworlds: start with our home page, and you’ll see the big egg with a speech bubble. Click that, and that will give you your first egg, and make sure you’re logged in (remember to hunt for eggs while you are logged in). All the other eggs are much smaller (under an inch, to give you an inexact ballpark), and can be found on all types of pages of our site. You can either cash your found eggs out with a few smaller prizes, or put some serious time in like some of our veteran hunters and try to find them all. Good luck!

Y Buonamici says:

OK, Steve, Gotcha. Thanks a bunch.

30. Stingray haines
    Stingray haines says:

One thing to remember would be to let the pages load completely-the eggs won’t show up if you don’t.

31. whitechocolate
    whitechocolate says:

I made it to the leaderboard for the first time ever! And think I may have spent the past more than 2 hours doing nothing else but searching for eggs. All done and cashing in on this year’s hunt with sanity intact. Good luck everyone!

C Haddock says:

Ok… Let’s all admit it. We all know the EE hunt is a marketing tool, and that is why there are eggs on individual pages. Because, well, that’s how you sell product no one knew yet they couldn’t live without. (Guilty as charged.) ;) In all seriousness though, if your site had a “Next” feature on each product page that would let you go from that individual item to the next individual item to the next, etc., (like lots and lots of other online shopping sites), instead of having to go back and forth and back and forth from whatever “list” page they are part of, it would make the egg hunt – and more importantly to me, shopping on your site – a whole lot easier to deal with. I love your products, I love your service, I love your value, but when I have a large number of options to look at from a category or a search, it is a huge pain and really frustrating to have to keep going back and forth between the items and whatever list they come up on. Every. Single. Time. NOT fun! And on that note, I know what prizes I would like, know how many eggs that will take, am about 3/4 of the way there, so I will soldier on despite the frustration. Good luck to all fellow hunters, especially those with the gumption to reach for those triple-digit numbers of eggs. I salute you! :)

33. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Good night. It was a very good first day on the hunt.

H Wolfe says:

This is my first year doing this. However, 2 eggs in little more than 2 hours- I’m a determined person but I may be calling it quits on this. As others have said the back and forth to sift thru individual pages is extremely time consuming. Even to shop it’s very discouraging since it’s super inefficient. I was really excited about the egg hunt-seemed like such a fun idea, however, after spending soooooo much time with very little results I’m just disappointed.

We’re very sorry you feel that way, H Wolfe! But I totally understand–and we hope you pick up a few prizes that you like.

ElzbietaM S says:

60 eggs found. 240 still laughing at me from the hidden corners… ;) Finally got to leaderboard, so lets the fun begin! The funniest part will come when I start clicking all Easter Eggs on other sites too XD Not yet….

37. Elaine
    Elaine says:

I appreciate the work you all put in for the Easter egg hunt….but….I’m all in! My right arm is about to fall off! ha ha! Way too much clicking…going back and forth…one link leads to several other links and I get lost or confused. I’ve been trying to be methodical in my search, but my arm is killing me! So, the fun doesn’t last very long for me. I’m happy I found 80 eggs and I will get a nice prize for them! Good luck everyone, and thanks again Lima Beads! :)

H Wolfe says:

Can we chose multiple quantities of a single prize as long as we have enough eggs? Like, 3 of one item to use the eggs?

Elaine, we’re glad you’re picking up a prize! Thanks for hunting along this year :)

H Wolfe, we have a quantity limit of 1 on our gifts due to the fact that we need to make them last for as many people as possible.

40. L Thompson
    L Thompson says:

Am I the only one having a problem with the pictures of everything loading? Everything was fine a couple of hours ago, but decided to take a nap. Now every page comes up with squares and a description of the picture. I am afraid of going on because an egg may be hidden in what is not showing up. I have waited, refreshed pages and even closed out the website for awhile. Still nothing. Steve, help.

L Thompson, we aren’t seeing anything on our end that would cause images to stop loading. We have an array of devices here in the office, and they all seem to be working fine. I’m crossing my fingers that the problem solved itself for you in the time since you posted your comment.

Jodie B says:

If it has a “Close window” option is this a page? or a pop up?

Hi Jodie B, it sounds like you are in a popup if you are seeing an option to “Close window”. There won’t be any eggs in these kind of popups.

Addicted 2 Sparkle says:

When you go to a page that has many sizes… like under Czech glass, it says “all sizes” then lists like 8mm, 10mm, etc. The rules said there are not eggs hidden in the “view all” is this the same as “all sizes”? Or could there be eggs under all sizes. I guess I assumed they were the same thing. Can you clarify? Thank you!!

Batya W says:

Are all the eggs visible on an iPad?

46. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Im at the point of opening each individual item. Wow, its tedious, but when an egg shows up, its so exciting. Still having fun!

47. Victoria E
    Victoria E says:

Im off the leaderboard. Found 59 but dont have time to click on any more individual items. Good luck to all.

Addicted to Sparkle: yes, it is possible that eggs are on the different size pages like 8mm and 10mm.

Batya: yes, eggs should be visible on an iPad.

49. HeatherD
    HeatherD says:

Having so much fun searching for eggs!!!! Steve, just an FYI–the link to Artistic Braided Wire gave me an error.

Charlotte F says:

Two words: YouTube
    Please demo a couple of eggs this way and I think we would all “get” it.

51. Mandollyn
    Mandollyn says:

Spent an hour and a half yesterday and found 44 eggs.

Spent an hour this evening and found 1. Seems like I am now in need of going deeper into the products!!!

52. Tana
    Tana says:

What about Deals? Especially Last Chance. It’d be like looking twice
    If I want to order an item later is there a place I can type in page # or do I keep forwarding (besides looking through my History) this pho is out of date and sooo slow!) Been courious about that.
    Thanks

53. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Another day, another egg. Good night, all!

54. Dionisia
    Dionisia says:

On the Leaderboard! Phew! :-) Going to bed now… Hey East Coast, do not start too early in the morning! Let me be on the Leaderboard for about 5 minutes. :-)
    This is a lot of fun as it has always been. Too bad I do not have too much time this week…
    Thank you Limabeads crew for the annual funtastic egg hunt!

55. Jeanne S
    Jeanne S says:

The problem with the new display of the gemstones is that once the circles are open there is no obvious way to close them again and they start to obscure other eggs and take over the screen. The only way I found to close them was to do a screen refresh. That is a lot of extra steps. Is there a better way to close them?

56. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Jeanne, in the upper right of the gray section that comes down for each stone should be a little X that will close it. Opening the next stone left or right closes the one next to it, but they stay open row to row until you close them.

57. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Another quick question: are the sliders above the item lists, like color, shape, style, etc still fair game? Like if it would be to one end when you loaded it, then you move the arrow and there might be an egg? I’m hoping this is okay to ask since there’s so many of them on the site.

58. WireWrangler
    WireWrangler says:

Hi all and thank you to the LIMA crew, once again, a fun and challenging hunt! I have participated in every hunt, this makes 10th? I believe?

To you green beans (newbies), hang in there, it does get easier with practice and over the years. I salute all those with the temerity that it takes to survive to the end! Pure Audacity! I am one of those who sets goals.

FYI, this year was easier for me, I quickly achieved my goals in the first session of hunting. I was possibly missing the whole section that was eliminated this year! I made the leaderboard and stayed there most of the first day, I filled my bag with goodies, half of those are freebies. I am cashing in and wish you all a Happy Easter.

Once again, thank you Lima Crew for some free fun and goodies and to Steve a special thank you from this well seasoned hunter.

59. Mandollyn
    Mandollyn says:

Diamonddust- yes. Sliders and the such are still fair game.

60. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

I knew they might be on the portion you see when you load the page, but wondered if any required you to move the slider back and forth to find it. When there’s 4 or more “pages” of them to do every time, it gets a little tedious. Oh well.

Heather D: Thanks for the heads-up about the braided wire link. We’ll fix it up! The Easter Egg Hunt always shines a light on the little things that need attention!

Tana R: The Deals section, including the Last Chance area, is fair game for eggs.

diamonddustshoe: The sliders are technically fair game. I can tell you, though, that we historically have never hidden very many eggs in those, since it would be so time consuming to look though them all (we try and be reasonable!). So you wouldn’t be missing a whole lot if you skipped out on the sliders.

62. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Tells me what I need to know, thanks! :)

63. whimsy girl
    whimsy girl says:

I am using a tablet, and those gemstone lists in the circles do not stay open. I have to go back and reopen them after every selection. Should I save that part for my PC?

maryb says:

Hi Steve, Having spent a LOT of time in the gemstone section (not only during the egg hunt), it may be helpful to have an X to close a stone’s section at the bottom of the list as well as at the top. That might make navigation a little easier in general. THANKS for all you (and all the Lima staff) do!

65. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Good morning. Back to the hunt. I do have to go to the Dr today. Don’t want to go, wanna look for eggs. I’m obsessed.

Mara P says:

As much as I enjoy the hunt, in the past 3 days I have only found 43 eggs…and they were long days.
    I cannot imagine that there are 300 eggs. I have looked everywhere! What am I doing wrong?

67. annabellebs13
    annabellebs13 says:

Pictures of the products, size pic, glamour shot and variance pic are those game?

68. annabellebs13
    annabellebs13 says:

Also the drop down menu for the sorting options are they fair game?

saracohenjewelry says:

do you have to click into each single product page to also find eggs?!

Waif of North says:

Hi. If I look at all the “links” under “findings,” do I also need to look at “links” under “Tierracast?” Or will I already have covered them?
    Thanks!

71. Beauty Sought Khristin
    Beauty Sought Khristin says:

When there is the option to “see additional 15 (or whatever) items do we click on that or is it a pop-up?

annabellebs13: No, you don’t have to look at the additional photos / glamour shots to find eggs. And no, you don’t have to use the sorting menu. You can read additional details about this and a couple other tips under the FAQ on the hunt page.

saracohenjewelry: If you’re trying to find as many eggs as humanly possible, then yes, you’d need to visit each product page (a lot!). If that sounds like too much, there are still plenty of eggs hidden on the section / category pages to pick up plenty of cool prizes.

Beauty Sought Khristin: We don’t consider those areas popups, so technically they are fair game and may contain an egg. But I wouldn’t personally recommend spending a lot of time looking in those areas, if you know what I mean :)

Waif of North: Yes, we consider those to be unique areas, so both are fair game.

73. D Brister
    D Brister says:

I have been hunting for two and a half hours and havent found any eggs. Did the bunny pick them all up. Lol!!

74. D Brister
    D Brister says:

75. Moogie
    Moogie says:

Ok Steve. Next year—500 eggs!! There are a bazillion hiding places & after finding the first 50-60, I need more frequent positive reinforcement i.e. clicking those darling eggs!

Ok, back to “work”.

76. Off on a Tangent
    Off on a Tangent says:

Steve, do I need to be looking in the banner across the top (with logo, search box, etc., above green menu bar) and in the green area at the bottom (“Fast Shipping, Easy Returns” etc. and everything below it)? Or just in the white area between? I thought I saw one in the bottom green section just as I left a page but when I went back to look it wasn’t there. I’m starting to see them everywhere out of the corner of my eye….

77. Jewels Fit For A Duchess
    Jewels Fit For A Duchess says:

I know we can redeem eggs for multiple prizes. Can we get the same prize, multiple times? Example: 5 of 1 prize?

78. Moogie
    Moogie says:

Tangent—I can tell you, look everywhere on every page! So, look top, bottom, side to side :)

Jewels, that question was answered somewhere above❤️

79. L Thompson
    L Thompson says:

Just had to stop and let you know that my face hurts. A couple of hours ago I found an “egg” if you could call it that. I want to high five the person who hid it. I’m just saying that I’m not sure it could really pass for an egg or even a baby egg, more like an embryo. Got to love it. Great hunt again this year. I have participated all 10 years now. How time flies.

Y Buonamici says:

Sorry, Steve and others, but I have to vent again. Whoever’s idea the revamp of the Gemstones section was, this was not your brightest day! It’s totally unwieldy, not just for egg hunting (which is worse than the seed beads section), but even for looking for stones to buy. Way too many clicks to get anywhere; when you go back to the “circle” the page opens anywhere but where you want it to and then you have to search for where you are supposed to be, wait for it to load again–yuck!! If I may paraphrase Daisy May from the Li’l Abner musical, “Put it back the way it was!”

Y Buonamici says:

Other than that, you have all done your usual stupendous and clever job.

82. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Another day bites the dust. I think I’ll be on all day tomorrow, then I have to give Easter planning a little bit of my time. LOL

Good night, all.

83. BeadyEyes
    BeadyEyes says:

I have decided to stop at 50 eggs or else I’d be spending every waking moment on this. I do enjoy the egg hunt, but I have to say, it seems odd that with a specific product that has multiple pages (I won’t go into detail here so as not to spoil the hunt), that you can search through every one of those pages for that product and there aren’t any eggs. I feel that it shouldn’t take an hour of searching per egg, but that’s about how long it took me after the first 25. I get that the idea is to explore the site and find things that you want to buy – it’s marketing, and I understand that. It’s just that it gets frustrating to spend an hour or more on some of these categories and find no eggs at all. When that happens, you end up scrolling quickly past everything, watching for that little pink & green oval shape, and not really registering all the great beads and findings. Perhaps if the contest kicked off a little sooner and we had more time to search it would be better?

84. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

Hi Steve – did the email go out announcing the egg hunt this year – if so I didn’t get it. And although it said on the community page for Lima Beads on Facebook that you were hiding the last few eggs and would announce the egg hunt – I didn’t see a post there either. I found the egg hunt has been running for 2 days!!! before I even got a hint it was on…. YIKES I gotta get motoring to find eggs.

85. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

On the flip side – I’ve found lots of sneakily hidden eggs this time. Some of them are so cute. I’m trying to be methodical this year, and I’ve discovered lots of egg deserts….. Having fun

86. whimsy girl
    whimsy girl says:

Y buonicimi (sorry if I spelled that wrong, I can’t see it from here) if, once you pull up a gemstone, and you click on the first one of the category, if you go to the top of the product page you will see three words, like bead>gemstone> agate (or whatever) if you click on the third one it will bring up a page of all the products I
    Under that gemstone. You can go back and forth without reloading the circle page until you run out of products for that gemstone

87. Creel U
    Creel U says:

When a page for an individual item shows similar items at the bottom with the possibility to click to see “all seven,” is that fair game, too? Loving this. My eyes ache, my shoulders ache, but still. . .

88. Tana
    Tana says:

Creel U, I wondered that too. Look at Steve’s answer yesterday the 28th at 3:52pm…

Moogie: *500* eggs? I don’t know if we can handle hiding that many eggs, haha :)

Off on a Tangent: All areas on the page are fair game, including the top and bottom areas.

Jewels Fit for a Duchess: There is a quantity limit of 1 for each gift, mostly because we try and make the gifts last as long as possible for everyone.

L Thompson: Wow, has it been 10 years already? Time does fly. Glad you liked the hiding spot for that egg. Every year we have to hide a few head-hurters :)

BeadyEyes: We totally hear you. Hunting for hours on end can really give you a headache. Believe it or not, there was a time when we hid only 16 eggs! Our site was much smaller then, and we’ve had to tweak the hunt every year to try and make it as enjoyable as possible. My advice is always this: when you start hating the hunt, cash in your prizes and save yourself the headache :)

Pat-from-Oz: we did send out an announcement e-mail on Monday. If you want to make sure you’re receiving our e-mails, you can subscribe again at the bottom of every page.

91. Tana
    Tana says:

I feel fortunate I found 41 eggs on this “old fliver” cell pho my boy loaned me and that I got to let my 7 year old Granson click on an egg! Thank you Steve, I don’t know if there is any other bead sites that are having such an offer. Pretty darn nice!
    Tana

92. Trinkets Gal
    Trinkets Gal says:

Help!
    I must be doing something wrong….I looked at gemstones, clicked on each one, scrolled through the listed beads… not one egg.

Did I misunderstand how to use new gemstone section??

93. Creel U
    Creel U says:

what about seeing additional picks on the next page? I will honestly get too distracted looking at those, so I will skip them. . .

94. Hannah K
    Hannah K says:

Me in the Czech beads:

“Ooh those are pretty. Oh look at that finish! Oh that’s a shape I don’t have. Well, it’s under two bucks.”

Lol, I am obsessed with Czech

95. D Brister
    D Brister says:

Hi Steve. I’m having a hard time finding the eggs. I have been searching the gemstones for three days(today is the third day) and havent found any. I have 64 from the first day, but,nothing since. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong now. So discouraging.

96. Trinkets Gal
    Trinkets Gal says:

@ CREEL U

I was looking at those pages, but Steve said not too many eggs there, so I stopped.

97. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Doing well this year. So happy to be on the leaderboard. Thanks, Lina Beads. I look forward to this every year, but then about this time, I can’t wait for it to be over. Don’t get me wrong. I won’t be giving up until the clock chimes on Sunday night.

Night, all.

L Ziegler says:

Are all the eggs the same size and color?

99. JD13
    JD13 says:

L Ziegler: I’m pretty sure they’re all the same color, but also pretty sure they’re NOT all the same size! :-)

100. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Say, do the servers do an update/backup at around 2:30PST? Usually just a minute of lag and maybe one or two session lock errors, but this time I actually got bumped and had to log back in. I’ll pay attention and wait a few minutes next time if that’s the case. :)

T Greenlay says:

Hi Steve,
    Just wondering…if we are on the Leaderboard and we cash our eggs out for prizes…do we still get our $20 Gift Certificate? Or do we have to wait to cash the eggs in?
    Thanks!

102. EPBCornell
    EPBCornell says:

Whew! When I had the time & computer, got thru gemstones in a day. This year it’s Friday & I only just finished. I can’t even fathom combing thru metal charms & pendants at this point. Czech glass, seed beads… I’m overwhelmed. Maybe time to make a pretty Fresh Pick to wind down…

103. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

T Greenlay – cash out your prizes before the end of the hunt – else you’ll miss out. The $20 gift voucher for those on the leader board arrives after the Hunt is finished. If you wait, you might get the voucher but miss out on all your other prizes. Oh and make sure you allow time to select your prizes and don’t leave it to the last second, you can guarantee that something will happen to make you offline at the critical second. Last year my internet dropped off for the last hour of the hunt. Had worked for days but no. Murphy’s Law. What can go wrong, will go wrong! ( I scuppered Murphy thou, I’d cashed out 2 hours earlier!)

T Greenlay says:

Thx Pat-from-is ☺

T Greenlay says:

Sorry Pat-from-OZ, Autocorrect is a pain in the arse….

Y Buonamici says:

Good morning, Steve. I’m curious about why some items seem to be “missing” from certain lists. For example, I clicked on all the links under Brands for Lillypilly, but when I went to Charms and Pendants and clicied on Cabachons, there were several Lillypilly items that are not in the Lillypilly “Brands” section. Same is true of Seed Beads. I clicked on “All Beads by Name,” but when I go to TOHO numbers, there are a ton (and not all are back in stock products) of seed beads that are not in the All by Name section. ???

107. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

I had the same problem; had to do seed beads from two directions. And there is a LOT of Amoracast not listed under the brand, even things that are not marked out of stock.

108. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

I am enjoying this year’s hunt tremendously. I’m not too concerned about being on the leaderboard, because I never quite get there. I’m trying to beat my own score from last year. My husband is being so patient. So many times I have told him “I can’t right now. I’m looking for eggs”. I look forward to this. I enjoy seeing all the beautiful beads and supplies. Even more so this year.. because last year I was diagnosed with a rare cancer. I’m currently in remission, and doing something like this is some how vey life affirming. So thank you Lima Beads.

Sashae says:

Hi Steve,
    The rules say that the ” what’s fresh”, category is excluded.
    Does that mean that on the individual page when an item appears as “new” or “back in stock”, it also egg-free?

110. Trinkets Gal
    Trinkets Gal says:

Steve…are there any eggs in gemstones at all?
    Going through each section, also by shape, color etc and have found nothing!
    Help ~

111. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Good morning! Back to the hunt. I should be getting ready for Easter, but who cares if my house isn’t as clean as I would like. Gotta find more eggs!!!

J Scoggins says:

Hi Steve, Something happened early this morning and I suddenly discovered I’d been logged out. I logged back in and I don’t think I’ve found a single egg since then. I was up to 122 and near the middle of the leaderboard but now I’m slipping. I even logged out and back in again but still not finding any eggs. Is something out of whack?

113. TheBeadMuseTx
    TheBeadMuseTx says:

The last few hours I’ve devoted to this hunt have delivered 0 eggs and I almost feel like I’m in some eggless twilight zone. It doesn’t help that I’m only able to squeeze an hour or less of time each time I sit down to hunt. It is almost unenjoyable at this point… especially with a crying 8 month old demanding attention in the midst of my short egg hunting time lol.

HEEELP… Save me!

J Scoggins says:

Hellllooooo?! Anybody there? I have put 6+ hours into the hunt today with NO eggs! I’m now about to fall off the board when last night I was near the middle. Is something broken? Is it time to quit? If there’s a problem you should let us know so we don’t waste any more time until it’s fixed.

Jamie L says:

Everything is getting blurry – but I keep hunting on. There were times when I was going to give up on a section and I find an egg with the next click. I have been going back and forth between the big Green Machine and adding to my cart and hunting.

116. Trinkets Gal
    Trinkets Gal says:

STEVE :)

Still no eggs in gemstones….3rd time going through by circles, color, shape etc…..nothing.
    Did you skip that section this year??

117. Jeanne S
    Jeanne S says:

My house is still not kosher for Passover, which it needed to be by yesterday. But a small comment about the prizes. You have some religious symbols in the prizes but there aren’t any Jewish symbols. One would be nice. And you could hide a piece of matzah for an extra prize, just like at a Seder. :) Thanks!

M Lander says:

Mavis T I got a bit over 30 in the gemstone section – tedious but they’re there.

maryb says:

Hi Steve, I don’t know if this has been reported yet, but when you select ‘Supplies’ from the top menu, then ‘Embellishments and Components’, then ‘Tassels’ from the left menu, there is an error message.

L Ziegler: The eggs will vary in size and color a little bit. They all look pretty similar (pastel colors), but with slightly different designs/colors and sizes.

diamonddustshoe: Wow, you are a late/early hunter! :) It is possible that it could get a little slow intermittently overnight, but it shouldn’t last long.

Y Buonamici: It sounds like we have a little bit of work to do to straighten out those brands / categories! It is not intentional. It was probably an oversight. We’ll get it fixed!

D Gooding: We’re glad you’re enjoying it, and we wish you the best!!

Sashae: Products that are “back in stock” or “new” might still have eggs on them. That’s because we consider those products to live under the “Beads” or “Charms & Pendants” sections, etc. Going through the What’s Fresh section might lead you to some of the same products, but there won’t be any new eggs that you can’t get to from the other sections. I hope this makes sense!

Mavis T: I can’t give very specific info on the distribution in the gemstone section. But I know that eggs appear on individual product pages, too, and I know that we didn’t skip the gemstone section entirely–but the eggs might be hiding more often on individual products in that section. Either way, there is a bit of randomness in the process of picking hiding spots, so sometimes there are higher concentrations of eggs in some sections than others.

J Scoggins: As long as you’re logged in, eggs should appear from you. I think it is more likely that you’ve hit that threshold where the eggs start becoming more few and far between… veteran hunters know this feeling well :) If you’re ever curious if you’re logged in and tracking eggs, head over to the hunt page and you should see your egg total next to “Your Progress” above the leaderboard.

Jeanne S: We hear you on that, and we will see what we can do!

maryb: Thanks for the heads-up! We’ll get that fixed.

121. kye
    kye says:

Thanks Lima Beads for all the work you do to make this website so fun and wonderful! I had a blast hunting for those elusive eggs.

M Wilkinson says:

I’m bewildered. Eggs shouldn’t be this hard to find.

Sashae says:

Thanks Steve.
    UGH, I will have to start over!
    Another Egg-citing hunt, just not fairing as well as last year.
    BTW, on recycled glass heart section, states there are 9, but on the page of one it says see all 19, so people may be missing that.
    Have a great Easter!

124. Travelin Chick-marlene
    Travelin Chick-marlene says:

Would someone please explain why I get a pop up saying the hunt is on… etc and there is no egg on that page… this has happened on at least 10 items. If I click to another page then back to the item, it usually disappears. Is this because I’m using my phone to hunt? Thank you.

125. A Time To Bead
    A Time To Bead says:

I haven’t even really started the gemstones yet. When I go back from an individual items page, I get dumped out somewhere random in the “gemstones by stone” page. Ugh! Other than than that having a blast and the first time I’ve looked at comments. Good luck everyone!

126. Trinkets Gal
    Trinkets Gal says:

M.Lander…Thank you for your reply!

Steve , thank you for your reply and for your patience with my questions ~

Y Buonamici says:

my shoulders are killing me! This is a lot of work. The site has grown so much–I think it’s time to increase the gift certificate to $25!

Hoodsinger says:

The egg hunt is grat way to get to know your site and your wide range of products. I keep adding items to my wish list!

In addition to the Tassles dead end link reported earlier, I found a couple of other things.
    In Parawire, under Artists and Brands, the Parawire 12 gauge wire sort gives you one results – Vintaj 26 gauge True Brass.
    Similarly, when you view the Vintaj True Brass wires, there are links to additional gauges, starting at 16 gauge. The 16 gauge link gives a “404″ error.

Where searching Alphabet charms under Charms and Pendants, there is no Tierracast letter “D”, but if you search Tierracast under Artists and Brands the “D” is there.

129. Octobermom
    Octobermom says:

Bead- y friends. Welp!! Been at it since Monday and I concede (!waves white flag). As always, lots of fun and a amazingly surprising where eggs are hidden. Good luck to all, enjoy and have a Happy Easter, y’all

N Lorenz says:

Wow!, I have been at it several nights and some days since it started and I have no idea where people are finding their eggs!! All I can say is the Gemstone area is so hard to navigate and having to go back and forth and up and down and not sure whether your clicking or not is horrible. I’m giving up. I have spent way to much time for the few prizes I’m going to get and I have to say what started as fun has turned out to be hard, hard, hard on the eyes and work. Not smiling any more. Never do this again. I appreciate what Lima Beads is trying to do but I’m not sure I even now want to buy gemstones especially from them if I have to go through this very awkward system. I hope others can get through a lot better than I have. I am a pretty good organizer to and there is no way around the gemstones!!

131. tomasina
    tomasina says:

I completely agree with N. Lorenz, especially about the awkwardness of the gemstone section. I’d also like to point out that your initial description of where eggs might be found was POSSIBLE to interpret as “There won’t be eggs on the individual product pages.” I am very systematic and this screwed me up entirely! I also got the idea that it was only necessary to get to 100 eggs to be up for the $20 gift certificate, and now it seems that was incorrect too. Bah humbug. If you have an egg hunt next year, I won’t even visit the site that week. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am now the unhappy recipient of an optical migraine! Eggs, schmeggs!

132. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Okay guys. For the gemstones, when you want to search each individual item from a menu easily? Right click the name under the circle and choose “open in new tab.”

133. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Good night, all.

134. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

I love gemstones but I agree with previous comments – the gemstone section is a total pain to search and navigate. Would it be fair to state that this year a lot more eggs are hidden on individual product pages. Last year I found over 200 without searching a lot of individual product pages. But this year – oh my!!! It’s been much harder to find them and I’ve just spend 6 hours searching to find exactly 8 eggs. How the leaders are finding these eggs baffles me. Hints on searching strategies from you guys at the top would be nice….. :) I’m enjoying the search, but not as much as last year.

135. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

The pictures are lovely when you’re just shopping. I like getting a better look at them.
    But I can see how I took for granted knowing those are “drop downs” and not new pages, whereas many might not.
    I did the “open in new tab” method I mentioned just for the sake of speed, which works, except for a handful that gave errors. It says it sent a report, so it’s a known thing now.

136. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

OMG thank you! That strategy is way faster than my peck n click strategy. Thanks so much. Maybe I see light at the end of the tunnel….. YAY

137. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

:) When you hit one with an error, just open each of the items from the drop down in a new tab, too, and you can do them all at once without all the closing and opening.

138. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

Seems like practice makes perfect and every year I get better. :) Just hit 200 and now I definitely can’t sleep though it is now 3am. :P I just want to keep going. Persistence pays and if you keep removing hay from the stack you will eventually find the needles. That applies so much to hunting on product pages… keep eliminating the ones without eggs and you will notice you find quite a few eggs really fast because you are improving the ratio of no egg to egg pages. ;) Okay back to it… I guess I won’t be sleeping again tonight. *laughs*

139. Tana
    Tana says:

NettyPreat, gonna come bk in the morning Alaska time see if you hit the top 10!!! Good luck to you!
    Tana

140. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

That worked until my computer crashed and I had to reboot. All the links have gone back to blue and I’ve lost all trace of where I’ve been. Gonna cry. Need to find eggs to cheer myself up.

141. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Oh man! :( That would have been my first and most important piece of hunting advice. Clear your history/cache once at the beginning to get all your links blue/teal, then adjust the settings not to erase on closing the browser until the hunt is over. AND take notes!!! It seems silly, but when something goes wrong, you’l be glad you had them!

142. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

So sorry to hear that!! I worry about the same thing and then would have to use the laptop but all my links would be blue again. I clear it at the beginning and then see how many pages it is at the end. Last year I was over 11,000 pages! At least I think I remember that was it. I am crazy. :) ~

143. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

Hi Tana! Thanks! I don’t know about that but it is now almost 4:30 am and I am still up hunting. :P Got to make up for the lost time due to 2 days of severe thunderstorms which required I shut off my computer for hours until they passed.

144. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

I’m learning so much. I have changed the settings to stop them deleting until after the hunt. But I didn’t know to do that. I’ve been keeping notes, but I tend to rely on the link colours to guide me. Will add these to my helpful hints page for next year. Thank you.

145. Travelin Chick-marlene
    Travelin Chick-marlene says:

Good morning, Happy Easter to all… good luck. Stopping at 102, it’s just not mobile friendly…

T Greenlay says:

Hi Steve,

What happens when you find an egg and I can’t click on it?? I’ve clicked on it from every angle with every finger, zoomed in zoomed out and it will not register. Is this a trick egg?

147. dolllady aka Pam
    dolllady aka Pam says:

Thank you Lima Beads for the wonderful prizes. I try to set a goal to find more eggs each year. I finally got so tired yesterday that I stopped at 112 eggs. I’m also battling my allergy/asthma cough at the same time. Steve you found several clever spots to hide eggs this year. Thank you for hiding those little critters.

Hoodsinger: Thanks for the heads-up about those additional pages… we’ll get those checked out!

T Greenlay: Using the customer service menu at the top, send us an e-mail and let us know what page you’re looking at with the egg, and we’ll give you a hand. We can handle it over e-mail (so we don’t risk sharing egg locations here in the comments :) )

Y Buonamici says:

After finding eggs at a fairly regular and predictable pace since the beginning of the hunt, it now appears that a fox or some other egg-guzzling varmint has gotten into the site and made off with all the remaining eggs!

150. Snowy
    Snowy says:

Sigh I am just not getting it done. Some scrolling and quick finds initially but now I spend hours scrolling and not finding. Congrats to those who have found so many!!! Thanks Lima for making some easy so I could win a prize.

151. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Hi, Snowy! I love seeing all these familiar names. :)

Steve, I sent a note at some point last night about a weird egg, but forgot to include this username, so that was me. :)

152. Thea
    Thea says:

Just taking a pause for the cause, I have epilepsy so I need to take breaks and rest I had one seizure yesterday cuz I tried to stay awake, totally my bad. I love doing this and even if I don’t make the leader board of is so worth the effort. I set goals for 5 eggs at a time it makes me feel like I accomplished something

153. Thea
    Thea says:

The EGG hunt is soon over…
    Like the elusive 4-lead clover…
    Rare and on so hard to find…
    Exhaustively scrambling the mind…
    Taking with each EGG a measure…
    Leading to the most remarkable treasure.
    Never should one think twice…
    But to be anything but gracefully nice..
    To a team that strives to succeed…
    You are thanked team Like Beads…
    Veronica Lemke. March 31,2018

154. Thea
    Thea says:

The above poem is called THE EGG HUNT. it popped in my head while hunting for eggs and pausing for a few I read some blogs. I wanted to share this with Steve and everyone I truly hope that you enjoy it and the message is received properly. Okay never reach the leader board but like the ones who have I too can dream and there is always hope and next year

155. tomasina
    tomasina says:

I have given up the hunt, but I have a question: What is this I keep seeing about “click on the CIRCLES for each individual gemstone? My gemstone page shows big square images of each gem, with the names underlined below each image-square. There are no circles! What am I missing?

156. Thea
    Thea says:

Time for another break got this five next goal…5 more

157. Thea
    Thea says:

Time for another break got this five next goal…5 more

158. Thea
    Thea says:

Time for another break got this five next goal…5 more. I would also like to ask, Steve if I might and it’s ok, for prayers for my you text son. He is 33, Ron, and just found out he us testicular cAncer. We are very worried a d scared we are excepting all prayers. Thank you. The EGG hunt is a formidable distraction even if just for a little bit. God Bless

V Lodge says:

I’ve found 130 eggs. Was hoping to find 135 to get the amythest, but unfortunately I have to work tomorrow so I guess my egg hunting is just about finished. I may do a little more during lunch on my phone and some after dinner before time is up, but at the rate I’m going now, I don’t think I’m going to make 135.

160. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

Good night, again.

161. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

Ha ha haaa! My computer just crashed! :P It started back up again though. I can’t blame it on the egg hunt either. I received a gift of new memory for my birthday last year so I could have the max of 16Gb but it seems my computer does not like it though it is the right kind of memory. The crashes are memory related.

Another good tip is use a browser that remembers what tabs you had open. I opened the browser and it was like nothing had happened. :D

CY P says:

I read that there were no eggs in “Create and Learn”, but I just found one.

163. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

CY P, do you mean on a page under that menu area, or on an item page where it has links to it?

164. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

In other words, that whole menu dropdown area at the top, all of those links should be off limits, BUT if you’re looking at an item page where you see the little brown rectangle and tips on how to use similar items, that portion of an item page is not excluded. :)

165. Pippit C
    Pippit C says:

At 65 eggs I am running into a dry spell. I am scouring the gemstone section, looking in individual product listings but no luck. With more to be found than I’ve already found I’d think they would be in lots of those listings but the odds are not bearing out.

166. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

At this point, I would maybe move to another section? Someone here said they’d found “about 30″ there, but I didn’t find *quite* that many there…I’m checking it again, but there you go, for what it’s worth.

Okay, I don’t know how those little devil eggs got in behind my eyelids but, BAM….every time I close my eyes, there they are!!! ;-)

CY P says:

@diamonddustshoe –
    I found 3 eggs at the bottom of the page where it says “Create & Learn” in the “Create & Learn” an area which is distinctly separated from the products – next to links.

169. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Yes, when you see that at the bottom of an item page, it’s considered part of the product page and fair game. The exclusion refers to the links found in the menu of the same name in the upper right of the green menu bar at the top of every page, next to “what’s fresh,” with links like Design Gallery, Lima Blog, and Fresh Picks. None of those links will have eggs.

Thea: We love your poem… a perfect tribute to the hunt, and Ron is in our prayers this Easter :)

noname: depending on your computer (and web browser that you’re using), the gemstone images might appear as circles or squares. Either way, they are the same pictures/stones, just cropped differently (this will not affect the hunt).

Only a few hours left! Keep up the egg-cellent work everyone :)

171. Creel U
    Creel U says:

Wanted to give a compliment on the gemstone pages. The additional information about each stone is awesome! I also am grateful that you are honest and let us know which stones have been dyed (enhanced), ground and glued or glued under pressure (stabilized), and irradiated. It matters! Thank you!

dvgrsmitty says:

I give up… I have gone into every page, clicked on each subsection within every page and every single section in the bottom green area and yet I’ve only found 26. :(

Martiana Jewelry says:

One Egg per page or Are there more than one egg on any given page ?

Y Buonamici says:

Martiana – one egg per page

175. Thea
    Thea says:

Thank you Steve.

H Coxon says:

Could you possibly have mercy on someone who thinks they must be very stupid – or there;s something wrong with my browser? In the past week I have spent a total of more than 24 hours hunting eggs. I have found 59 – and all of those have been on list pages or category pages. Not a single one on a product page, so I’m wondering what I’m missing. Could you possibly see your way to indicating a product page on which I ought to be able to see an egg, so that I can know whether I have a problem? I would soooo appreciate it!

177. Kimberlywilliams60
    Kimberlywilliams60 says:

Thank you for another awesome hunt :) my family knows this is my equivalent to opening week of deer season…..I wanted to make 200 this year and i did that :) always love to see the unique ways you guys hide them ……I also agree with Creel U I found myself spending a lot of time just reading the gemstone pages and I did actually order several strands because of the detailed descriptions I agree with her 100 percent that it matters and I truly appriciate it also

Waif of North says:

Hi Steve. Are we allowed to pick out our prize, purchase it, AND keep finding eggs to add to the leaderboard? In other words, does purchasing a prize reduce the number of eggs that show on the leaderboard? (I’m new this year, quit at 65, had a great time! Rooting for the top 100.)
    Thanks for all the fun I have on this site…..

Y Buonamici says:

The fox appears to be back! Thought I had him on the run for a bit, but he may have outsmarted me, after all. Even so, it’s been great fun trying to beat him to the eggs. Thanks, Lima Beads. Maybe I’ll catch him next year.

180. DB
    DB says:

Huh. I just clicked a “view all” and found an egg.

181. Julie Shane
    Julie Shane says:

Steve and the LB team:
    Thanks for another great egg hunt. I’m very happy with the prizes I won and I’m hoping to stay on the leader board so I can grab a few more goodies.
    You guys are awesome for creating this dastardly diversion for us. :)
    Happy East to everyone.

182. Pippit C
    Pippit C says:

I only found one more and it was the only one I found on any product page. I searched for several hours today also and found no more eggs. Anyway I found some of the smaller prizes that I can cash in what I have for. All in all it was worth doing.

183. Jonelle O
    Jonelle O says:

How come under ‘The Basics” it says the contest goes till April 16th? That is going to be great having an extra couple weeks to hunt !

The Basics
    We’ve scattered 300 Easter eggs all over our website. The more eggs you find, the more prizes you get! We have a leaderboard to track the progress of all the egg hunters, and the top 100 hunters will all get gift certificates! The hunt lasts all week, and ends at 11:59pm Pacific time on Easter (April 16).

184. Thea
    Thea says:

Okay Steve I did the most important request… I had fun 116 eggs did not get me on the leader board, however Mr Kevin made my gift choices so difficult… Lol…and I do thAnk him for fhat. It made for a great belated birthday. Toodles…time to bite the ears off the chocolate bunny…..

ByCher says:

What do we do if we find an egg that can’t be clicked?

Thanks for another marvelous egg hunt this year… I enjoyed it immensely and cashed in my eggs for some goodies. My hunt is officially over for this year but I’m already thinking about next years’ strategy! :-)

Waif of North: Redeeming eggs for prizes does not reduce your egg count, so go ahead and place your order for prizes :)

ByCher: Use the Customer Service menu at the top of the page to send us a message with the details, and we’ll make it right.

Jonelle O: So sorry for the typo :) We fixed it to show the correct end time of 11:59 pm Pacific time on Easter Sunday, April 1st (tonight).

And, thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments. The hunt is coming to a close… make sure to get your prize orders placed before midnight Pacific time tonight!

188. Karokat
    Karokat says:

So if I’m on the East coast, I can hunt and order prizes until 3 am EDT?

189. Hannah K
    Hannah K says:

I SWEAR I clicked all the pages I could and I still ended with 259. Was hoping to be in the top ten but that’s ok. I love that I can do this yearly. You guys rock!

190. M Werner
    M Werner says:

I think this is my 4th or 5th egg hunt (has this really been going on for that long?) I have to applaud you for not only creating a great marketing ploy, but also getting your website testing done as a by-product!

I finished on the leaderboard my first year, but since then have given myself $20 of Lima Beads products instead of worrying about it! So, I’m retiring from the field with 136 eggs. Thanks!

191. Bead Buzz Chick
    Gina says:

Thank you so much for the eggciting hunt this year! I managed again to stay on the board, ending with 201 eggs. Last year, I got 214 eggs. I don’t quite understand how I’m missing so many but I do look forward to this little hunt every year. Thank you so much!! You guys must be a fun bunch!

192. Laura Z aka Veggie Chick
    Laura Z aka Veggie Chick says:

That’s it. I’m officially done. I cashed in my eggs this morning for some great freebies. I’m on the leader board and hoping to stay there until the end. I think I will. Thank you, Lima Beads. It’s always fun, even though I lose my mind a little every year.

193. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

Good night Laura Z aka Veggie Chick. Thank you for being great motivation for me. I’ve chased you, Y Buonamici and NYBeader all hunt. You’ve kept my motivation going when I hit long egg droughts. I appreciate it. Hugs

194. Pat-from-Oz
    Pat-from-Oz says:

I am in awe of you folks who’ve found almost all of the eggs. I’ve struggled this year to find eggs. My computer hated the fast option shown to me earlier and almost fried itself crashing 8 times in 15 minutes. So I return to the slow peck method. I was determined to be methodical and systematic this year. Ummmmm yes well. I methodically and systematically found every egg desert on the site. Yep, I can tell you where the eggs are not…. But for the most part I had fun and enjoyed the hunt. Thanks Lima Beads for putting this together for us. It’s a great way to introduce us to products and ideas we would not otherwise explore. I’ve lots of new jewellery ideas to try out. Fun!

195. FlowerleafStudio
    FlowerleafStudio says:

Easter snuck up on me this year and so did this year’s hunt! I finally saw the e-mail later in the week about the hunt being halfway over and was able to snatch some eggs… so there’s that. It was fun even though I lost a few days and I guess the next one will be here again before we know it, haha! I love the prizes this year, by the way! Can’t wait to receive mine in the mail along with some other items! Thanks again for putting this together, Steve! It’s always super fun! :-D

196. Tana
    Tana says:

Netty, see, you made it up to the top 10!!! Right on!
    Hope to see everyone next year and that I have a cell that hauls ass!!! Hee hee

197. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

Well to my surprise, I made it to the leader board for the first time ever. Thank you Steve and Lima Beads for another enjoyable hunt. I was entertained by the location of some of the eggs. And kudos to the folks in the top ten. I thought I was pretty systematic in looking for the eggs and I only found close to 200. I have no idea where the rest could have been hidden.

198. tomasina
    tomasina says:

Cannot get prize section to redeem my last 3 eggs, though it says I do have them.

199. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

Hi Tana! :) Yes I did but I really had my doubts after my computer crashed twice. Thankfully it didn’t happen a third time. :) I was struggling but I did better than I ever have. I threw in the towel with 2 hours still to go. I was so tired and needed to sleep. Just checked my history and I viewed 23,864 pages just for this site. :P Your comment about seeing me there helped push me on when I would have given up. :D – Heidi

Psychotic_Undrtakr says:

Great job Lima team and all searchers.

I must have gotten bumped off the leaderboard by some West Coast searchers after I went to bed to make my 0400 wake up call for Monday morning.

As a side note to all those that struggled finding the eggs. You need to understand the scope of your mission (cue the Mission Impossible music). I’m guessing that Lima beads has at around 10,000 individual items (maybe Diamonddustshoe can verify that number that since it appears with 288 eggs located that most of the individual item pages were visited).

Each bead color and size has its own page so as an example the number of individual TOHO seed bead items is mind boggling – 370 different colors with 2-3 different sizes in each color is approx. 1000 separate pages just for TOHO seed beads).

So lets continue on the assumption of 10,000 possible individual item pages to hide eggs on. Then you add the various catalog pages (which includes various methods of sorting; by color, by shape, by size, ect.) Let’s be kind lets say there are only 1000 of these types of pages. Then add another 100 administration pages to cover various subjects such as; About Us, Help, Shipping, customer service, ect.

So that means with each click you only have a 3% chance of being on a page with an egg. And with some of the Lima team’s creativeness probably only a 90% chance that you will spot it. Even if you visited a page that had an egg on it, there is no guarantee that you didn’t overlook that pesky egg before moving on.

With that being said keep in mind that our friends at Lima beads are not totally evil. I know this year (and past years as well) if you only searched the admin pages, and all the catalog pages you could have found over half of the eggs on the site. I myself hit 164 this year an only found about 15 on individual item pages (only managed to search approx. 2000 of the 10000 individual pages before time expired).

NOTE: With half the 300 eggs on the admin pages and catalog pages that gave you a 13% chance of finding a page containing an egg with each click on those pages but …… it also meant that yours odds of finding the remaining egg locations on the individual item pages now decreased to just over 1% per click.

Looking forward to next year. Going to have to find a copy of the Mission Impossible theme to play while I’m searching for motivation.

Thanks Lima Beads Team for the fun and aggravation.

One final note to the Top 10 searchers – all I can say is 270+ ….. that’s impressive (Are you related to Ethan Hunt?). Way to go. Next year hopefully I will manage 200+ and will stay on the leaderboard.

Jason

201. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

I didn’t count any page/item totals, but here is what I *can* tell you:
    Every year I improve my odds by reading the questions people ask, asking questions myself, and paying attention to patterns as I go. I make notes. I learn new things every year.
    Not finding eggs has a more to do with “bad habits” than hard math, if you’re really looking, so don’t be disheartened, just pay attention to what you’re doing.
    -If you get “scroll hypnosis,” like you can get while driving, get up and walk around until it wears off. If you hunt sleepy, you will miss things. Take a quick nap if you have to. I find sitting up as straight as I can has more benefits than just good posture, too.
    -Are you looking at the whole page?
    -Are you jumping around just trying to find any old egg? You will quickly find yourself going in circles, and even decent notes won’t help you figure out what you did.

However… I can talk strategy with you alllll day long and it won’t matter if you lack the key thing: time. I treat this week as an actual vacation week and clear my schedule because this is something I look forward to.
    This year’s total solid hunting hours? At least 70.
    The more eggs you want to find, the more time you have to give it due to sheer volume of pages.
    If you’re pressed for time, it’s even more important to pick a strategy and stick with it. It works. Jumping around erratically makes for big egg deserts and hitting a wall somewhere around 150 or 250, with every egg thereafter getting harder to find. It’s happened to me more than once.
    The most important things:
    -tell your browser NOT to dump the history/cache upon closing, at least until the hunt is over. If you don’t, you will lose where you’ve been if it crashes. Closing everything but hunt pages helps avoid it.
    -Make notes. If something goes wrong, you won’t be lost.
    -Always be sure you’re logged in. Sometimes the server bumps me in the night.
    -If you find yourself frustrated to the point of kind of being angry, make a note where you are, and move to a different section for a while. If that doesn’t work, go do something else until you feel like hunting again. Hunting while irritated makes you more likely to miss things, no joke. I would say all the handy candy around for the season helps, but maybe not for the waistline. :)
    -DON’T get down on yourself if you’re not finding them quickly or in enough numbers. This isn’t supposed to be that easy, or we’d all be tied. I’m just a crazy person who treats this like a temp job and has fun competing against herself. :)

Great job again this year, everyone! We hope everyone had fun finding their last few eggs and redeeming their prizes. We’ll be posting information about the winners on this year’s Hunt Page soon. Thanks again! Until n-eggs time…

Comments are closed for this entry.

• SteveSteve said »
    “Thanks to everyone who participated in the 11th Annual Easter Egg Hunt. …”
  • No PhotoC Eckman said »
    “Thank you for hosting the Easter egg hunt! I didn’t find many …”
  • No PhotoW Paige said »
    “I'm a limabeads regular and have never had the bandwidth to be …”
  • No PhotoB Hein said »
    “Thank you for another great hunt! The best part is seeing all …”
  • Sharon S-RSharon S-R said »
    “This is my absolute first year being on the leaderboard and man …”
  • No PhotoL D said »
    “I saw no option to remove items from the hunt prizes at …”