Cyber Week Savings: Use code CYBEADER to save on your entire order + Choose a Free Gift

Easter Egg Hunt 2021

Posted by Steve on March 30 at 10:37 am

The time has come for the 12th Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Lima Beads! We’ve been egg-xtremely hard at work for the past few days hiding eggs all over the site for the past few days… and we hope you have fun again this year : ) Just like the previous hunt, we have over $2,000 in gift certificates that we’re giving away to the top hunters! :) And, there are tons of great prizes this year… Read more below, or check out the Hunt Page to get started!

The Basics

We’ve scattered 300 Easter eggs all over our website. The more eggs you find, the more prizes you get! We have a leaderboard to track the progress of all the egg hunters, and the top 100 hunters will all get gift certificates! The hunt lasts all week, and ends at 11:59pm Pacific time on Easter (April 4).

300 Eggs??!

That’s right, we hid 300 total eggs on our website (the same as the previous several years). It seems like a lot, but it really helps cure those droughts between eggs.

The Prizes

Just like last hunt, we have a big pool of prizes, and you use your eggs as currency to pick and choose your prizes. For example, if you find 10 eggs, you can pick a couple prizes–for example, you could pick a prize that costs 3 eggs, another that costs 4 eggs, and one that costs a single egg (for a total of 10). The more eggs you find, the more prizes you’ll be eligible for! PLUS, we’re giving away a $20 gift certificate to every single hunter on the leaderboard when the hunt ends–just like last hunt! Lastly, we have a $250 gift certificate grand prize that will be randomly awarded to one of the beaders in the Top 25 on the leaderboard at the end of the hunt. Keep an eye on the leaderboard and read more about the prizes on the Hunt page.

Where are all the eggs?

Make sure to read the entire Hunt page including the FAQ, where we post some details about where you will and won’t find eggs.

The Rules

We have detailed rules and some FAQs on the hunt page, so we suggest you check those out. There are a few things we want you to know, however. When you place an order to redeem your prizes, normal shipping rates apply (as low as $3.99 for U.S. customers). We have lots of great gifts this year, but we can’t guarantee they will all be available when the hunt ends on Sunday. So place your orders early to make sure you get the gifts you want!

What are you waiting for? Start hunting!

Read the comments

This year’s hunt is ON! Good luck everyone :)

2. d j beadalicious
    d j beadalicious says:

You can’t believe how excited I am!!! This has made my day! Thank YOU!

goodwin368 says:

Yaaaay!!! This egg hunt tells me that there is life after COVID!!!!! Good luck everyone! I’ll be hiding from my fam for a few days!!!

Jamie L says:

Yea!!! Love looking through your website – happy to find eggs along the way!!!

5. Katheleen W
    Katheleen W says:

This is harder than I thought and as one person noted “I will be hiding from my fam” for a few days! I love looking at all the beads, etc., anyway so why not now! GL everyone! I must say I probably will be the lowest on the totem pole as I cannot sit long, but I will have fun doing it as much as I can!! Thanks Lima for the fun!

J Roland says:

Do I need to click on each link for each item to hunt for the eggs? For example in Gemstone Beads, Abalone has 35 items do I need to click on all 35 listed to look for eggs?

karendk says:

So happy this is happening this year! Steve, I have a question-when I am in gemstones looking at a particular individual item-will i find any eggs on Social media pages available from that location such as in Facebook, Pinterest, or instagram?

8. ladyviolin
    ladyviolin says:

Thank you for bring back the “Hunt”. No jewelry making or crochet today. Tell the eggs to watch out !!!

Kathleen W: glad you’re giving it a shot! There are lots of hunters that will dedicate the better part of the week to this. But remember, there’s fun (and prizes) to be had even hunting for a few minutes :)

J Roland: Yes, it’s possible that there are eggs on individual product pages. If you’re trying to stay near the top of the leaderboard, you’ll definitely have to dig into those pages. But if you’re just going for a few fun prizes, there are plenty of eggs to find without diving that deep.

karendkurz: There will NOT be any eggs to find on our social media. All the eggs live right on our website.

ladyviolin: I’ll put the eggs on notice!!

10. Tara Vargas
    Tara Vargas says:

Thank you for the Easter Egg hunt again. This is was hooked me many years ago. Having to hunt for eggs on my phone. Tried to on a computer and it won’t register any of the eggs I click on. Do you know why? The eggs are so tiny on my phone.

Hi Tara Vargas: I agree, the eggs are so tiny on a phone! We definitely recommend using a computer or laptop. That’s what I’m using now, in fact. I tested each egg on a laptop, and I was able to click them all. I know a lot of hunters use laptops/desktops as well. Make sure you’re signed into your account, and maybe try another web browser. If you continue to have trouble, shoot us an e-mail and we’ll try and help the best we can.

12. Elaine Surrayahs Jewels
    Elaine Surrayahs Jewels says:

I am so excited that the egg hunt is back…what an amazing way to forget troubles that so prevalent these days!! Thank you, Lima team!!!

A Boehm says:

I have found a few eggs and clicked on them ,but the egg tally counter says that I have Zero eggs. Help, I am getting behind!

Hi A Boehm: Glad to have you hunting for eggs! When you find an egg and click it, you should get an immediate confirmation along with an updated tally. Try going to our main home page (just click on the “Lima Beads” logo to get there). Then scroll down to the Easter Egg Hunt banner, and you’ll see a large egg. Click the egg, and a confirmation should appear. That’s our “gimme” egg :) It also occurred to me that you might be clicking on the eggs on the top of the Hunt explanation page. Those are just there for decoration–the “real” eggs are scattered throughout our site :)

Kandra B says:

I am having the same issue as A Boem. I’ve tried your suggestion to click on the Main home page, then the large egg. It tells me that I’ve found a new egg, but the counter does not go up. :(

16. Kimberlywilliams60
    Kimberlywilliams60 says:

Thank you so much for bringing the hunt back this year…this past year has been so hard on us all its so wonderful to have this distraction ….years past my family knew not to bother me during the egg hunt LOL I have so far gotten zero work done today and have forgotten to eat ….I live for this :) thank you again and good luck everyone

17. Snowy
    Snowy says:

Thank you so very much for having the Egg Hunt this year! It’s been such a challenging time, we have been lucky but have been hit with long covid, many things have changed this is such a welcome diversion thank you so much and thank you for making some of the eggs “visible” so my sanity stays intact.

Kandra B: I just sent you a quick e-mail to try and get to the bottom of it :)

Jenny w says:

Thank you so much for this egg hunt again! Nice to have something to keep my mind off my second Covid vaccine shot!

20. Becca W
    Becca W says:

YAY!!!

21. Tara Vargas
    Tara Vargas says:

Steve, Kandra’s problem is the same as I have on my computer. It works fin me on my phone…

AuDBeader says:

I think this is the first time I have found two eggs on the same page in the many years I have played! It was a fun surprise!

23. Sunny Chick aka Diana
    Sunny Chick aka Diana says:

Do you have to highlight each chain and ribbon to find an egg?

24. BeadyEyes
    BeadyEyes says:

I was so excited that the Easter egg hunt is back this year, but now I’m disappointed. The prizes for the lower numbers of eggs aren’t very interesting or useful. I have limited energy for this (and bad eyes that can’t stare at the screen for that long). After finding 30 eggs, I haven’t found another one in over an hour. I wish the prizes for fewer eggs were nicer!

Bri L says:

Well, done all of you on the leader board. I’ve been all over the site and I cannot get past 29

Sunny Chick: No, there won’t be any eggs inside the magnified chain & ribbon images. That would be too sneaky :)

L Peyton says:

Hunting for eggs under gemstone beads…. can’t find any. Up to sodalite

28. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

YAY!! Wish I had received notice but glad to see it and glad I checked. I had no idea how much I would miss it until it did not happen last year. :)

29. ChristmasLoco85
    ChristmasLoco85 says:

Oh boy this is hard!! I’ve found 28 eggs so far, and i’ve been searching for a few hours. :) Having fun though!! How are you guys finding so many?! lol

30. Kimberlywilliams60
    Kimberlywilliams60 says:

There is a method for sure…it took me a few years to figure it out and I still can never find them all…I just try to beat my best each time…I want to give you guys hints so badly but I know it’s not allowed … just stay with it and good luck !!

31. Beady Little Eyes
    Beady Little Eyes says:

Yay. So glad to see things get back to normal after this long pause. Happy hunting to everyone!

S Herron says:

I’ve been at this 2 days and found only 21 eggs. What am I doing wrong?

S Herron: If you’ve found 21 eggs, I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong at all. Keep in mind, our website is pretty big (thousands of products and pages). That’s a lot of pages to go through :) Many people will spend the better part of the week clicking through product by product to hunt for eggs. But there’s no harm in stopping at 21 and calling it a day, either :)

Lynne A says:

I planned to search at work on my lunch hour – found three eggs, but none of them increased my score! First message “you found a new egg” Total 33 (which is what it was before). Same thing happened for next 2 eggs. I still only have 33. Lesson learned – don’t search on work computer – something in IT settings could be blocking and preventing the count to move!

35. ChristmasLoco85
    ChristmasLoco85 says:

Working my way backwards through the site. Just about done with all chains. whew. lots of links. lots of sort/shop by options. But hey, up to 37 eggs now!

Masterwire wrapper says:

You folks are diabolical! And clever. I discovered this site by accident and didn’t realize how much you carry. ha ha ha!! This has been such fun.

Tessa F says:

I tried adding more than one of the prizes to the cart but it seems like the maximum quantity is 1? Is there any way around this?

Hi Tessa: you are correct, there is a quantity limit of 1 for prizes. This is mostly to make sure there are enough to go around.

T Tackett says:

I am working on my laptop and phone to find eggs. Will they all be in the count? My laptop says 49 and my phone says I have 44. Causes me concern since I am also adding items to my cart on both sites.

40. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Just checking…If there’s a “related products” section on a product page, and there’s a link at the bottom that says “See all (number)”…that link falls under “additional clicks” or “pop ups” that don’t have to be clicked for the hunt, right?

Suzanne I says:

T Tackett: I ran into that when working on two devices. If I went back to hunting on one device after finding eggs on the other, the one device kept showing the old count on every page. But refreshing the one device brought it up to date. From what I’ve seen over the years, LB keeps track of your actual count in connection to your user name, regardless of your device.

42. FlowerleafStudio
    FlowerleafStudio says:

I just saw one of the eggs hatch, so I am thinking that means it’s time to get some sleep.

So glad the hunt is back. It’s so much fun!!

lm_atkinson says:

Hey Steve, just FYI, the link “Coin” Under “Recycled & Matte Glass Beads” isn’t working (either on the main page or the horizontal scrolling bar of links).

R STEPHEN says:

I love this site

diamonddustshoe: No, I wouldn’t worry about those “See all X” links under the “Related Products”.

lm_atkinson: I’ll take a look!

Just a quick note about hunting (and shopping) from multiple devices… As long as you are logged into the same account on both devices, we will keep track of your eggs (and shopping bag). Your egg count might appear out of date on your other device–but if you go to the home page and click the big egg again, it should refresh it.

E Wilburn says:

I know the rules say there are no eggs on certain pages. But if the items from that category (the “Artists and Brands” section, for example) are displayed in the “Charms & Pendants” section, could there be an egg on the individual item page? For example, there could still be an egg on the item page for a Green Girl charm that can be found in that section, correct, even though there would be nothing on the Green Girl page under Artists and Brands? (am I even making sense, or have I been hunting so long that I’m babbling….eggs! Eggs everywhere! LOL)

Meredith K says:

Just some feedback, from the perspective of someone who’s been doing the egg hunt since 2012: I wish the egg hunt was a little less intense, to be honest.

Most websites that do easter egg hunts put the eggs on category pages only. Lima Beads has a LOT of categories and could frankly use these and still have a big spread in end results. And, while sorting the same things multiple ways isn’t very fun, I do think it’s reasonable and a fun way to find hidden eggs.

But having to open up thousands of listings just isn’t fun. (Especially when I have to restart my browser because it’s made my My browser chugging from so many tabs having been open, and then continue for an hour before realizing it logged me out from doing this).

When I’m a few thousand gemstone bead individual listings in and there’s been nothing for hours, it just… stops being fun. It’s no longer a hunt I’m engaged with and actively looking through things for — there are just too many products. It’s basically a clicker game at this point.

I don’t want to hate on it — I have had so much fun for the first few years, and last year I ended on the leaderboard. I’m invested in it! But I’ve honestly just stopped having fun with HOW it’s run and would urge you to consider changing it up. Move them out of individual listings, put the same number in categories. It means there won’t be droughts of the same length, and will keep it fun and actively engaging.

(Side note: I have a RSI. If I have to install link opening extensions to avoid pain in your easter egg hunt, because I have to be opening 14 pages of 50 individual links for a single bead category, it’s stopped being accessible).

Again! Not hating at all, but hoping to improve it! This is coming from a longtime fan who’s 1/3 of the way through this year and just feels exhausted about continuing, not excited, and just want my concerns to be noted. Thank you!

50. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

Usually I go at the Egg Hunt in a methodical manner but I missed it so much last year I am like a starving person confronted with a free buffet that is all you can eat… I am all over the place! *laughs*

T Stubblefield says:

Do i need to scroll down to the green section every time i go into an item?

52. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

If you already found an egg on that page then no… but even if you have not you don’t have to go there but you may miss an egg if you do not. I already found a few eggs down in green sections at bottom

whimsygirl says:

I found one page with two eggs on it. Long time egg hunter, but first time I’ve seen that. and yes, scroll down to the bottom of the green or you will miss out!

K r says:

I was happy to see eggs in one of my favorite menu sections. I usually commit to looking through all menus and categories, but only look at an individual item if it is something I am interested in. Frankly, opening each item becomes too boring for me, so I don’t do it. Have fun your way! I am happy to get anything free, but happier still to have a hunt. I LOVE some of the changes Lima has made, such as adding similar products under an item, and extra suggestions for finished products. Well Done!

E Wilburn: Great question–and I know all this guidance can get confusing :) Yes, eggs can be on a Green Girl item–because that item “lives” under the Beads or Charms menus most likely. The Artists & Brands menu is just another path you can take to get to that item. So we felt that it would result in a LOT of extra time and clicking to go through that section as well.

And THANK YOU to everyone for your feedback :) We totally hear you. The hunt was a lot different when we started it over a decade ago (there were only 16 eggs!)… Thanks for hunting along and we hope you don’t have too many nightmares featuring those pesky eggs :)

Marianne L says:

First time hunter here. And I love it, even if I need to take lots of breakes, especially after looking through hundreds of pages and not finding a single egg. I wish there were 1000 eggs, so I would get that adrenaline kick more often. :D

And thanks for all the tips from you pro hunters. But there is no way I am going back through thousends of pages to see the green bottoms. Hahaha

How many eggs do you usually need to find to be in the top 100?

goodwin368 says:

Is anyone else blowing up their shopping bag and wish list?? OMG I’m shopping more than finding eggs!!!

Jamie L says:

Me too– keep adding stuff to my list

60. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

Long time hunter here too but never seen that. I tend to leave a page though after finding one egg so that could be why. :P I thought there would only be one egg on a page. I believe I read that somewhere in official rules etc. Must have been a fluke thing and I don’t mind missing one egg though I would like to find all of them someday ;)

Hi all, I want to assure everyone that it is *extremely* rare for more than one egg to be on the same page. Don’t sweat it :)

klkleespies says:

Such a great way to introduce us to your amazing selection of products! I’m adding so many items to my cart, so I can go back and look at them more carefully! I’m so surprised at the people on the leaderboard. I thought I was doing well!
    Going crosseyed, but determined to find a few more!
    Good luck everyone!

Junifer N says:

FRUSTRATINGLY FUN!!!

64. Snowy
    Snowy says:

6hrs, 10 eggs ahh but such pretty stuff I almost forgot what I was looking for lol
    BTw those green “add” buttons start to look like eggs after awhile lol
    Have Fun everyone

R Hall says:

I have a question about the rule about finding the eggs yourself and not using robots. Does this also apply to using family and friends logging into your account and looking for eggs to apply to your stash from their computers? I just find it suspicious that some participants can find 150-200 eggs in less than 24-48 hours. Just wondering. fair is fair.

Suzanne I says:

R Hall: I can’t speak for anyone else, but I did find 150 eggs in the first day, on my own. It took more hours of hunting than I’d care to acknowledge, but I was the one doing it.

V Brantley says:

I find it strange that I can’t find any eggs in the chain section. I’ve done each page, metal type, style, and clicked each individual link to bring up each chain one by one. But not a single egg???

68. Kimberlywilliams60
    Kimberlywilliams60 says:

Suzanne I… exactly!! It’s certainly possible and I’m with you ….just me by myself …I have spent way too much time online ….forgetting to eat and not doing much else ….I get addicted and my hubby thank God understands ….I just always try to find them all but I never have yet

Suzanne I says:

Kimberlywilliams60: me neither, but hope springs eternal! :)

Marianne L says:

V Brantley. I am doing chain now. And have found 2 eggs so far on individual chain pages.

K Dolan says:

Just checking. The hunt is continuing on easter day as well and goes until 11:59 pacific on the 4th. Because site says place orders by the 4th and rules say ends end of day the 4th.

Suzanne I says:

K Dolan: yes, everything ends at the end of the day on Sunday. Make sure you check out with any prizes before midnight pacific time, but you can keep hunting until the last minute if you want to.

E Wilburn says:

Confession: I’m not even really a beader…I’m a needleworker who uses seed beads and the occasional charm to enhance my work, so in terms of picking prizes that are useful to me, I’m satisfied after about 50-75 eggs or so (the seed bead packs, a few charms/buttons, and that’s it!). I just love the thrill of hunting… LOL

74. Kimberlywilliams60
    Kimberlywilliams60 says:

E LOL , thats what it is for me too ” the thrill of the hunt ” for me this is my equivalent to a mans deer season ….honest to goodness i look forward to this all year and I can’t Thank Lima beads enough !! While the prizes are all awesome I would still do this if there wasn’t anything but the adrenaline rush of finding that next egg :)

V Brantley: I do think you’ll find a few eggs in the Chain section if you keep poking around.

Thanks to all for making it a fun hunt so far… remember, the hunt ends on Sunday night at midnight Pacific time (orders with prizes must be placed by this time). Happy hunting!

Meredith K says:

I’ve gotten logged out several times today after opening 70+ tabs to search through for eggs, and I never know at what point in the tabs it’s actually logged me out so I end up having to reopen and search them again after I notice because of course it doesn’t show eggs when logged out — is it something I’m doing, or is the site a bit unstable today? Thanks!

W Sparks says:

This is so frustrating! This is about my fourth year doing it and I can only get to about 60 every year! i feel liket her is a secret I don’t know about to find these! I am very methodical about my searching so I just don’t get it! Are the eggs all the same size or are some super tiny that blend in with product colors? I did see only one that was smaller the the typical sized one. Help!!

lm_atkinson says:

If a selection under a egg section (ie, beads) takes you to a list of items in a no-egg section (ie, supplies) are those good for searching, or because they “live” in the non-egg section, are they egg-barren?

Suzanne I says:

Stone Treasures: I was just checking oval cabochons and came across a couple of your picks from past hunts (“where are they hiding?” was one), and they gave me a chuckle. :) There are certainly fewer oval cabs to sift through these days.

Verleen F says:

So……… guess what I’m doing for the big 50 birthday, today? LOL :P

Meredith K says:

W Sparks: A good technique is:
    * Step 1: Open each section from the top menu and skim them
    * Step 2: Pick a section again. Open each category inside that section and skim that category.
    * If there are multiple pages or things to sort by (color, gem type, material) they count as separate pages so an egg could appear on any of these. So if you see “Page 1/14″ then any of those 14 pages could have an egg!
    * Once you’ve gotten into here, the remainder of eggs are hidden inside individual listings. There are thousands of listings (at least) on the site, so this is where it gets into the needle-in-haystack territory, but if you’ve got the will, wade in!

They can also appear in the header, sidebars, or bottom area of the website.

82. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Meredith K and Steve: I have noticed the same. If I open too many (no particular number it seems) tabs too fast, one or two of them will give a “bad gateway” or “gateway timeout” error, which I am used to seeing when we’ve overloaded things, but this year it IS actually logging me out when it does it. Always check the last tab you open before you start working them down. Log in on that tab, and any tab after will register the egg anyway. Refresh it if you’re not sure. This happens mostly at night for me.

83. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

Noticed some changes with egg placement this year. Maybe it is because a year was skipped… places where I could always find an egg each year there is not one. Also places on a page where I got a kick out of seeing an egg has not turned up yet but I am over 160 eggs in… I will keep looking for my favorite placements though. ;)

84. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

Yes some eggs are smaller depending on where they are placed. In past years I found an egg on the little guy at the tops sneaker. That was a small egg… some can be missed if you are not looking carefully. :D Hope that helps.

brandi107 says:

I’ve probably spent a good 10 hours this week dedicated to egg hunting lol after searching all the main pages and categories and variations and even a few individual product pages, I’m calling it quits with a grand total of 127 eggs. I don’t know how y’all are dedicated enough to click through thousands of individual product pages! props to ya fr. anyways im cashing in my eggs for five lovely prizes that have a value of $12.55 on this website so clearly all my time and effort paid off. it was sorta fun; OCD heaven and hell at the same time. I love your products and variety and am overall grateful for this little game. thank you Lima Beads and happy easter <3

86. M Werner
    M Werner says:

I’m getting a “403 error server not found or forbidden” on my iPad when I put multiple pages in my “read later” list (like tabs), and I’ve gotten the 404 server not found error on my pc when I have more than 1 tab open.

The only way to clear the error on my iPad is to do a “hard reset”, which can get annoying after the 20th reset.

I’ve opened multiple tabs and “read later” lists in past years with no problems. Any thoughts on why these errors are popping up this year?

Meredith K says:

Diamonddustshoe: Thank you!! That helps a lot.

88. AZChicBassist
    AZChicBassist says:

Keep getting signed off automatically, this is frustrating!

GatorBeads says:

Thanks for the hunt. Will buy some things as a real thank you.

90. Caroline H
    Caroline H says:

I’m trying to estimate the shipping to Canada V8J3x5 and I get the horendously high UPS rates but not USPS. I buy from you guys a far amount so I know that there’s a lower price option. I figured that this was the best way to get things sorted out before the hunt ends.

Kitty L says:

Caroline: I’m also from Canada. If you click checkout and enter Cdn address the priority packet option should be displayed; it shows up for me. It’s showing up for me as $5.99 flat. When I estimate shipping I only get the outrageously high UPS rates as well.

Sashae says:

my problem is that after I click on a page, the color does not change from green to that purple, letting me know I’ve already viewed that item. I keep on clicking on the same item multiple times because of this issue.

mariman says:

So, that’s the end of the “Egg hunt” for me this year

mariman says:

So, that’s the end of the “Egg hunt” for me this year

Marianne L says:

mariman: I just saw the leaderboard and thought you were going to find all the eggs. Have you ronded the whole site already?

I still have several categories of individual items left. And I feel like I have done nothing else than searching for eggs this easter.

mariman says:

Marianne L I thought I would find them all, but unfortunately didn’t make it. The fact that at some point I stopped clicking on “See all…”, might have cost me a bit. Maybe I missed some eggs as I was scrolling down too fast. Hopefully next year.
    Thank you Lima team for this fun and exciting event. Looking forward to next year!
    Good luck to everyone!!!

97. kye
    kye says:

Thanks Lima Beads for having the Easter Egg Hunt this year. I’ve had so much fun! I found a personal best 108 eggs and discovered many new areas of your fabulous website. You rock!

Meredith K says:

Mariman: Do you have any tips on how to open and access pages that fast?

mariman says:

Meredith K : the technique is pretty much as you described before. It requires methodology, concentration, dedication and lots of hours sitting in front of the screen. I was hunting for almost 14 hours a day, maybe more.
    For those who think that some of us may have some help, I have to say that it is highly unlikely. There are not many people with that kind of “insanity”. I personally wouldn’t trust anyone else to do the “job”.
    Happy hunting!
    (sorry if my english isn’t good, I’m Greek)

Caroline H: the Priority Packet shipping option to Canada is a good economical option… and there is a good chance that the USPS will carry it into the country.

Great work hunting everyone! Remember, the hunt ends tomorrow night (11:59pm Pacific time the evening of Easter Sunday). Remember to place your orders with prizes by then!

Meredith K says:

Mariman: Definitely not accusing you of anything — rather, I’m extremely impressed and was wondering if there was some technique to it! Just the pure dedication is impressive itself :)

102. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

For those of you getting logged out, are you able to verify that the eggs still show up on pages that came up as signed out? I’m seeing something so bizarre…out of 20 tabs pulled in order, 6 will show signed out, one shows the bad gateway, and the rest are fine…but they’re not in order as it happened, which is confusing. Just want to make sure I don’t miss anything. I lost a whole day and change of hunting this year due to being in the ER/hospital so I’m BEHIND. Happy just to have made it to the board so far, but still hoping to make it at least as far as I usually do. Nice to see everyone again.

103. TheBeadMuseTx
    TheBeadMuseTx says:

THANK YOU LIMA BEADS TEAM!! I was so excited for this hunt! The timing this year was very strange, but I managed to get in some pretty solid hunting time.

At some point, I got logged out during the hunt with about 50 tabs open. And I didn’t catch it until I was clicking X on a tab and noticed “sign in.” That was after 6 hours of hunting, and I don’t know when it logged me out. Weird.
    So I’m probably gonna throw in the towel at 155. because I’m just exhausted. I don’t have the mental fortitude to stay on the leaderboard like I wanted to LOL.
    Either way, it was a lot of fun. I hope to do better next year! lol!

104. dolllady aka Pam
    dolllady aka Pam says:

This year has seemed more frustrating with what seemed like longer desert pages than previous years. Even with more categories not having eggs planted inside. It didn’t stop me from hunting though. Good luck to the hunters still looking. I’m satisfied with my 98 eggs. It has been almost as much fun as frustrating. Thanks LB crew for the prizes, tips, time spent hiding the eggs and trouble shooting.

105. Jacquie H
    Jacquie H says:

I officially surrender at 287 eggs. Placed my order what great prizes to choose from. This has been, by far, the best hunt ever! My OCD kicks in and those last 13 eggs drive me to distraction…wish there was a way to know what I missed.
    STEVE…good job as always…thanks!
    Good luck to everyone in the drawing.

106. Jonelle Ohrn
    Jonelle Ohrn says:

Thank you so much for having the Easter Egg hunt this year !! It is so much fun and I drool over so many beautiful products. Will make a great Covid Easter to keep my mind off not being with family. I have found 66 eggs and have been putting some beauties in my shopping cart. Thank you again!!!

107. Sharon S-R
    Sharon S-R says:

We get to hunt all Easter Sunday and need to check out before midnight when it becomes 4/5/21, right?

108. arielswaves
    arielswaves says:

Thank you for a wonderful Easter Egg Hunt, Lima Beads!

Meredith K says:

Steve, I have to ask so we know the degree of achievement people have made here: how many possible pages ARE there to search through on Lima Beads, anyway?

110. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

200 eggs finally 8773 pages later. :P That’s enough for tonight. Going to get a few hours sleep then more hunting Easter Sunday :D Having a blast and so glad it was on for this year :D

111. D Gooding
    D Gooding says:

So every year I try to avoid scheduling any of my bazillion out of town doctor appointments for this week, because they can eat up half a day, if not longer. Still, a lot of things came up this week that took me away from my hunt. My hubby is So tired of hearing me say ….but I have to get back to the hunt….that he said he will put Easter dinner on today. He’s a good egg. Lol!!!!

GingersnappyG says:

Anyone else having a problem removing a prize from your shopping cart? I changed my mind on a prize but can’t delete that item from my bag.

David T says:

Removing prizes from the cart worked for me by clicking on the circled x next to the quantity.

A Dobler says:

It’s perfect…got my second vaccine yesterday and feel crummy today. Perfect day to sit, scroll, and click! Thank you Lima Beads. I always learn about so many new items this way!

karendk says:

Okay I just have to say this-this is insane! I have quit twice, but something keeps pulling me back in. I am in a section now that I missed and it is catapulting up to the top! So many eggs-I just can’t stop and I haven’t even done the seed beads yet! Is there a 12 step program for this behavior? Beaders Anonymous? I think I need to go to a meeting!! Happy Easter Everyone!!!

mariman says:

I have a question, make it two, for L Merrell and Martiana Jewelry. Did you click on “See all …” under the “Related Products” section? If yes, did you find any eggs? And how many? I guess that’s 3 questions.

mariman says:

Congratulations Martiana Jewelry!!! Finally someone found all 300!!!

M Kidd says:

Is there an easier way to navigate through all the individual pages other than clicking an item, looking for eggs, hitting the back button and clicking the next item in the list?
    It feels like there has to be a more efficient way to look. I didn’t know the hunt was, on this year until I went to look something up on Friday and saw it. So I’m a little behind!

119. SpicyChick AKA Ginger
    SpicyChick AKA Ginger says:

Congratulations to Martiana Jewelry for finding all 300!

120. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Mariman and anyone else that wonders about the See All: take a look back through the posts here for Steve’s answer. ;)
    I’m in some pain today, but still aiming to qualify. Can’t cross my fingers, need ‘em for the mouse. :)

121. EPBCornell
    EPBCornell says:

Wow! Someone found ALL the eggs this year! I think that’s a first. Congratulations Mariana Jewelry!!!
    I have just finished visiting every page within the egg hunt search, and desire scrolling to the bottom of each page to find that handful hiadden down there, I somehow glazed over 18 eggs without recognizing them. Alas, sometimes you just get to a point in the night when you lose focus & you’re just going through the motions. But it was fun & I have a couple of gorgeous gemstone strands coming my way for my fun efforts! Thanks, Steve & the Lima team for anot

122. EPBCornell
    EPBCornell says:

…her fabulous year!!!

Wedemeyer K says:

I have gone through entire categories and clicked on hundreds of individual items in the last 2 days and found 1 egg.

This is ridiculous!

124. B Miller
    B Miller says:

The 2021 Lima Beads Easter Egg Hunt

Me, Day 1: Woo hoo! Glad the hunt is back on for 2021!
    Me, Day 2: Dang it, work is cutting into my hunting time!
    Me, Day 3: Seriously, how are people up to 189 eggs?
    Me, Day 4: Insanity is kicking in. Lost in a sea of seed beads.
    Me, Day 5: Who needs sleep? Must. Find. More. Eggs.
    Me, Day 6: Eek, I have way too much stuff in my cart!

Happy Easter, everyone! Thank you Lima Beads for another wonderful contest… I’ve been playing since the very first egg hunt, and look forward to it every year!

mariman says:

diamonddustshoe : First of all I wish you all the best! Get well soon! I hope you manage to qualify!
    I have already read what Steve answered to you. But by saying that we don’t have to worry about it, might mean that this area won’t give us many eggs, so there’s no need to waste time on it. But for someone who is aiming to get all the eggs it is important. That’s why I insist on asking. :)

126. diamonddustshoe
    diamonddustshoe says:

Thank you, mariman. :) But I also emailed about it while turning in an error I found, and got a more direct answer, so without putting in his direct quote, let’s say I’m sure. ;)

Verleen F says:

Wedemeyer K, that’s odd. How are you searching for them? Are you doing a methodical search, or just random clicks?

128. FlowerleafStudio
    FlowerleafStudio says:

Another fun hunt! I can’t remember how many I found in 2019, but I cashed in at 129 this year, haha! Thank you Lima Peeps for putting another hunt together… You’re the best!

Meredith K says:

Verleen, Wedemeyer: Depending on the category, this can happen. I’m not spoiling WHAT section but in one section I went through all the subcategories alphabetically and had a total blank in both those categories and hundreds of individual items from mid-F to somewhere in the Ms . Ones with a lot of items can have really huge deserts.

M Kidd: There are browser extensions like linkclump that can let you drag across multiple links to open them in new tabs without having to click individually (It’s the only way I got to 110, I have a rsi and frequent clicking is the biggest trigger). But, yeah, you still need to open all the items and check them individually.

Verleen F says:

Meredith K,

I was actually going to suggest that they try the opposite of whatever they were doing. LOL

When I get frustrated, I change it up.

sand dune babe says:

Finally gave up after finding 82 egg. But it was enjoyable as I found many beads that I will add to my collection in the coming weeks. Thanks for this distraction that is much needed!

132. Kathryn R
    Kathryn R says:

My theme song this year: “lookin’ fer egggs in ALL the wrong Play-sezzz.” :o (

karendk says:

Just wanted to give a BIG THANKS to Lima Beads. It has been a trying year and I want you to know how much we all appreciate you making this Egg Hunt possible for us. Good luck to everyone-only a few hours left!

Wedemeyer K says:

I have been methodical, going category by category and sub-section then individual items in each sub-section. I guess I could try a more shotgun approach, but at this point I am pretty disgusted.

Well done to those of you who have made it over 50!

135. Stone Treasures
    Stone Treasures says:

Thanks Lima for another lesson in patients and tenacity! Thankful the hunt was on this year! Would be great Lima, if you would share some statistics. Showing a few screen shots that perhaps show the location of the smallest egg and the most elusive egg too! Congrats Martiana Jewerly on finding 300!! Extremely impressive!!

Hi all, great job today! Remember to place any orders with gifts by midnight tonight Pacific time! Happy Easter!

Meredith K says:

Steve – there doesn’t seem to be a way to add 2 of the same prize item (for example matching charms to make earrings) to the cart. If I select it again on the prize page it just takes me back to the cart with quantity x1. Is this deliberate (ie no repeat prizes) or no? Thanks!

S Estey says:

So you can only get one prize once? Meaning I can’t use 36 eggs to choose four green Aventurine teardrop pendants? That doesn’t seem right.

139. Elaine Surrayahs Jewels
    Elaine Surrayahs Jewels says:

Well, I think I have broken my peripheral vision because I have been seeing eggs out of the corner of my eyes for about 3 days now. But it has been well worth it!! Thanks again for the great egg hunt and I am extremely impressed that Martiana Jewelry found all 300!! That was my goal this year but only made it to 276 but I am content with that! Happy Easter, everyone!!

140. NettyPreat Designs
    NettyPreat Designs says:

So glad to have the egg hunt this year!! Redeemed my prizes earlier than expected due to an unexpected surprise. My laptop locked up… I had to force restart. I did not think that would happen as this is a fairly new laptop and has never given me any issues at all before. This has happened in every hunt I have ever done except maybe the first few when I was not as good at it. On my old desktop getting a blue screen on the last day was not a big shock. I put it down to the computer. However it happened with this laptop too and in the last day/last few hours of the hunt. Anyone have any thoughts as to what is the issue? Maybe it is the browser. I use Firefox but I think next egg hunt will try Chrome… and hopefully a pretty brand new laptop also. :D

Thanks again for a great time and already wishing it was closer to next Easter. ;)

- Heidi

141. S Marlow
    S Marlow says:

It is awesome that someone found all 300 eggs. I am impressed. I am way too far to catch up to the leaders, knowing that I must have plain missed/overlooked some eggs. But, my question: is it possible for Lima Beads to look at someone’s browing history/egg count to identify an area or more that was totally ignored? Just curious if I totally missed an area that should have been searched. Thank you for the great fun. I haven’t missed an egg hunt since your first one. I look forward to it all year.

Gina says:

Thank you so much again this year!! I’ve enjoyed the hunt for years. I ended up at 249 eggs and it was eggcellent! Hats off to the top 25, it’s impressive!
    Thank you to everyone at Lima Beads!!

143. Cindy Marie
    Cindy Marie says:

Thank you to the Lima Beads staff for a fun-filled week off egg hunting! The prizes are so generous, and the hunt is always intense. I can’t wait to do it all again next year!

Suzanne I says:

Prize questions: as Steve mentioned earlier, yes, you can only get one of each prize, to make sure they have enough to go around.

Martiana Jewelry: congratulations on finding all the eggs! I am in awe of your eagle eye.

Lima: thank you sooo much for having the hunt again this year! As crazy as it makes us trying to find those (really pretty!) eggs each year, it clearly makes us even crazier when we can’t do it. My brain start looking out for eggs and pastel colors in January.

Notes on the hunt: I’m grateful for the reduced search area this year, and I think you have a great balance of easier and harder to find eggs. Fully half of the eggs were on the non item pages. Maybe you could update your notes to make this clearer for newer hunters that they can get plenty of prizes without diving as deep as the item level AT ALL. I’m sure the hunters that are eyeing the top of the leaderboard would appreciate clarity up front on all the views/sorts/show all areas that are not included, too, to save us clicking on thousands of extra links all while telling ourselves it’s probably a waste of time. Al in all, though, I love the hunt, and will participate every year I can. :)

Site note: I was surprised how many Czech glass beads weren’t captured in the major color categories, e.g blue. As a shopper that was recently looking for blue beads, I think it would be helpful to make sure all beads in categories like this are color tagged so shoppers can find them.

Final note: THANK YOU for all the work you put into this hunt!

145. SimplyStacyJewelry
    SimplyStacyJewelry says:

I’m still not giving up with 234 beads found but I went ahead and placed my order. I’m so sad because I forgot to enter my 10% off coupon I received via email. That would’ve helped! Anyway, thanks for having it again this year. I missed it so much last year!

Happy Easter!

146. LadyDi
    LadyDi says:

Well, I didn’t make the leaderboard this year (was on it for a minute early on, lol) but I am SOOOOOO glad we got to play this year. I missed it so much last year! Congrats to all the leaderboarders, and good luck to the top 25 grad prize drawing. Can’t wait for next year!

C Hickman says:

Thank you so much for bringing back the Egg Hunt! It was a very pleasant distraction and I’ve discovered so many new beads and findings that I want!

Kitty L says:

First time hunter here, just want to say thanks for organizing; it was super fun! Can’t wait to try again next year!

mariman says:

Congratulations to L Merrell for winning the Grand prize!
    Lima Team you have made a mistake. L Merrell is not the one who found the most eggs, Martiana Jewelry is.

150. Elaine Surrayahs Jewels
    Elaine Surrayahs Jewels says:

@mariman…I noticed that as well….congrats to the big winner!!

151. d j beadalicious
    d j beadalicious says:

Congrats to the big winner, I don’t know how the top people do it. I did the best I ever have and did stay on the leader board. I was just so glad you brought it back this year. I love your website and have been a fan for years. I know this takes a lot of work, this was such a treat with the stress of Covid! Thanks again!

Hi all: Well, that’s a wrap! I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to all of you who participated in the hunt this year. We had to skip the hunt last year… it didn’t feel the same without it! Thank you for making this year’s hunt a success.

I know some of you saw a message announcing the grand prize winner. This was a mistake on our part–it was the same exact message from the prior hunt in 2019, and it was posted automatically by mistake. This is my fault–and I have contacted L Merrell to clear things up.

I will be posting more info & the correct grand prize winner later today. Stay tuned, and thank you for making this year’s hunt a fun one!

Comments are closed for this entry.

• SteveSteve said »
    “Hi all: Well, that's a wrap! I want to send out a …”
    “Congrats to the big winner, I don't know how the top people …”
  • Elaine Surrayahs JewelsElaine Surrayahs Jewels said »
    “@mariman...I noticed that as well....congrats to the big winner!! …”
  • No Photomariman said »
    “Congratulations to L Merrell for winning the Grand prize! Lima Team you …”
  • No PhotoKitty L said »
    “First time hunter here, just want to say thanks for organizing; it …”
  • No PhotoC Hickman said »
    “Thank you so much for bringing back the Egg Hunt! It was …”